Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 2: Busybodies, Idle Hands

Blog Entries

Til respectfully acquiesces, impressed by the ease with which she seems to keep track of everyone around her. So he is in presence of one of his betters, and just as it is the case with Oberon, this is quite literal.

Deciding some things take precedence, and she's not needed right now, Thoja'nnom leans aside to Hyberion. "Should come with Thoja, meet family. Can make room for one to stay in city so there is no need to appeal for apartment or such." Because if her official scouting report is really needed in the face of everything the group has to say to anyone important, they can send for her.
    "A good speech should be like a woman's skirt: Long enough to cover the subject but short enough to keep people interested." -Winston Churchill

The very Prettiest Orc avatar done by the talented Letty Wilson.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcazar QZR View Post
    Til respectfully acquiesces, impressed by the ease with which she seems to keep track of everyone around her. So he is in presence of one of his betters, and just as it is the case with Oberon, this is quite literal.
    A wildwoman with grey hair and eyes weary and experienced from years of teaching steps close to Til, addressing the rest of you. "Excuse me for interrupting, but if you're all finished, I intend to speak with my husband. I need to give him news from our home, and speak to him about repaying the wizard who made the magical quiver he has purchased. I have collected it on his behalf." Despite her ash-colored hair, she does not actually seem old for a wildwoman, just somewhat world-weary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Theprettiestorc View Post
    Deciding some things take precedence, and she's not needed right now, Thoja'nnom leans aside to Hyberion. "Should come with Thoja, meet family. Can make room for one to stay in city so there is no need to appeal for apartment or such." Because if her official scouting report is really needed in the face of everything the group has to say to anyone important, they can send for her.
    The acrobats are aghast to hear that so many circus members have up and vanished, but step aside and discuss whether they should offer to temporarily replace the acrobat family to prevent Titania from becoming too bored. Ultimately, they decide against it, figuring it would be tasteless to ask Barov and the others to perform so recently after being kidnapped. This home is plush to sleep in, if cramped for space and slightly too warm as a result.

To Hyberion, the lemming and berry soup with willow crackers is basic, but more than enough for an adventurer's palate, and far more than the average wildman might be expected to hunt for himself. While self-sustenance and making more of less is an important part of the ethos of the wildman, in practice it's often simply easier to take gifted meals or pay for food made by city-dwellers, especially when the food is rich.

Broghar, you manage to find such a temple as corresponds to the holy symbol after a bit of searching. The priestesses, who wear conservative, grass-green robes with long sleeves, are extremely thankful for the jade flower's return and ask you what can be done as reimbursement. They have one woman who is able to cast up to 5th-level cleric spells on staff, but are willing to otherwise hear a specific request or reward you with money. They are relatively few in number, having come from another world altogether to find new home in the Feywild.

Veta, you may search out any magical item you wish in this city, but the Cloak of Arachnida, Ring of Mind Shielding (with or without soul already present), and Bag of Holding can all be found with relative ease. The second is outrageously expensive, however, and the others don't exactly come cheap. Some djinni are nearby, haggling prices over unusual magical items, including a strange bowl with two lips on it. Once per day, when non-magical water is poured into the bowl, one lip pours out a Potion of Greater Healing, while the other pours out a Potion of Poison, but there doesn't seem to be any way to tell which one is which without magic. If one potion is used, the other becomes inert.

Solen, the armormaker is glad to have the shoddy armor and the feedback on it back, and even gladder to hear that you're wishing to request Adamantine armor. You'll be able to get it, and it won't be as expensive as a Bag of Holding, but it will take a good piece out of your lifestyle.
    Last edited by DarkisnotEvil; 09-27-2018 at 09:29 AM.

Sadiyah
    :
    Investigator 3- Athelos Rising

Quote Originally Posted by DarkisnotEvil View Post
    Veta, you may search out any magical item you wish in this city, but the Cloak of Arachnida, Ring of Mind Shielding (with or without soul already present), and Bag of Holding can all be found with relative ease. The second is outrageously expensive, however, and the others don't exactly come cheap. Some djinni are nearby, haggling prices over unusual magical items, including a strange bowl with two lips on it. Once per day, when non-magical water is poured into the bowl, one lip pours out a Potion of Greater Healing, while the other pours out a Potion of Poison, but there doesn't seem to be any way to tell which one is which without magic. If one potion is used, the other becomes inert.
    Veta is not interested in the lip bowl. Can she get the cloak and bag without a hit to her lifestyle?

Come join us on Discord!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DarkisnotEvil View Post
    A wildwoman with grey hair and eyes weary and experienced from years of teaching steps close to Til, addressing the rest of you. "Excuse me for interrupting, but if you're all finished, I intend to speak with my husband. I need to give him news from our home, and speak to him about repaying the wizard who made the magical quiver he has purchased. I have collected it on his behalf." Despite her ash-colored hair, she does not actually seem old for a wildwoman, just somewhat world-weary.
    That voice! The hunter turns to see her. There's something about her face at rest. Jaded, but still hungry. Bitter, but there's still some hope. All her smiles are real. Her hands, her hair... She burns him like ice.
    "My wife." He acknowledges her presence. "Let's speak of it where we may not disturb." He follows the proper etiquette to leave the queen's presence, the palace, and will only speak to her once they have privacy.
    Last edited by Alcazar QZR; 09-30-2018 at 06:49 AM.

Either way, after niceties and some tickling of the little baby Tabaxi, Thoja'nnom absconds for a long bath. She finally comes down halfway through dinner, refreshed, and invites Hyberion to go up and clean while she does a bit of shopping.
    "A good speech should be like a woman's skirt: Long enough to cover the subject but short enough to keep people interested." -Winston Churchill

The very Prettiest Orc avatar done by the talented Letty Wilson.

Hyberion gapes by Thoja'nnom's hospitality. He sheepishly accepts the invitation, ever so grateful for her kindness. He missed his own home, but he found solace in spending some time with his teammate. In his spare time he merely idled around, socializing with some of her family members. So much had happened, and at the same time, Hyberion felt like he had much to catch up on. Once he's tasked once more, Hyberion hoped to be in better form to support his team and uncover what was happening around him.

Blog Entries

Broghar asks for money in exchange for the jade flower. Then he proceeds to visit the wizard who supplied him with the mirror and hands him the spellbook he found. "As I promised. I already copied everything from it, so you may keep it."

Solen happily invests in the adamantine plate. He makes sure that they will use plenty of metal this time to withstand a blow from a giant. The rest of his share of the spoils he puts into savings. One of the ways that he may better serve the Summer Court is to ensure that he does not embarrass his queen and that requires ensuring that he has means.

(Buying Adamantine Plate - 1500 plate +500 adamantine and then saving enough to move up from modest to comfortable lifestyle - 2000)

Quote Originally Posted by Rellott View Post
    Veta is not interested in the lip bowl. Can she get the cloak and bag without a hit to her lifestyle?
    A proud djinni metaphorically stands in the way of getting you these items at a discount. He gives a hearty laugh as you initiate haggling.
    "I've heard a lot of self-aggrandizement in my time- mostly from other djinns, but there are several particularly proud fey and mortals as well. However, I am still willing to hear of your exploits... Should I find your cause and past honorable and exciting, I will consider reducing the price so to hear further glories accomplished via my wares on the wind."
    He invites you to weave a tale of your journey or something exciting you have accomplished such that he should find you notable. He does not seem to recognize your true identity as a servant of a Fields Queen, or your parentage.
    "Humor me, devil, and I will humor you. The better the tale, the better the discount."

You may make a Charisma check in tune with the type of story (Performance), method of boasting (Intimidation), or argument (Persuasion) you are attempting to give. I will give you circumstantial modifiers as needed if the statement particularly appeals to or offends the djinni.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcazar QZR View Post
    That voice! The hunter turns to see her. There's something about her face at rest. Jaded, but still hungry. Bitter, but there's still some hope. All her smiles are real. Her hands, her hair... She burns him like ice.
    "My wife." He acknowledges her presence. "Let's speak of it where we may not disturb." He follows the proper etiquette to leave the queen's presence, the palace, and will only speak to her once they have privacy.
    In the privacy of a rented in room, she is much happier to see him than to see his compatriots, and embraces Til happily. "It's been far too long. How fare you? Most of the tribe remains at relative ease- as much as can be expected given our home, in any case." She becomes quiet, before saying, "The wizard seemed to know of what ails me- he claims he suffers from a different strain of the same malady, inherited as mine is. He managed to outwit it... through a method unknown to most. To be frank, his words unnerve me somewhat."
    Quote Originally Posted by Theprettiestorc View Post
    Either way, after niceties and some tickling of the little baby Tabaxi, Thoja'nnom absconds for a long bath. She finally comes down halfway through dinner, refreshed, and invites Hyberion to go up and clean while she does a bit of shopping.
    The open market is free to you. Sketchy sneaks and high-end dealers, from all walks of life. A man walks by completely concealed by a pitch-black cowl. Everyone gives him a wide berth, as if he were Death himself. A woman offers to sell you 'potions' from a wooden box, her sleep-deprived eyes darting around the market and keeping an eye out for guards. You see a powerfully-built female human hustling through the market with a tower shield strapped to her back, chasing a blonde woman who is much shorter than her. The giant redhead shoves people out of her way, while her target of pursuit prefers to duck and weave.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fighter View Post
    Hyberion gapes by Thoja'nnom's hospitality. He sheepishly accepts the invitation, ever so grateful for her kindness. He missed his own home, but he found solace in spending some time with his teammate. In his spare time he merely idled around, socializing with some of her family members. So much had happened, and at the same time, Hyberion felt like he had much to catch up on. Once he's tasked once more, Hyberion hoped to be in better form to support his team and uncover what was happening around him.
    The acrobats are nice, but a little unsure of how to accommodate wildman culture. Ultimately, they give up and just treat you like a Tabaxi. You are treated to the same market scene, and a few men take you for an easy mark. You're offered a deed to a bridge at a severe discount.
    Quote Originally Posted by Berenion View Post
    Broghar asks for money in exchange for the jade flower. Then he proceeds to visit the wizard who supplied him with the mirror and hands him the spellbook he found. "As I promised. I already copied everything from it, so you may keep it."
    They reward you with 1500 gp in all sorts of copper and gems, which is nearly all that they have moneywise. However, they consider it a good trade, as the magical item is handled best by the priestesses and grants additional powers to their own. You can tell that they are happy to have a prized (literal) gem of their faith restored to them.

"Excellent," the wizard says, inspecting the book with a nod and tucking it away into his vast shelves of similar tomes. "It's good doing business with someone reliable. Too many flippant customers, I say. You may copy from my library at the regular rate, of course."
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthan View Post
    Solen happily invests in the adamantine plate. He makes sure that they will use plenty of metal this time to withstand a blow from a giant. The rest of his share of the spoils he puts into savings. One of the ways that he may better serve the Summer Court is to ensure that he does not embarrass his queen and that requires ensuring that he has means.

(Buying Adamantine Plate - 1500 plate +500 adamantine and then saving enough to move up from modest to comfortable lifestyle - 2000)
    Adamantine is rare- plate, even more so. You find an elaborate but functional display set in the home of a noble lord and eventually manage to negotiate it out of his storage after he convinces himself that he'd prefer an animated painting to armor he never uses. You're able to dust it off, un-corrupted as it is by the ages. With a nice shine and polish, it'll look as well as it did when it was first forged. It has decorative etchings, but is otherwise unscratched.
    Last edited by DarkisnotEvil; 10-02-2018 at 07:24 AM.

Sadiyah
    :
    Investigator 3- Athelos Rising

Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast