Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Chapter 40 OOC

Heh. I'm old school enough to remember D&D where your character was expected to die and did, where everyone brought a 10' pole to help check for traps and where we tied ropes to door and pulled them open at a distance. You replaced your character with a spare that happened to be a prisoner in the dungeon.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkady View Post
    Heh. I'm old school enough to remember D&D where your character was expected to die and did, where everyone brought a 10' pole to help check for traps and where we tied ropes to door and pulled them open at a distance. You replaced your character with a spare that happened to be a prisoner in the dungeon.
    First edition was freaking deadly.

Some of the old first edition modules as written are... insane. I'm surprised they are playable. Death, death, and more death. After we played through a "watered down" variant of a 1st edition module, (for fun) I had my players replay it where they knew what would happen. No watered down version. They wiped shortly into it, even knowing what was going to happen.

3. Default

SO hildegard is putting the stone block on top of her shield that is resting on an untriggered trap? Which trap?

Althir watched with fascination. The arcane world made more sense than this mechanical world.

Quote Originally Posted by Luopo View Post
    SO hildegard is putting the stone block on top of her shield that is resting on an untriggered trap? Which trap?
    I will be very specific about where she places a rock if she actually does it. Right now all she has done is attempted to pick up the rock to bring it to the threshold. She is announcing her intentions for feedback from the party. They may have better ideas.

6. Default

I think it is a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkady;[URL="tel:1237655"
    1237655[/URL]]I will be very specific about where she places a rock if she actually does it. Right now all she has done is attempted to pick up the rock to bring it to the threshold. She is announcing her intentions for feedback from the party. They may have better ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Spellblade View Post
    I think it is a good idea.
    I'll try whatever. We have to take a chance somewhere. We're blocked in otherwise.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011