Page 40 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3038394041 LastLast

Thread: Ooc

Thank you, sir! And thank you for sticking with us, Sleep. The truth is, games don't die because of players usually; they die from GMs leaving. We appreciate all your effort in making a story for us.

Now, I'm not trying to be greedy here, but did you mean my guy's sword gains a full 1d8 extra damage or did you mean (and this is how I assumed you meant it) that the normal 1d8 damage the sword does is now to be considered holy damage?

Beyond that, let's get some HP: Authentic Forum Dice-rollHP - (1d10+2) [10]

And I'll be taking that extra point you offered, Sleep, as Dexterity, bringing my guy up to a nice even ten. He's not as creaky in the knees as he was when he met this merry band of adventurers. haha

Finally, I will indeed take that Blade Master feat as outlined above. Sheet should be all set momentarily!

And for what it's worth, the thing that makes this feat worth it is the steady use of Reaction as a 1 AC boost. So while my guy's AC is 19, it's really 20 as long as he's holding his sword. Therefore, unless he's unarmed, I'd like to just declare that Grayson will always be using his reaction to boost his AC unless otherwise stated.
    Last edited by Ra-thalun; 10-26-2019 at 02:28 PM.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-thalun View Post
    And for what it's worth, the thing that makes this feat worth it is the steady use of Reaction as a 1 AC boost. So while my guy's AC is 19, it's really 20 as long as he's holding his sword. Therefore, unless he's unarmed, I'd like to just declare that Grayson will always be using his reaction to boost his AC unless otherwise stated.
    Im sure you understand this, but using your reaction to buff your AC means you are foregoing making an opportunity attack that turn.

Right, but those are rare. That's why I figure the default is AC, unless something cooler comes along.

My apologies. Yes your sword now does holy damage. Not additional 1d8. The magical abilities of the sword have now taken on holy properties bestowed upon it by your use. While before it dealt simply a 1d8 damage, in your hands it now deals holy damage. More for flavor, but could come in handy in the campaign . I should also add, that means the "torch" effect your sword had still is there, but it is now of holy light. So if there are any creatures that have an aversion to holy light, they would certainly fear just the look of your sword when it is glowing.

Nice! Thanks bud!

No problem man! I will put you on auto pilot with stealth and perception checks but will stop if you lot are about to fight or get into something. Have a fun trip!

Friends, it's nearly Thanksgiving here in the States and that means I'll be mostly offline for a stretch this week. I'll be able to post today and likely tomorrow, but then I won't be back online until the end of the weekend or next Monday at the latest. Feel free to move my PC along until then!

Before I go, though, I wanted to throw this out to the group: should we charge in or let them come to us? We could bottle-neck them at this doorway, assuming that they aren't all armed with ranged weapons. Thoughts? I'm good with either.

If you all have to roll for Grayson, he'll channel his Charisma into his blade for an attack bonus. On a normal attack, he'll then roll at +10, with damage at 1d8+6. Here's his sheet if you need it: https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=79272

I'd say to just remember that there's a guy with a bow behind you.

Happy thanksgiving everyone!

Page 40 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3038394041 LastLast