Page 39 of 42 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: ToD Episode 6: High Road, Low Road

If I had to speculate on what the dragon wants... Ingatius begins to reach out to all of his teamates telepathically (Telepathic Contact Focus),The Black Death might want to keep followers to themselves, rather than have them worship Tiamat... I don't have to say that reaching out to the dragon will be dangerous, do I?

2. Default

"I think we are past sticking to the safe choices. The potential reward is worth the risk, I feel", says Grim, sighing and concuring after a few moments of thought, considering Ignatius' telepathic message.

"Agreed," Illimistra murmurs softly from the shadows. "It is time to fight dragons with dragons."

"... Very well. Mal, feel free to tell the lizard we will meet with The Black Death."

Mal turns to Snapjaw and says, "can you take us to the Black Death? We can figure out how to free your people with his aid."
    --------------------------------------------------------

"Yes, I will take you." The lizardman turns and begins walking down the thin path the others had begun to flee down not moments before. He does not look back to see if you are following. Assuming you follow, you find yourselves trekking down the muddy path, shoes and boots schlocking in the muck as you move away from the relative safety of civilization and deeper into the Mere of Dead men.

You find the saltwater swamp to be a slow and treacherous passage. In many places the dark waters are deep enough to permit a flat-bottomed skiff to pass, but in other locations small islands rise from brackish pools and are overrun with riotous twisted vegetation. The ancient remains of long-fallen humans, demi-humans, and orcs are scattered everywhere as are the bones of many less identifiable creatures. Thankfully, your passage for the first day is mostly over land... or the closest thing to solid ground the swamp seems to offer. You do have a run-in with a predatory giant frog, but you have little trouble dispatching it.

Toward the end of the first day, you approach an island that appears to have tents on it. Snapjaw continues toward the island with no words, just as he has led much of the way thus far.
    Last edited by Rellott; 09-01-2019 at 05:25 PM.

Come join us on Discord!

"How much farther, Snapjaw?" the drow asks as they pause a moment.

"Two more highsuns," he replies. "Unless the Black Death finds us before we reach its lair."

He looks around the camp. "We stop here for the night. Safe place for lizardfolk."
    Last edited by Rellott; 09-03-2019 at 05:09 PM.

Come join us on Discord!

"But is it safe for those who aren't?" the drow wonders aloud.

The lizardman seems to know enough common to understand your words, though he stops and cocks his head for a moment to ponder the answer. After a moment, he replies in his attempt at common: "Is maybe."

Come join us on Discord!

Page 39 of 42 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast