Page 17 of 32 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 318

Thread: ToD Episode 6: High Road, Low Road

  1. #161
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    5,903

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DonJentleman View Post
    Authentic Forum Dice-rolllongsword - (1d20+5) [6] (Allies within 30ft gain +2 Initiative, already in my initiative)

    Ignatius sees the fight go very wrong at the start, grimacing and calling out to the people in the lunch room in a clear voice, "This man has no intentions of an honorable duel!" His voice carries out far more than usual... perhaps even Illimistra can hear him too. Meanwhile, he telepathically reaches out to Mal, Do not fear him, but you need to get into a more advantageous position. Place your trust in me, and I will guide you. Mal can feel a sort of comradarie form between the two, stronger than what he has felt before.

    (Bonus Action for War Leader, Action for Strategic Mind, Move behind the cultist. Draw a dagger.)
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollslashing - (1d8+3) [5] (If necessary to rally others to us)
    Others crowd around you at the door to see, and you're very nearly pushed down the stairs yourself. It seems most people are too interested in the spectacle to hear you out.

    Quote Originally Posted by Severalis View Post
    Mal grits his teeth, refusing to let the pain from the opening blows show on his face. He mutters some arcane words and casts Armor of Agathys on himself, causing a frost to cover his body. He maintains his illusion, hopefully hiding the presence of his magic, and snarls at the man, "Is that the best you've got?" Mal then hops back, feinting an opening in his defenses and hoping to coerce the man into striking at him as he steps away, triggering his trap. He circles around so that the man has to face away from where ignatius is, but stays within range of his strange companion's boon. If Mal's Curse did not yet take effect, Mal will make certain it is activated on his foe.

    (HP = 54 - 3 - 8 - 8 = 35. THP = 20. Whenever Mal is hit, the cultist will take 20 cold damage)
    (I'm hoping to provoke an OA from the cultist)
    The cultist does indeed attack as you step away.
    Authentic Forum Dice-rolllongsword - (1d20+5) [6] , Authentic Forum Dice-rollslashing - (1d8+3) [5]
    It seems he was not expecting you to step away, and his blade swings too slowly to catch you.
    "Ha! Coward! Fight me, instead of running away!"

    Quote Originally Posted by Ra-thalun View Post
    Authentic Forum Dice-rolllongsword - (1d20+5) [6]

    "Dammit," the drow mutters, both from the lock-picking and from the noises above.

    "This will have to be a job for another time," she murmurs and then begins to hurry toward the sounds of commotion above.
    The door to the storage is directly beneath the stairs to the dining area, and it opens out into the courtyard. You hear the commotion directly above and moving down into the courtyard, and realize that leaving the storage area now might mean people would see you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kerilstrasz View Post
    Vala observes for a moment reading the situation.
    She leans against the door frame, with her hand crossbow already drawn, but hidden behind her back.
    It seems that the man is gaining on Mal, but she wouldn't intervene; it wouldn't be the first time that
    both parties of a fight she broke up turn against her because she didn't allow one to defend his honor.
    Nevertheless, she watches the way the cultist fights & moves about, studying his prowess, ready to
    have him knocked to the ground if the situation gets out of hand, not missing the chance
    to observe the crowd gathering, for anyone trying to use the distraction for something... weird.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rolllongsword - (1d20+5) [6]

    Edit:
    the perception roll goes for watching the crowd
    Most in the crowd are spectators. You note some cultists who are watching a with a bit too much happiness, but they are also glancing around and looking at you, Grim, and Ignatius to see if you intend to intervene. They have done nothing untoward yet that you have noticed.
    Last edited by Rellott; 04-13-2019 at 11:45 PM.



    Come join us on Discord!

  2. #162

    Default

    "Thats funny, coming from one who strikes at an opponent's back."
    Last edited by Severalis; 04-14-2019 at 08:22 PM.
    --------------------------------------------------------

  3. #163

    Default

    Illimistra will use her Ki to cast Invisibility on herself, and once again invisible, runs to the sound of the commotion.



  4. #164
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    5,903

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Severalis View Post
    "Thats funny, coming from one who strikes at an opponent's back."
    "You've got no room to talk, killing someone while they sleep!"
    The man retaliates with words and steel.
    Authentic Forum Dice-rolllongsword - (1d20+5) [10] , Authentic Forum Dice-rollslashing - (1d8+3) [6]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rolllongsword - (1d20+5) [7] , Authentic Forum Dice-rollslashing - (1d8+3) [11]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollshortsword - (1d20+5) [12] , Authentic Forum Dice-rollpiercing - (1d6+3) [8]

    Quote Originally Posted by Ra-thalun View Post
    Illimistra will use her Ki to cast Invisibility on herself, and once again invisible, runs to the sound of the commotion.
    Roll stealth with advantage. People could still see the door open and close, even if they don't see you exit.



    Come join us on Discord!

  5. #165

    Default

    This time, as the main swings at him, Mal is ready and surefooted. He steps back with each swipe, easily sidestepping the attacks. After the strike with the short sword, the man overextends, and Mal tries to capitalize. He swings his quarter staff forward, towards the man's legs, while using his shield to slam the cultist and trip him.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollAthletics:Shove Prone - (1d20+4) (10) [14]

    Either way, Mal follows up on this Maneuver with two rapid strikes of his staff towards the man's torso.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollAttack - (1d20+7) (11) [18]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d6+6+3) (6) [15]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollAttack - (1d20+7) (17) [24]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d6+6+3) (4) [13]
    --------------------------------------------------------

  6. #166

    Default

    (All strikes are intended to be non-lethal)
    --------------------------------------------------------

  7. #167
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    5,903

    Default

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollathletics - (1d20+5) [6]
    Your attacks batter the man and drop him to the ground, but he just spits in the dirt of the courtyard. He doesn't look like he'll be backing down yet. It's everyone else's turn, if they wish to do anything. Still need Illimistra's stealth check from last round, and Vala's initiative if she decides to jump in.
    Last edited by Rellott; 04-15-2019 at 07:22 PM.



    Come join us on Discord!

  8. #168

    Default

    Vala keeps watching the crowd, trying to catch up with any possible hostile moves coming from the spectators.
    She also watches at the duel often, ready to intervene with a barrage of rubber bolts if Mal is to receive a mortal wound.


  9. #169

    Default

    Ignatius gets in a bit closer, if only to keep within range of Mal. All's fair in love and war, especially when the honorless fall so quickly, he telepathically communicates with him. Do not relent! Strike him while he's down!
    Mal feels compelled to go in for another strike, but it is possible for him to resist.

    Command to Strike (3 psi)As an action, choose one ally you can see within 60 feet of you. That ally can use their reaction to immediately take the Attack action. You choose the targets.
    Last edited by DonJentleman; 04-16-2019 at 03:29 AM.

  10. #170

    Default

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollForgot advantage, in case of a crit - (2d20) (12, 5) [17]

    Mal hears Ignatius' call and allows himself to be guided by the telepathic voice, striking again.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollAttack - (2d20b1+7) (3, 5) [12]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d6+6+3) (6) [15]
    --------------------------------------------------------

Page 17 of 32 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •