Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 LastLast

Thread: Ooc

1. Default

As I hinted at earlier, reading the first book in the series has shed more light on the world and history of Westeros. I've re-summarized the state of affairs in which you find yourselves below. More will come as it is discovered by you, but here is the "main theme" of the game as it currently stands:

For over 5,000 years, Valyria was the greatest civilization mankind had ever seen. Valyria’s power was based on the taming and use of dragons in warfare, which they discovered in the chain of volcanoes known as the Fourteen Fires. During their reign, the Valyrian dragonlords conquered a large portion of Essos as well as the island of Dragonstone, but they never invaded Westeros (which they regarded as a poor, backwater continent).

Over 100 years ago, a catastrophic volcanic event known as the Doom of Valyria shattered the Valyrian Peninsula and wiped out almost all of the dragons in the world. The only major family of Valyrian dragonlords to survive the Doom were the Targaryens, who were living on the island of Dragonstone at the time. After Valyria was destroyed, Aegon I Targaryan sailed across the Blackwater Bay and made landfall on the northern bank of the Blackwater Rush, where he established his first stronghold.

Aegon and his two sister-wives, Rhaenys and Visenya, then led a campaign to conquer Westeros and unite the Seven Kingdoms under one ruler. The first to fall was Lord Harren of House Hoare, also known as Harren the Black. Aegon bottled Harren up in his castle at Harrenhal, and when Harren refused to surrender, Aegon has his dragon, Balerion, burn the castle to the ground.

Meanwhile, Aegon’s bastard half-brother, Orys Baratheon, led an army against Lord Argilac of House Durrandon. Argilac the Arrogant chose to battle in the open field, where he was defeated and killed. The Lannisters and Gardeners combined forces to oppose Aegon, but it was no use. Aegon and his sisters unleashed all three dragons at once, for the first time ever, and decimated the enemy forces within minutes.

After the deadly display, the remaining lords bent the knee to save themselves from assured destruction. After his two-year conquest, Aegon took his seat upon the Iron Throne and began his reign as ruler of the Seven Kingdoms. Over the next year, he focused on expanding his stronghold into the city known as King’s Landing, which he looked down upon from his castle known as the Red Keep.

Meanwhile, the lords and ladies of Westeros grew accustomed to life under Aegon’s rule. Some of the major houses had risen through the ranks while others had fallen or been destroyed, and so began the game of thrones. But while the nobles whispered and schemed, a great evil lurked in the farthest reaches of the north, one which was as old as Valyria itself, and which knew nothing of defeat.
    Last edited by Hideous; 06-05-2019 at 07:54 PM.

Aye - I just rewrote the Orys Baratheon bit so that he wasnt a General/Bastard Targaryen - more like a Captain of Durrandons guard - since in your game Lord Durrandon is still alive and a frisky lord with his .... underlings :P ..... but otherwise always fun to read the lore
    Corn canít expect justice from a court composed of chickens.

3. Default

Sorry about the slowness. Should be alright now.

I have 2 questions already, but im not in the room yet... so I will wait :P

Is the pig like a domesticated pig.... or a wild boar.

Cooked.... Butchered.... Sliced.

Or Raw, Rent by teeth or claw....

Trying to work out if it was Men or something else.

Ie
    I would assume men would kill it, butcher it, cook it.... (via spit over the hearth likely).... and then it would show signs of having had bits cut off.
    I would Assume that Orcs/Ogres etc would probably still kill and cook it.... but would likely tear bits off by brute strength/claws or just tear it open with their tusks etc.

So there would be an obvious difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Scymon View Post
    Cooked.... Butchered.... Sliced.

Or Raw, Rent by teeth or claw....

Trying to work out if it was Men or something else.

Ie
    I would assume men would kill it, butcher it, cook it.... (via spit over the hearth likely).... and then it would show signs of having had bits cut off.
    I would Assume that Orcs/Ogres etc would probably still kill and cook it.... but would likely tear bits off by brute strength/claws or just tear it open with their tusks etc.

So there would be an obvious difference.
    This is GoT. There miiiiight be ogres, but they'd probably be rare and solitary, and I don't think orcs are a thing. With all the tents outside, I'm thinking humans.

Come join us on Discord!

Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 LastLast