Page 55 of 61 FirstFirst ... 5455354555657 ... LastLast

Thread: ToD Episode 6: High Road, Low Road

"I will watch, Vala," the drow murmurs. "Set your plan in motion; I will guard its machinations."

You move further toward the dragon's lair. The acrid smells of death and decay are mixed with the pungent aroma of acid. Any exposed skin that touches the water tingles and reddens after just a moment. Before much longer, you see a ruined stone temple halfway sunken in the muck. Other rocks resting nearby indicate that there was likely some sort of settlement here, but only the temple remains. Leading up to the temple are the remains of a colonnade, the pillars mostly broken and fallen down, but the ground between their stumps is largely out of the water and could serve as a ground on which to paint the statue, or you could venture into the temple. Snapjaw indicates that the temple is Black Death's sanctum, but he has never been inside to know what it looks like.

Come join us on Discord!

"Let the painting commence then, Vala," the drow intones when the reach the clearing.

Mal will wait for Vala to gather her tools and then will cast Major Image, creating an illusion of the Dragon posing in triumph.
    --------------------------------------------------------

Default ToD Episode 6: High Road, Low Road

Vala can make a wisdom check with advantage to paint her sculpture. She can add proficiency bonus if she’s proficient with painter’s tools.

Come join us on Discord!

Vala gathers the equipment needed for the task in hand and takes a moment to examine the area & the ruins of the temple,
    in order to find the perfect spot to place it.
    After examining the illusion manifested, and asking for some minor changes in order to have ready an image to copy from,
    she dips her brush in the paint..

Authentic Forum Dice-rollWisdom - (1d20+2) [19]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollWisdom w/Advantage - (1d20+2) [17]

((OOC: No drawing tools prof.. is woodcarving close enough? i dont think so, but if it is, my prof is +3))
    ((OOC:
    Lol.. i have dragons as favorite enemy
    Would an Int check add something to my try?
    ))

Edit:
    I had forgot i had the feature :P
    I need to take a language too as the feature suggests.. it would be draconic, obviously.
    So lets assume i spoke them all that time, and that for some reason Vala didn't want or cared enough to revealed that till now.
    Last edited by Kerilstrasz; 02-15-2020 at 06:21 PM.

Vala begins her attempt at painting the dragon, and the colors flow from her brush, pooling into a base that slowly grows upwards, following Vala's brush. It's clear as you observe Vala creating the statue that it is made of plaster and will thus be of cheap quality and poor durability, but she does a surprisingly good job of making it look just like you would expect a black dragon would look. The head has a definite bony skull shape, and there are a number of horns and bony prongs everywhere. It is quite fearsome. She adds some final touches of apparent jewelry as the wings finish solidifying in their outstretched form.

It winds up looking something like...

As she steps back to admire her work, a sudden foul-smelling puff of wind blows through. You look up to see, from the darkness inside the temple, a massive head emerges - an eerie duplicate of the one you just watched Vala paint. Droplets of green acid drip from around its teeth. How it got inside its lair without flying past you is unclear, but it doesn't stay in its lair. Exiting behind the head is the massive body and wings, which it unfurls as soon as they are clear of the entryway. Its size and clear menace would be intimidating enough if you didn't know just how deadly and dangerous a dragon already was... and a black dragon, no less.

"You come to my lair unbidden, and appeal to my vanity. Tell me quickly. What do you seek from me, the great Voaraghamanthar, the Black Death? Why should I not show you how I earned my name?"

Snapjaw immediately prostrates himself before the dragon.
    Last edited by Rellott; 02-16-2020 at 11:59 AM.

Come join us on Discord!

((OOC: I was under the impression that it would end up be made out of stone, but if you consider it to be a work of art,
    then i guess it is considered valuable enough to be made out of plaster.
    Anyway..
    i thought that i wrote it in a previous post, but i cant find anything like it right now..
    ((Vala's first thought that led her to examine the dragon was to alter her armor appearence to look like it is made in honor of a black dragon,
    having foils for the hard parts and dragon like skin for the softer parts.))

since it seems i didnt post that and thus did it earlier, Vala will use her armor feature at the first sign of the dragon approach to change it to that image.))

Vala turns to face the dragon, slightly shaken at first but finding her composure as soon as the dragon finishes his sentence.

((OOC: Here she will wait a breath or two before speaking, thinking that maybe someone else might be more "suitable" to talk business with a dragon. ))

(OOC: I don't think now's the time for my girl with a 9 charisma to make a big speech, my friends. If Illimistra starts talking, we're probably already in trouble here. )

Illimistra pauses, looks at her allies...breathes...and waits.
    Last edited by Raistlinmc; 02-18-2020 at 01:39 AM.

Mal bows deeply and prostrates himself, following Snapjaw's lead. "Oh great Voaraghamanthar, we come humbly to offer tribute to your strength and fury, and to request your blessing and aid in an endeavor that will bring further glory to your great name." Mal pauses here to guage the dragon's response.
    --------------------------------------------------------

Page 55 of 61 FirstFirst ... 5455354555657 ... LastLast