Page 24 of 41 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: Ooc

Default Ooc

Quote Originally Posted by Hideous View Post
    I have not seen it. Happy to take a look if you show me where.
    Sent you a PM through Tapatalk.

Come join us on Discord!

I was thinking of Primeval Awareness, which has text that says "Beginning at 3rd level, your mastery of ranger lore allows you to establish a powerful link tobeasts and to the land around you.You have an innate ability to communicate with beasts, and they recognize you as a kindred spirit. Through sounds and gestures, you can communicate simple ideas to a beast as an action, and can read its basic mood and intent. You learn its emotional state, whether it is affected by magic of any sort, its short-term needs (such as food or safety), and actions you can take (if any) to persuade it to not attack.You cannot use this ability against a creature that you have attacked within the past 10 minutes."
    Heller can pretty much teach it how to act by having regular "conversations" with it and he'll always know how best to approach things because he can read its mood.

3. Default

I see. That’s a neat trick and very thoughtful. It would definitely give whomever (Tarian? You?) advantage on the animal handling roll I mentioned above. You would essentially be helping her train it but it would be your animal companion.

Sure, I'll let you and the player work it out, ultimately, because they obviously want the owlbear and I don't. I wouldn't want to suddenly inherit it just because I'm a ranger. And, truth be told, I'm going to go down the path of the Hunter Conclave, not the Beast Conclave, so I would not automatically receive an animal companion at 3rd level anyway. So anything I do would just be to help the owlbear's owner keep it around and train it as best as possible.

Blog Entries

Sorry for the delay.
    https://www.dndbeyond.com/profile/us...cters/10168530

Does she work or you want me to remodel to something else? She has backstory that would explain why she might be there, why she is weak... But I'm not sure you will accept it.

6. Default

Looks fine to me except I can't see what background you chose. Also, when you get a chance, would you mind transferring the sheet to Mythweavers? I know it’s a pain and probably annoying since you would obviously prefer to use DND Beyond but it’s easier for me to have them all in one place. PM me your ideas for backstory as I couldn’t see one from the link you sent me. And welcome back.

Sleepius, I also need a backstory from you for Evelyn Sage.

The two of you (Evelyn and Linfir) will be introduced shortly. I'll PM both of you together with my ideas.
    Last edited by Hideous; 04-03-2019 at 06:45 PM.

Blog Entries

will do as soon as i can, Stuck with a sick kid that only give me a moment to do anything

Blog Entries

9. Default

So what is everyone doing? I can't move the story along until you guys do something. So far we have Vanya inside the compound and spotting tracks while everyone else is still outside the outer wall tethering up their horses...

Page 24 of 41 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast