Page 11 of 180 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 1: It Begins

"I suppose we must leave something behind, whether that be the goods that earn us payment or, potentially, the source of our payment," Dariana muses as she absent-mindedly pokes at the area where the arrow struck her earlier. "Either way, I suppose we're not getting paid without tromping through the forest. Let's hide this thing and be on our way." She scratches at her side, her lips turning in a mildly frustrated frown. She moves toward Jormud, obviously upset, making a show of scratching her previously wounded side as she comes to stand before him. "Not that I would complain about not being deceased, but is healing magic supposed to itch? Because it itches." She places a hand on Jormud's shoulder and points to the affected area with her other hand, "Right there. Just dull enough to be obnoxious."

Dariana clears her throat, eyeing her dwarvish comrade. "What do you say, o dweller in the dells? Are you up for a bit more inane adventure?" She busies herself with checking that no goblins managed to make off with anything from the wagon while the group was otherwise occupied with killing their cohorts.
    Last edited by HandsOfBlue; 12-01-2018 at 03:29 AM. Reason: Posted while tired and unable to grammar.
    "I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you." - Malcolm Reynolds

I am going to advance us forward:

The party ties up the horses and hides the wagon. You begin marching through the path heading toward the hideout of the Goblins. I will need a marching order.

3. Default

Drav nods his assent absently, absorbed in the loss of the two dead horses. It was so terribly sad when innocent lives are lost. He casts about despondently until he remembers, after a careful prod from Clip, that they had their own horses to protect. He walks over to them and helps guide them to a more hidden place. He whispers soothing words in Druid to the beasts, giving them his blessing and thanking them for their efforts this day. Before heading back to the group, he scratches a few symbols on nearby bushes and takes a moment to spit on the dusty path, grinding his water in with the earth.

Should be safe 'ere lads he says to the horses before rejoining the group.

So, anyone else itchin' to revenge these poor beasties?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Mar'ro- The Unquiet Lands
    Dwemmek Dwerrowfade - World of Chaldera
    Softhands - Curse of the Crimson Throne
    Fin "Cur" Forestson - Beyond Drachenward
    Qadan Yul - Arcanis

As they get underway, Jormud replies to Dariana, "It's been my experience that everyone's reaction is a bit different. But I'm sure we'll have more basis for comparison as time goes on. Let me check the spot."

He then puts away his lyre, draws his crossbow once more, loads it, and keeps his eyes and ears out for danger.

OOC: I'd like to stay in the middle. My perception's not that good and I do better at range for now.

5. Default

“Aye,” says Dom. “But I’m more concerned with the captured rather than the slain. Let us not double the deed by being careless.”

He draws another arrow arrow and leads the way, slowly and quietly following the tracks.

Dariana follows behind Dom and Jormud, eyes darting back and forth as she goes, watching for sneaky goblins.
    "I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you." - Malcolm Reynolds

I’m going to need two survival checks from Dom

8. Default

Authentic Forum Dice-rollSurv w/ Adv? - (2d20+5) (19, 15) [39]

Authentic Forum Dice-rollSurv w/ Adv? - (2d20+5) (20, 10) [35]

OOC: I’m assuming someone can assist me so I rolled with advantage. If that’s not the case, ignore the second rolls.

Edit: Oops! Forgot the “b1” modifier. Even without advantage the two rolls come out to 24 and 25.
    Last edited by Hideous; 12-01-2018 at 02:14 PM.

9. Default

Drav relaxes, ironically, as they push into the wilderness tracking the goblins. This was his element, and apparently Dom's, too. The big brute could handle the work if he wanted, Drav thinks as he follows along, admiring the man's skill and ease in the forest. Even relaxed, Drav has his awareness on him, tuned to the slightest shift of shadow or change in sound in the surrounding forest.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Mar'ro- The Unquiet Lands
    Dwemmek Dwerrowfade - World of Chaldera
    Softhands - Curse of the Crimson Throne
    Fin "Cur" Forestson - Beyond Drachenward
    Qadan Yul - Arcanis

Page 11 of 180 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast