Page 51 of 56 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast

Thread: ToD Episode 6: High Road, Low Road

My girl is good now that she's well fed.

The night passes uneventfully and dawn breaks. Or rather, it would, if you could see much of the sky from beneath the canopy of the marsh trees. Even in daylight, it is dim beneath the trees. Snapjaw leads you further into the swamp, towards Black Death's lair. The other lizardmen continue with their mission so as not to arouse suspicion or draw the wrath of the bullywugs and cultists that are oppressing them.

You use one of the lizardfolk's skiffs to move a little faster - but not by much. Roots and shallows still create a maze for the boat to navigate. Snapjaw has some knowledge of the area and is able to direct the boat so that it goes much faster than if you were navigating it on your own. As time passes, the water - already dark and murky, takes on an almost greenish tint. Where before you saw fish and some aquatic life, now there is none. Fewer birds sing. The trees have fewer leaves, and many of them seem dead and rotten.

Snapjaw informs you that you are getting closer to the dragon's lair, and as he finishes his statement and turns back to navigating, you notice something strange. First, what little birdsong there was, ceases. Then you hear the rushing of wind just moments before you feel it swirling all around you. Then you see it. A massive, black, winged shape flies directly over you, coming from in front of you and continuing on behind you. If it saw you, it gave no indication, and continues skirting the top of the trees on behind you. Branches that it nicked and broke off fall in a shower around you, disturbing the water, but the ripples barely spread - the water is thick with algae and other foul substances.

Snapjaw hisses a bit before speaking in draconic: "The dragon has left is home. We can proceed and wait for it to return, or we can wait here and approach when it is at home. If we wait at its home, we should have a larger offering than if we approach when it is already at home."

Come join us on Discord!

Vala observes the dragon carefully as it flies above them.
    She tries to discern the exact color, patterns and texture of his skin and foils, in a degree that she could later
    bring the image of the above in her mind with as much detail as possible.

OOC: What i roll?
    Last edited by Kerilstrasz; 01-13-2020 at 11:26 AM.

"We should gather our offerings and wait for it to return. I cant imagine it will take kindly to having its lair intruded upon."
    --------------------------------------------------------

5. Default

Grim agrees with Mal's reasoning. It may be viewed as an insult and not lead to a very friendly follow-up conversation.

"Very well. We wait," Illimista nods.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerilstrasz View Post
    Vala observes the dragon carefully as it flies above them.
    She tries to discern the exact color, patterns and texture of his skin and foils, in a degree that she could later
    bring the image of the above in her mind with as much detail as possible.

OOC: What i roll?
    >Perception.

What sort of offerings do you plan to provide? The lizardfolk have said they typically bring it food and/or treasure.

Come join us on Discord!

Authentic Forum Dice-rollPerception - (1d20+5) [23]

((OOC: About treasure..
    Assuming DM allows the use of "Nolzur's Marvelous Pigments" in such a way..
    how about thousands of tiny beads (think of your normal ball bearings) made of gold?
    They will be easy to draw (actually a tiny circle) that each would cost less than 25g (which is the limit).
    Now about the number of em.. it takes 10 minutes to cover 100 square feet. So.. 4-5 sackfuls??
    Again, that's an offering, and doesn't buy us goods.. it buys us the time to offer him the real "offering".
    Our help to avoid been overthrown by Tiamat, and keep his dominion for as long as he pleases. [B]))

((OOC2/Edit: We can always draw a herd of cows or whatever for him to feast on :P ))
    Last edited by Kerilstrasz; 01-15-2020 at 11:41 AM.

(Mal doesnt have much loot to offer, unless we pooled gold. I think finding food is a good start, but we should aim to have something shiny also)
    --------------------------------------------------------

"I have a spellbook here that we picked up I don't remember how long ago," Illimistra says. "Since we have no wizards in our midst, it seems more than expendable. Perhaps the dragon would appreciate something arcane in nature."

Page 51 of 56 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast