Page 13 of 183 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 1: It Begins

Quote Originally Posted by Hideous View Post
    I think we are waiting for Drav to attack. Does Jormud not have any ranged attacks available?
    (Everything I've got has an optimal range of 30 feet or less. I think at least one of my spells may be ranged better, but I'm trying to hold onto the slot. I'd considered using a Bardic Inspiration on someone. SO I wasn't joining in the suprise attack, because I didn't want to risk said surprise by bursting into sight. He'll close and attack when regular combat ensues.)

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by LordFluffy View Post
    (Everything I've got has an optimal range of 30 feet or less. I think at least one of my spells may be ranged better, but I'm trying to hold onto the slot. I'd considered using a Bardic Inspiration on someone. SO I wasn't joining in the suprise attack, because I didn't want to risk said surprise by bursting into sight. He'll close and attack when regular combat ensues.)
    Your hand crossbow has a max range of 120 feet. Normally attacking from beyond 30 feet imposes disadvantage, but because we are hidden and surprising the goblins, you get advantage on your attack which ultimately cancels out so you would just roll 1d20+5 to do 1d6+3 damage.

Alternatively, vicious mockery has a range of 60 feet and deals 1d4 damage. Since its a cantrip, you can cast it at will and you won't lose any level one spell slots.
    Last edited by Hideous; 12-03-2018 at 10:09 PM.

Jormud, as if an afterthought, fires the small crossbow he carries at the remaining goblin. He curses as the shot goes wide and he rapidly tries to reload.

OOC: Posting this here because I got my forums mixed up and posted an IC action in the OOC thread. I'm assuming an 8 misses

Ok haven't heard from our dwarf friend so I am going to place him on auto pilot. He, being the druid he is, finds a lone deer and veers off from the party and is communicating with it. He has no idea what is happening. The goblin sees two arrows fly by him and he looks to your direction. He lets out a cry of intruders and charges at the party. SInce your initiatives were higher, party goes first!!! Let the battle commence!

Jormud dashes forward and towards the stone, trying to move around to the creature's left. When he's 30' from the goblin, he fires another bolt.

Action:
    Move: 20'
    Action: Attack
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollAttack - (1d20+5) (19) [24]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d6+3) (2) [5]
    Reaction: Attack of Opportunity
    Bonus: None

The bolt soars through and punches right through the goblin who continues the charge with a hole in his chest. He is slowing however....

Dariana shifts slightly to reach her hand, still wreathed in eldritch energy, toward the remaining goblin. "Die screaming, wretch," she says, with an eerie calm as another lance of energy leaps from her fingertips.

Authentic Forum Dice-rollEldritch Blast - (1d20+6) (18) [24]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d10) (2) [2]
    "I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you." - Malcolm Reynolds

and that does just the right amount of damage to destroy the goblin in his steps. he falls over without even reaching the party. his body smoking with the damage from the blast. No other goblins exit the cave. you are unsure if they heard their companion shout to them or not, but you do not hear anything, nor see anything coming from the cave entrance.