Page 1 of 35 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Ooc

1. Default Ooc

Welcome to a Song of Fire and Dice. I've put a lot under the World Information thread, which will be updated as the players progress. Go ahead and read through it at your leisure. For those of you who may be intimately familiar with the Game of Thrones books and/or television show, most of this will be old news. Just remember that nothing you've read or seen on TV has happened yet, as this game takes place about 300 years before the books and show, right after Aegon Targaryen I invaded Westeros and unified the Seven Kingdoms under his rule. For those of you haven't read the books or watched the show (which have two different story lines), I've tried to leave out anything that might act as a spoiler.

Also, as noted in the World Information thread, most of Westeros (and Essos, for that matter) is inhabited by humans. In the books and TV show, there are no elves or dwarves or halflings. Since we are using the D&D 5e rules, and because I did not want to exclude the other races, this setting has been adapted to include them. Thus, although uncommon, elves, dwarves and halflings (and even tieflings and even dragonborn) do exist in this world. Their ancestry (which is written in italics in the World Information thread) has been completely fabricated by me, so please excuse my crude attempt to fit a square peg into a round hole.

In the meantime, feel free to introduce yourselves while I finish getting the rest of the forum up and running. Also, you will all begin the campaign as newly sworn members of the Night's Watch, so feel free to update your backstories to explain why you chose to take the oath. I would suggest reading the introduction to Chapter 1 beforehand as it might help set the stage.
    Last edited by Hideous; 12-21-2018 at 05:38 PM.

Hello, everyone. Happy to be a part of this. I look forward to gaming with all of you. I've edited the character's backstory to include the Watch now.

Default Ooc

Is the Nightís Watch thing a new part of the character? I didnít really see mine going that route. Iíll have to spend a little while thinking about it - and thinking about why my retainers would come with me.

Come join us on Discord!

Blog Entries

Hey all! Nightwatch actually fits my character well. Being an urchin and such he would have found the offer to be almost too good to pass up!

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Rellott View Post
    Is the Night’s Watch thing a new part of the character? I didn’t really see mine going that route. I’ll have to spend a little while thinking about it - and thinking about why my retainers would come with me.
    So, especially for Ser Edric, we can talk about it being optional. Since he is a knight and a noble, he may be "testing out" the Watch before he commits. If it is really a problem for your character concept, I am happy to work with you obviously. As explained in the introduction to chapter one, some choose to join for the honor, while others do so to escape their past (especially a criminal past). In any case, it is not necessarily a "forever" thing since the king can always allow you to leave the Watch. Of course, you'd have to get the king's ear first, but that may provide you with another goal in the long term. Plus, I thought it was a convenient way of getting all of you into the same party without having to meld everyone's backstories together and explain how they ended up in the same tavern on the same quest... In short, I'm happy to work with you on it either here or by private message.

Ooookay this'll be interesting to try to suss this one out for Samaya! I do plan on doign some decent backstory shizzle this weekend anyway and certainly work out this one...

What is the Knights Watch in this time like? In the 'modern' times there's the rising threat beyond the wall. Or is it mostly Wildlings focused?

I'm also thinking of modern KW where there's no magic in GoT, but obv now this isn't the case. Trying to work out why a sorcerer would join, and female to boot :-p

Edit: I haev read the first post now (should have done that first, d'oh) so I have a better idea of the Nights Watch, but still wanna be clear for magic users, what its like for women (to be sure it's somewhere women would def want to join etc). I have a fairly solid idea of how I got up there at least but any extra info will help a lot I think.
    Last edited by Rubymay; 12-21-2018 at 09:27 PM.

Also, hello everyone! I look forward to gaming with you all

The (k)night is dark and full of terrors

Quote Originally Posted by Hideous View Post
    So, especially for Ser Edric, we can talk about it being optional. Since he is a knight and a noble, he may be "testing out" the Watch before he commits. If it is really a problem for your character concept, I am happy to work with you obviously. As explained in the introduction to chapter one, some choose to join for the honor, while others do so to escape their past (especially a criminal past). In any case, it is not necessarily a "forever" thing since the king can always allow you to leave the Watch. Of course, you'd have to get the king's ear first, but that may provide you with another goal in the long term. Plus, I thought it was a convenient way of getting all of you into the same party without having to meld everyone's backstories together and explain how they ended up in the same tavern on the same quest... In short, I'm happy to work with you on it either here or by private message.
    The "trying things out" option sounds good. Or maybe he sees an opportunity for proselytizing? Or maybe his religious counselor has suggested something about fire versus the darkness and winter.

Come join us on Discord!

Hello everyone! I look forward to rping with you all.

And as for ending up at the Wall, I am fine with that. I like surprise twists and such. Already have an idea on how my character ended up where she has.

Hello, everyone! Looking forward to a very interesting campaign.

------------
    Usually online 8 a.m. - midnight CST

Page 1 of 35 12311 ... LastLast