Page 138 of 145 FirstFirst ... 3888128136137138139140 ... LastLast
Results 1,371 to 1,380 of 1442

Thread: Chapter 1: It Begins

1. Default

"It was a needless slaughter," says Dom. "If we had simply backed away, it might have been avoided."

He pauses, then says, "I don't question your morals Grayson. I have accepted your ethics since we first met." Turning to Jormud, he says, "And I have never questioned your judgment... until now. If I am to continue leading this group through the wilderness, you must abide my judgment when it comes to our natural surroundings." He leaves it at that.

Jormud is uncharacteristically quiet in response. He then steps away and keeps watch while Dom dresses the beasts.

Once Dom is done, the party will continue forward. No further encounters trouble them and the cool breeze through the trees is a welcoming feeling. A short while later, the party comes across a cave entrance. Consulting all you have, you know you have found the right place. The entrance tunnel leadsd the party into a large cavern supported by a natural pillar of rock and containing three stalagmites. In the western part of the cave, behind the column of rock, are three bedrolls and a heap of ordinary supplies (sacks of flour, bags of salt, casks of salted meat, lanterns, flasks of lamp oil, pickaxes, shovels, and other gear. Amid the supplies, you see the body of a dwarf miner, dead for at least a week.

The northeastern section of the cavern has collapsed, forming a ten-foot-wide, twenty-foot-deep pit. A sturdy hemp rope is tied off around a nearby stalagmite and dangles down the side of the pit, at the bottom of which is a rough-hewn tunnel heading northwest and east.

Sorry the map is HUGE. but you are in area 1. Here's some ambiance for you guys!

Jormud goes to the dwarf and inspects his remains. He then pulls his lyre off and plays a few of the prayers of eternal resting.

OOC:
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollMedicine - (1d20+3) (18) [21]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollInvestigation - (1d20+7) (15) [22]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollPerformance - (1d20+6) (20) [26]

Grayson lays a hand on Dom's arm when the rogue said his piece.

"I am sorry, my friend. I cannot speak for anyone else, but I will do all I can to not trouble you as such again in the future."

---------

The knight then silently lets his allies examine the body when they arrive at the cave.

Dom inspects the body and discovers a small quarrel is seen in the dead dwarfs side and a very fine edge had slit the poor dwarfs throat.The cut to the Dwarf's throat was so fine indeed that it would be difficult for anyone to discover based on a quick inspection. Jormud discovers the same.

Jormud communicates his findings.

"My guess is that the crossbow wound slowed him down, but it was the cut across his throat that ended him."

8. Default

"May he rest in piece," says Dom. He sheathes his blades and checks the knot on the rope tied to the stalagmite. Drawing Rogue's Touch, he puts the blade between his teeth and begins the descent to the lower level.

Authentic Forum Dice-rollAthletics - (d20+5) (2) [7]

OOC: Gonna have to level up Dom to 4 tomorrow.

What investigating, apart from discerning cause of death does Jormud do? I will advance us further when everyone has had a chance to update their levels.