Page 146 of 147 FirstFirst ... 4696136144145146147 LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,460 of 1470

Thread: Chapter 1: It Begins

Jormud slings the bow and helps Dom when it looks as if the door is giving him trouble.

OOC:
    Help action: Authentic Forum Dice-roll(1d20) [11]

"Whipper-snappers," Grayson grunts as he rubs his aching shoulder.

Ok I am going to have to rewind a bit. Read the module bit wrong slightly. lol. it happens. so Grayson will take no damage and the door is able to open quite easily.

Old stone bunks line the walls of this barracks, which is lit and heated by a glowing iron brazier in the middle of the room. Across the room is another door, this one blocked by a barricade made from the remains of a wooden table.

There are 5 bugbears inside this chamber. Due to my messing up and making you roll extra stuff you didn't need, I am going to say they have not taken notice of you lot and you are free to either back out of the room, or charge in for battle. the choice is yours!

4. Default

Bugbears = evil. Grayson = paladin. Bugbears + Grayson = fight.

Authentic Forum Dice-rollInitiative - (d20+3) (12) [15]

I assume we get a surprise action if we attack now, before they notice us?

yes you will get surprise action.
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollinitiative - (1d20+2) [5]

Party will go first. so give me your surprise round, and then your round 1 attacks. I will say the room is small. maybe 20 feet away are the bugbears, so easily chargeable. i will throw together a quick map for you lot. the room is wide enough for three people to stand shoulder to shoulder. so you have three in a front row in a semi circle, with two behind them. You can see they are all equipped with morning stars and javelins.
    Last edited by Sleepius; 11-25-2019 at 04:21 PM.

Grayson charges in to battle, calling upon his god Bahamut as he does so, infusing his blade with surging holy light. He strikes the nearest foe he can find.

Authentic Forum Dice-rollSurprise attack - (1d20+10) [13]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d8+6) [14]

Authentic Forum Dice-rollRegular attack - (1d20+10) [24]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d8+6) [13]

As soon as Grayson makes an opening, Jormud fires an arrow at one of the bugbears, aiming for a fresh one.

OOC:
    Surprise:
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollAttack - (1d20+8) (18) [26]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollPiercing - (1d8+4) (8) [12]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollFire - (1d8) (3) [3]

Round 1:
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollAttack - (1d20+8) (15) [23]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollPiercing - (1d8+4) (4) [8]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollFire - (1d8) (4) [4]

Sorry meant to post this wednesday. super roughed out map, mainly just to show positioning. Blue is Grayson, red is Dom, and green is Jormud. Black is enemies.

9. Default

AC: 17 - HP 43/43

Dom advances until he's shoulder to shoulder with Grayson and attacks the nearest bugbear as he flies into a battle rage. His comrades had seen him like this before, but this time something was different. Dom's eyes were ablaze with divine fury as he channeled the oldest forces of nature to lash out against the bugbears.

Surprise Round:
    Bonus Action: Enter Rage
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollSurprise Attack - (2d20+6) (8, 11) [25] for Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (d8+6) (7) [13] ATTACK ROLL SHOULD BE 17 - IF HIT, DAMAGE IS 18...
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollSneak Attack Damage - (d6) (1) [1]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDivine Fury Damage - (d6) (4) [4]

OOC: Surprise attacks should be made with advantage...

Round 1:
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollReckless Attack 1 - (2d20+6) (11, 12) [29] for Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (d8+6) (1) [7] ATTACK ROLL SHOULD BE 18, IF HIT, DAMAGE IS 17
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollReckless Attack 2 - (2d20+6) (4, 12) [22] for Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (d8+4) (2) [6] ATTACK ROLL SHOULD BE 18
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollSneak Attack Damage - (d6) (4) [4]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDivine Fury Damage - (d6) (6) [6]

OOC 2: Since Dom attacked recklessly, the bugbears have advantage on their attacks against him. He is also raging so he has damage resistance.

EDIT: Sorry, I've been away too long. I forgot the b1 modifier so its adding my attack rolls together instead of taking the higher one.
    Last edited by Hideous; 12-03-2019 at 01:03 AM.

Alright, time to unpack these ghastly attacks! and the ghastly goes to the wounds these bugbears have now suffered! So I am going to assume Dom will attack the one next to the one Grayson attacked. If not, please let me know and I will adjust the damage. As the surprise attacks are made with advantage, I just need Grayson to re roll the 13 as that attack missed. All other attacks hit!

Grayson charges in and his first strike does not do much of anything as it glances off the natural armor of the Bugbear. However, the second strike finds its mark, cutting a deep gash in the bugbear's flesh. Jormud lets loose his arrows, both finding their mark and sending an unwanted chill as the cold damage seeps into its veins. Alas, it is too much for the bugbear to handle as one has frozen its heart, dropping it to the ground lifeless. Dom swings in with an unseen fury, blades moving in a dance of death. And death was surely delivered, in an overkill fashion. The body fell to Dom's second attack, but the relentless barbarian wanted to ensure nothing would be left of the body as that last attack obliterated the bugbear.

BB1: -13 (pending Grayson re roll)
    BB2: Dead (Dom's kill)
    BB3: Dead (Jormud's Kill)
    BB4:-0
    BB5:-0

rolling out the attacks now but may change pending Grayson's roll.

Bugbear 1 will swing his morningstar at Grayson.
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollBB1 attack - (1d20+4) (13) [17]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rolldamage - (2d8+2) (5, 8) [15]

Bugbear 4 charges in on Dom and will attack with his morningstar (piercing damage)
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollBB4 attack - (2d20b1+4) (4, 16) [20]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rolldamage - (2d8+2) (5, 3) [10]

Bugbear 5 charges in but is currently blocked by the two from getting his attack in, but if BB1 dies from Grayson re roll he will attack grayson
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollBB5 attack - (1d20+4) [23]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rolldamage - (2d8+2) [12]