Page 114 of 146 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 1451

Thread: Chapter 1: It Begins

(OOC: Yeah, if anyone is within charging distance, Grayson will charge after his allies get their surprise attacks in, so distance is pretty important on this one. Looks like we found the boss, my friends. )

Lol yeah I should have clarified. I keep forgetting I have a crazy Paladin here. In the southwest corner is a table, where you will see the bugbear, the wolf, and the drow communicating about whatever it is they are. The unconscious dwarf is on the floor near the table. to the north is a bed, and east is a brazier. They are close enough that you can charge in and be fine. Otherwise the room is pretty barren. Nothing to hide behind or anything like that.

3. Default

Dom enters rage and charges the group, targeting the drow first.

Authentic Forum Dice-rollSurprise Attack with Rogue’s Touch - (2d20+5) (3, 9) [17] for Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (d4+2d6+5) (3) (4, 2) [14]

OOC: Should have advantage on the attack from surprise without having to use reckless attacks. Surprise should also trigger sneak attack damage.

As soon as Dom enters and strikes, Grayson charges in behind him, raising his divinely-channeled blade high. If he can reach the drow, he'll follow up and attack the drow too; if he can't, he'll go for the bugbear.

Authentic Forum Dice-rollAttack - (1d20+9) [18]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d8+6) [12]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDivine Smite Damage if the Attack is a Hit - (2d8) [6]

Jormud mutters, "I travel with psychopaths."

The then moves to the door and fires a bolt at the drow.

OOC:
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollTo Hit - (1d20+5) (2) [7]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d6+3) (6) [9]

yes you will have sneak attack damage and such from the surprised drow. Dom and Grayson's attack find their marks, slashing into the flesh of the Drow woman. Blood dripping from her wounds. Jormud's bolt flies, but whizzes over the Drows shoulder and strikes the wall behind her.

The drow draws her weapon, an odd looking club.

She swings hard at Dom while Crux wields a wild morning star and attempts to bring it down on Grayson. The wolf will dart after Jormud.

The drow makes two attacks, swinging the club wildly at Dom.
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollattack - (1d20+6) [7]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rolldamage - (1d6+4) [5]

Authentic Forum Dice-rollattack - (1d20+6) [19]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rolldamage - (1d6+4) [7]

These are bludgeoning attacks so not sure if you have any resistances up or anything.

King Crux swings his morning star down on Grayson, attempting to relieve the Paladin of the burden of living.
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollattack - (1d20+4) [8]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rolldamage - (2d8+2) [10]

The wolf charges in, teeth showing, ready to take out Jormud. The wolf leaps in, attempting to deal a crushing bite.
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollattack - (1d20+4) [21]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rolldamage - (2d4+2) [7]

If the wolf succeeds in inflicting damage, Jormud must succeed a DC 11 strength save or be knocked prone.

7. Default

OOC: Yes, my rage gives me resistance (half damage) to slashing, piercing and bludgeoning damage so her second attack hit me for 3 damage.

Dom retaliates, quickly sheathing Rogue's Touch and drawing his second magic rapier in one smooth motion interlaced with a pair of reckless slashes designed to put the drow consort down but leaving Dom open to counterattacks.

Authentic Forum Dice-rollReckless Attack 1 - (2d20b1+6) (5, 18) [24] for Authentic Forum Dice-rollSlashing Damage - (d8+6) (8) [14]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollReckless Attack 2 - (2d20b1+6) (10, 9) [16] for Authentic Forum Dice-rollSlashing Damage - (d8+2) (5) [7]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollSneak Attack Damage - (d6) (6) [6]

OOC: Activating Reckless Attack meaning enemies get advantage against Dom until the start of his next turn.

Authentic Forum Dice-rollAttack - (1d20+9) [25]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d8+6) [11]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollSmite Damage, only on a Hit - (2d8) [13]

If the drow still stands, the knight will strike at her first; if she falls, he'll turn to Crux, who'd just struck at him.

Jormud winces as the wolf gets a piece of him, keeping his feet but not for lack of effort on the lupine front.

He grumbles "Just a dog without manners."

He draws his rapier and attempts to impale the beast, using his words to empower the blow.

OOC:
    (Rolled a 14 for str save in the OOC thread)
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollAttack - (1d20+5) (16) [21]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d8+3) (6) [9]
    If it hits, expend a Bardic Inspiration die to use psychic blades for an additional Authentic Forum Dice-roll(2d6) (2, 1) [3] psychic damage.

Ok shit just hit the fan. The drow takes the bladed attacks, but it is the smite damage that does her in. She crumbles, blood pooling from her wounds. As she falls to the ground her form changes and the drow's body is no longer drow. It is that of a doppelganger. Those who know what the creature is would recognize it right away.

Crux continues his assault on the Paladin, his morningstar rising for another blow.

Authentic Forum Dice-rollattack - (1d20+4) [12]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rolldamage - (2d8+2) [5]

The wolf takes the stabs and cuts from Jormud but launches another round of bites, it's maw desiring more flesh.

Authentic Forum Dice-rollattack - (1d20+4) [22]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rolldamage - (2d4+2) [7]