Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 40 OOC

so let's retrace our steps back to the secret passages to where we started this particular leg of our journey. We'll go around that little corner searching for traps and secret passages and see if we find some new clue.
    Could the secret passage exist as a place to rest? It is clear the genie is treating this a contest. There are unwritten rules, we need to figure them out.

is the mist still visible... ie does it appear as though there is a mist-form creature in that room?

My thought are - its either an Elemental of some description..... or ..... possibly an anti-magic field? I was going to see if someone could fling a cantrip ranged spell into that room, and see if it "mists" away, or hits something.
    Never argue with a Dragon, for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup

3. Default Chapter 40 OOC

Quote Originally Posted by Scymon View Post
    is the mist still visible... ie does it appear as though there is a mist-form creature in that room?

My thought are - its either an Elemental of some description..... or ..... possibly an anti-magic field? I was going to see if someone could fling a cantrip ranged spell into that room, and see if it "mists" away, or hits something.
    No mist creature present

lol don't worry ... I know its 10th level before I can get a 4th cantrip... but its still nice to have a random thought on occasion.

Ok I think we are all getting confused thanks to the back and forth.

I believe we are probably standing around the secret passage mark in the Vertical Corridor. (maybe near the lower of the two doors on the right)

We approached this area initially from the bottom of the vertical... and one of the traps in that first (lower) door alcove was the one triggered by the Boulder..... which means that the hallway further South (where we came from) is the bit that dropped out. This effectively forced us to either take a door, or proceed along the way.

We elected to avoid the U bend and take the secret passage to the west.... but that didn't get us far.

So I believe we are now wanting Ivar to check out the U bend for traps.... (and someone else to check that same bend for another possible secret door)

Also meanwhile the first door (lower one) has been attempted to be opened via mage hand and was found to be locked.

Can we please get an updated map which shows which one of the 4 Xs in front of that door is now no longer trapped/or can Ivar check it to see if its rearmed.... if its not rearmed its a possible safe spot to stand to attempt to unlock the door.

Also can Ivar tell if the door is then locked by Arcane/Magic or by a physical lock (key lock/bar lock etc).

If its a physical Key lock he can attempt to unlock it.... if its a magical one... would Dispel Magic unlock it?

First off, I love the maps, Jim. They are really nice.

The only downside is not being able to see them all together for some reason. If we could, it might help us decipher things.

It sounds like we're at a dead end right now (no unexplored places to go without triggering traps).

South is "gone". North east are the 2 doors. West leads to the room where we're going to have to take a "leap of faith" or disarm/trigger a trap.

I would either vote on disarming a trap or using something like a backpack on a rope to see what happens on a square beyond the one that we're trying to step on. We can always augury about jumping over a trap.

7. Default

I'll get an updated map out today. Just got back from a long weekend in Vermont visiting my wife's family at a surprise birthday party for my mother in-laws 70th birthday.

that's great. I used to visit St. Albans frequently. I haven't been back there since I was in grad school though.

Quote Originally Posted by Luopo View Post
    I'll get an updated map out today. Just got back from a long weekend in Vermont visiting my wife's family at a surprise birthday party for my mother in-laws 70th birthday.
    Oh awesome.... a belated Happy B'day to the Septuagenarian

10. Default

will have a map later today... still jetlagged

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast