Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 269

Thread: Chapter 1.6: Heller's Home

  1. Default Chapter 1.6: Heller's Home

    Each day, the group puts the rising sun at their face, and each evening, the sun sets behind them in the west. The trek from Last Hearth to Karhold takes another fortnight as the group struggles with the hills and forests north of the Last River. Finally, as they crest one such hill, the ruins of Heller's former home come into view.

    The crumbling walls are overgrown with foliage, and its clear nature has taken its toll on the structure in the absence of House Karstark. Unlike their visits to Winterfell and Last Hearth, no horn is sounded, and no riders sprint out to intercept you and weigh your intentions. Even the lands outside the castle are empty. The farmhouses are abandoned, and the fields overgrown. As you come to rest just outside the ruins of Castle Karhold, an eerie feeling hangs heavy like a fog. The horses are restless and fret about. Even Beryl seems uncomfortable, and she lets out a screech to confirm it.

    Last edited by Hideous; 04-02-2019 at 06:34 PM.

  2. #2

    Default

    As they grew closer to Karhold, Tarian started looking for any signs of elves in the area. If any of her people are around, they may be able to provide information about recent activity. Unfortunately, her attention is constantly diverted by Beryl.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollPerception - (1d20+3) [4]
    Last edited by shadowthebard; 04-02-2019 at 05:53 PM.

    ------------
    Usually online 8 a.m. - midnight CST


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Ennis, Texas
    Posts
    1,744

    Default

    "Home," Heller says, without the air of happiness in his voice one would expect to hear with a sentiment like that.

  4. Default

    As if in response, a piece of one of the towers crumbles a little, sending small rocks and debris tumbling down in a cloud of dust. Meanwhile, the horses continue to fret, clearly troubled by the eerie feeling emanating from the abandoned stronghold.

    Although the front gate is closed, the outer wall has crumbled away in various places making entrance into the compound possible. You will have to climb through and over the rubble, however - something the horses cannot do safely.

  5. #5

    Default

    "We should leave the horses here," Tarian states. "Tie 'em off and take all your gear."

    ------------
    Usually online 8 a.m. - midnight CST


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Palmerston North, New Zealand
    Posts
    3,545

    Default

    Olwyn dismounts, leads the horse over to a suitable hitching place (tree/fence) and proceeds to grab his gear as instructed.
    Corn can’t expect justice from a court composed of chickens.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    5,905

    Default Chapter 1.6: Heller's Home

    Ser Edric instructs Wyllem to watch over the horses. “Either we won’t be long and you won’t miss anything, or we’ll be gone a long time and the horses will need looking after. Either way, I need you here. There will be other opportunities to come along and observe.”



    Come join us on Discord!

  8. #8

    Default

    "Ser Edric, do you mind if I leave Beryl with Wyllem?" Tarian asks.

    ------------
    Usually online 8 a.m. - midnight CST


  9. #9

    Default

    Vanya glances warily about the forlorn looking ruins and can't help but to frown at the sight. Though she is quick to dismount and tie her horse to something nearby. Gathering up her own gear she glances at the others before deciding to take point and scout ahead. No telling what lay in wait.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollStealth - (1d20+9) [29]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollPerception - (1d20+5) [13]

  10. Default

    Quiet as a whisper in the wind, Vanya picks her way through the rubble and enters the compound proper. She could tell immediately that something was amiss. There were tracks nearby, leading this way and that - all over really. Some of the tracks were fresh, and others not so much, but even the older ones weren’t that old - not for what was supposed to be an abandoned castle. Someone - or something - was here.

Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •