Quote Originally Posted by Severalis View Post
So, i (and mal) have a plan for some mischeif. I want to use Major Image to make an illusion of the red wizard and Rezmir appearing to the cultists, having the wizard tell them this is an astral projection and wont last for long. He'll ask for a status update, hopefully getting the cultists to spill some info.

I need to get close enough to hear the conversation, so i'm thinking Illimistra and Mal could hide in the woods or behind a wagon somewhere nearby at night while she casts Pass Without Trace.

Mal's gonna approach her a little later, once christmas is past and gifts are done. Anyone have anything they might want to contribute/join in with
The cutlists or at least 1 of them, would probably have heard or know what astral projection does, even if heard that in passing.
So maybe it is better to have only 1 of the 2 appear. Probably the Red Wizard, as they already know he is a wizard.
Also, if Rezmir appears, they know him well enough to tell that something is wrong. The wizard is a new addition, not to mention that just because
of his culture, he would have been a distant figure anyway.
He was tasked by Rezmir to get a progress report, including the status of the cargo, a confirmation that they know what they are to do and where they are going,
as well as what they are planning to do with/about "the pests" (that's us).
As to how we can overhear them..
If we do it at night, there will be plenty of shadows for Illimistra to jump and hide in one near them.
You can place the image where you like, so maybe he is standing infront of a huge stone or the like, & Illimistra hides behind it...

How that sounds?