Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: ToD OOC Chatter: Episode 6

Tbh i have no idea what to expect. But its suspicious enough to look. Grim and mal (in disguise) can serve as lookouts, since if we're in a basement no one can get to you without passing us.

Vala is in charge of lockpicking, Illimistra gives an insane boost to stealth and can be crazy mobile if necessary, and Ignatius gives skill proficiencies, 'magic', and communication, should you run into problems.

Plus, this lets everyone in the game be around to participate towards the same goal =p
    --------------------------------------------------------

The telepathy is coming from Ignatius and the following ability:
    At 2nd level, your mind awakens to the ability to communicate via telepathy. You can telepathically speak to any creature you can see within 120 feet of you in this manner. You don’t need to share a language with the creature for it to understand your telepathic messages, but the creature must be able to understand at least one language or be telepathic itself.

Ignatius also has the ability to communicate with up to 6 different people at once by using a psychic focus.

As for his abilities, Ignatius is capable of reconnaissance via invisible sensor (as well an ability similar to locate person), ice manipulation, suggestion and paralysis, healing, fear effects, and the big one: battlefield command abilities (picking out targets, buffing combat abilities, commanding people to strike). Ignatius isn't quite a covert ops kind of character, but he's very adaptable to other things (especially skill based tasks).

Ignatius could have potentially used an ability similar to arcane eye to look into the storage room, although if there isn't an opening larger than an inch in diameter, he won't be able to access it. If he was 2 levels higher, this wouldn't be an issue, but that's not the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerilstrasz View Post
    Do we have another means of "walkie talkie" communication?
    You got a synced up set of Sending Stones back in Baldur's Gate. Magical coal, actually...

Quote Originally Posted by Rellott View Post
    Riglin puts his hand in the bag and finds what feels like several hard rocks covered in a chalky substance. He removes one of them and sees that it is a small lump of coal. It does seem to have a small snowflake carved on its surface. He looks and sees that there are as many lumps of coal as there are party members.

Come join us on Discord!

Oh neat. Thats a useful panic button.

Even if ignatius isnt a covert char, i think his skills would help complement what the others are doing. I like the team split above, so i'll have Mal suggest it
    --------------------------------------------------------

I was just reading that post from Rell that reminded us of the Sendhing stones coal..
    Jamna got coal...

Buh.. i'm just giving Rell bad ideas here..

Quote Originally Posted by Kerilstrasz View Post
    I was just reading that post from Rell that reminded us of the Sendhing stones coal..
    Jamna got coal...

Buh.. i'm just giving Rell bad ideas here..
    Where do you think I got the idea to mention that maybe hers was magical coal? I'm waaaaaaay ahead of you on "bad" ideas.

Come join us on Discord!

Quote Originally Posted by Rellott View Post
    You hear and see no one in the courtyard, and those of you entering the storage area see no one there, either. Which of you are going in there, and who is staying outside somewhere?
    Vala is inside

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-thalun View Post
    Illimistra will have cast Invisibility on herself and ...
    Unless Mal decides to drop concentration, which Illi can ask him not to unless he has to,
    she doesn't have to cast it herself.
    1 hour full duration.. take 10 minutes off (which is too much for even a careful stroll across the yard) for good measure.
    If picking a lock takes more than 20 minutes, then it won't open.
    (have i mentioned that i'm apprenticing in locksmithing?
    too happy about it )

Oh, thanks K.

So.. not "a kobold"... "many kobolds"..
    damn.. why am i talking?

So.. assuming there are kobolds or whatever inside..
    Should we just knock? or.. ?

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast