Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 2: Busybodies, Idle Hands

Default Chapter 2: Busybodies, Idle Hands

Quote Originally Posted by DarkisnotEvil View Post
    A proud djinni metaphorically stands in the way of getting you these items at a discount. He gives a hearty laugh as you initiate haggling.
    "I've heard a lot of self-aggrandizement in my time- mostly from other djinns, but there are several particularly proud fey and mortals as well. However, I am still willing to hear of your exploits... Should I find your cause and past honorable and exciting, I will consider reducing the price so to hear further glories accomplished via my wares on the wind."
    He invites you to weave a tale of your journey or something exciting you have accomplished such that he should find you notable. He does not seem to recognize your true identity as a servant of a Fields Queen, or your parentage.
    "Humor me, devil, and I will humor you. The better the tale, the better the discount."

You may make a Charisma check in tune with the type of story (Performance), method of boasting (Intimidation), or argument (Persuasion) you are attempting to give. I will give you circumstantial modifiers as needed if the statement particularly appeals to or offends the djinni.
    Veta eyes the djinn in frustration. ďAs daughter of the Winter Courtís steward, I have been trained since birth to fight and to lead in battle. I have been taught the ways of tactics, trickery, power, and service. As courtier to Queen Tik-Tik of the Greystripe Hive I formulated plans for her armies to not merely defend against the incursions of the foul giants that dwell in the darkness, but to strike at them in their homes so that they fear the sting of the bee people - the sting of my sword. As a result of my upbringing and service, I have been chosen to aid this realm against the fomorian threat, and just yesterday returned from their seat of power, where my men and I dealt a significant blow to their plans and thumbed our noses at their demigod of a king. While we were there, we rescued one of your kind - perhaps youíve heard of Emir Dahbui of the Raging Skies? He owes us a debt of gratitude for his rescue. You want stories? I have many to tell, but I think that it should be you paying me for the privilege of hearing them rather than me using them as a pittance for bartering with.Ē

((Not sure what that would be. You said intimidation for bragging so Iím assuming that. And if she used her Noble Renown, she gets advantage on it. Iíll roll 2 d20s and list my mods and you can apply as needed.)
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(1d20) [10]
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(1d20) [6]
    Intimidate or performance are +2.
    Persuasion is +7.

Come join us on Discord!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DarkisnotEvil View Post
    In the privacy of a rented in room, she is much happier to see him than to see his compatriots, and embraces Til happily. "It's been far too long. How fare you? Most of the tribe remains at relative ease- as much as can be expected given our home, in any case." She becomes quiet, before saying, "The wizard seemed to know of what ails me- he claims he suffers from a different strain of the same malady, inherited as mine is. He managed to outwit it... through a method unknown to most. To be frank, his words unnerve me somewhat."
    One of his arms wraps around her waist and his free hand runs his fingers through her hair. He is inspecting her too. Does she look healthy? Strong? Has she been eating properly? Is she--? "Let's see him, then. He probably wants something from us. Will you take the risk? You owe nothing to the community, not as a teacher. Barren minds can be worse than a barren womb. You make our little ones' minds and bodies ready. You owe nothing to me as a wife, either. Your body. Your call. I'd say your body is good as it is, though. Let me show you."

(Time skip)

"Grey. You came here for another reason. What does the court want from us now?"

Quote Originally Posted by Rellott View Post
    Veta eyes the djinn in frustration. “As daughter of the Winter Court’s steward, I have been trained since birth to fight and to lead in battle. I have been taught the ways of tactics, trickery, power, and service. As courtier to Queen Tik-Tik of the Greystripe Hive I formulated plans for her armies to not merely defend against the incursions of the foul giants that dwell in the darkness, but to strike at them in their homes so that they fear the sting of the bee people - the sting of my sword. As a result of my upbringing and service, I have been chosen to aid this realm against the fomorian threat, and just yesterday returned from their seat of power, where my men and I dealt a significant blow to their plans and thumbed our noses at their demigod of a king. While we were there, we rescued one of your kind - perhaps you’ve heard of Emir Dahbui of the Raging Skies? He owes us a debt of gratitude for his rescue. You want stories? I have many to tell, but I think that it should be you paying me for the privilege of hearing them rather than me using them as a pittance for bartering with.”

((Not sure what that would be. You said intimidation for bragging so I’m assuming that. And if she used her Noble Renown, she gets advantage on it. I’ll roll 2 d20s and list my mods and you can apply as needed.)
    [roll0]
    [roll1]
    Intimidate or performance are +2.
    Persuasion is +7.
    The genie becomes quiet upon realizing that you are being genuine in your statement of the Emir. "So you have indeed met Dahbui. He is of significant rank among the djinni indeed, which is why I am surprised he did not offer you the payment for your works then and there. But if he was held for so long, it is somewhat understandable of him to resent the idea of servitude." The djinni hovers in place a bit and picks cherries from a bowl, absentmindedly juggling them with his off hand. "However, djinni are what you would call 'enlightened', or perhaps 'chivalrous'- we have an understanding of debt-repayment and hospitality that is similar to that of devils. You shall have your wares at the price of six thousand gold pieces- I shall take the remainder from the Emir, as his honor will require it."
    Is this sufficient for Veta?
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcazar QZR View Post
    One of his arms wraps around her waist and his free hand runs his fingers through her hair. He is inspecting her too. Does she look healthy? Strong? Has she been eating properly? Is she--? "Let's see him, then. He probably wants something from us. Will you take the risk? You owe nothing to the community, not as a teacher. Barren minds can be worse than a barren womb. You make our little ones' minds and bodies ready. You owe nothing to me as a wife, either. Your body. Your call. I'd say your body is good as it is, though. Let me show you."

(Time skip)

"Grey. You came here for another reason. What does the court want from us now?"
    She is perfectly healthy, and quietly enjoys the compliments. With regards to the Green Court, she bears words of warning. "The giants of the Broken Teeth region have been receiving Formorian envoys. So far they have refused, but the Green Lord does not seem certain that they will continue to do so. If ever they are offered control of the mountains by the Formorians, it could spell terrible news, giving the unseelie access to the Wildlands and possibly extinguishing the dwarves within." She looks to Til and places a hand on his shoulder. "Please be careful. Even for your great skill, these monsters prove a terrible danger."

Sadiyah
    :
    Investigator 3- Athelos Rising

OOC: Enough time has passed that I believe the party has had the opportunity to decide what they wish to do before moving on. If you need to change something or take last-minute actions, I can accommodate via Discord or message.

---

Busy Bee Island is, of course, bustling. You have been brought here by teleportation... outside the gates. There's a line about 100 feet long composed of 25 people, all themselves with bags. You wait for about an hour and a half before getting to the front and being passed in by the drone, who is about four times as tired as you are. Rooms have been arranged for you, but things go wrong even before they've begun. As you arrive at your hotel, you find that a drunken eladrin woman plunged three stories from her balcony and shattered one of the patios on the first above-lobby floor on impact, denying you access to your rooms. The resultant crater and stain has become quite the tourist attraction in of itself, as morbid passersby look at the fall and children ask to see the body before being pulled away by their parents. Management apologizes by giving you a free day pass for the rides, usable once during your stay.

"Have a busy day..." the drone at the desk drones as he puts your luggage in storage and hands you the passes. "We hope to have the situation handled in time for night lodging." He doesn't seem confident.

Rides include a cup whirl, a mechanical gold dragon with seats running on tracks, a ferris wheel, a log slide, and many others. Tents vary in offerings from food to fortune-telling to a Clever Animal Show hosted by the Little Man. Children seem to love this. There is a concessions area where sugary delights can be obtained, and a lane for might-testing, animal weight guessing, and dexterity games. Worker bees bother customers with offers for assistance, samples of drink and food, or wares and souvenirs to purchase. Barov, who decided to go ahead of you given the urgency of the situation with his circus, is currently surrounded by workers who are being a little too helpful to be useful, and hinder his movement by buzzing around him and pestering him with questions about his current status. He calls out, "Pine? Pine, where are you? Get back here! You can't get lost here, it's dangerous!"

Sadiyah
    :
    Investigator 3- Athelos Rising

Veta looks especially dour and out of place here. She is irritated that they cannot go to their rooms - the only place she would want to go among all the other options. She begins to ask about the dead eladrin woman.

Come join us on Discord!

Solen has never traveled to this place before and has honestly never seen anything like it. He decides to take advantage of the opportunity and wanders towards the stalls that offer opportunities to test your strength to see what fun might be had.

Blog Entries

Till looks confused and annoyed. He has just decided that Hell is brightly coloured and all its food its sweet. The thought of sweet fiend flesh makes him chuckle, or rather, exhale air from his nose with extra force once. He wonders whether the death he's just witnessed is a message directed at his party.

Blog Entries

Since he has nothing better to do, Broghar joins Solen in the strength contest.

Taking in the wonders and sights, Thoja'nnom seems to have an excited bouncing to her. She hasn't been here in a few years! Always makes her feel like a kitten. Her ears flick at hearing Barov, so she decides to try and keep an eye out for Pine, whilst being drawn to games of dexterity.
    "A good speech should be like a woman's skirt: Long enough to cover the subject but short enough to keep people interested." -Winston Churchill

The very Prettiest Orc avatar done by the talented Letty Wilson.

Hyberion shrunk in such a vibrant environment. He couldn't help the pretension of alertness that clung to his back as well. Regardless, he figured that to be in a near paranoid state would stress him out. If everyone else was alright, he could be as well. Except for the person that had a horrific accident, but Hyberion attempted not to worry about that sort of ordeal. Once he had heard about the local animal show being put up, Hyberion raised his eyebrows in curiosity. He looked about his environment sheepishly, and made his way over to the Clever Animal Show. It would be a chance to reconnect with the mystical bounds that he had studied for so long. It would also be a chance to learn how to enjoy himself outside of his home.

Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast