Page 49 of 52 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast

Thread: ToD Episode 6: High Road, Low Road

Illimistra turns to Grim, one pale eyebrow raised as she waits for his translation.

2. Default

Grim translates, almost verbatim, but in a more concise manner the proposition made by Snapjaw.

He then adds, addressing the group, "I think we can give them another chance to prove themselves worthy of consideration as allies. We can allow them to rest here and keep watch. If they try anything, they know what is coming for them. I highly doubt they wish to forfeit their lives. The stronger ones of their clan may be more willing to help us in the future when the need arises if we do them this kindness. We know that the cult has its own army as it is."

Mal nods. "Agreed. We need allies. Let us earn them."
    --------------------------------------------------------

Illimistra pauses, smiles and finally nods.

"Earning allies instead of slaughtering enemies...you toplanders never cease to amaze me," the drow mused.

5. Default

Grim conveys the same to Snapjaw in Draconic, "My allies have graciously agreed to granting your clan safe harbor despite their worst efforts to sabotage the same. I hope they remember our kindness along with our strength. I am counting on you to make sure that they do. We will keep watch and they are free to do the same, neither party will trespass into the other's half of the area. Those are the rules."

He will relay what he has said back to the rest of the party so that they know as well and then prepare for the period of rest.

Snapjaw is animated, and the other lizardfolk seem to breathe a sigh of relief as they pull the canoes toward the bank of the small island. They prepare to set up a larger fire in the fire pit, but look at you warily, as if waiting for permission.

Come join us on Discord!

Illimistra nods, doing the same as Grim. Turns out, that same gesture worked in the Underdark too.

The lizardfolk build up the fire. Snapjaw finally seems relaxed, and spends time going back and forth between the two sides chatting with everyone in draconic - and in broken common as needed. Once the fire is built up, the other lizardfolk begin hacking at their fallen comrades' bodies, butchering them and roasting the parts on the roaring fire.

Come join us on Discord!

Vala, who stood silently at the very same spot as she was just as the combat started, watching the lizardmen with an emotionless face,
    now starts walking, with certainty and confidence, leaving very little room for any of the lizardmen watching to even think challenging her.
    Approaching at the "border" of her camp, she looks over to the part that the lizardmen butchering and roasting their former allies.
    She continues standing there for several minutes, her gaze lost, along with her thoughts on the firepit and the sizzling meat.

Page 49 of 52 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast