Page 1 of 40 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 2: Busybodies, Idle Hands

Default Chapter 2: Busybodies, Idle Hands

Beautifully outfitted in brilliant gold, silver, red, and green, Titania is smaller than her significance to the Feywild might suggest. Standing no more than five and a half feet tall, the Queen of the Summer Court has come to Astrazalian, accompanied by her party of aides, assistants, guards, and entertainers. Among them is a dark-eyed blonde human man who plucks mindlessly at a harp. His clothes are well-kept and appearance regal, but his face belies mental strain from the events of the day. Despite obviously desiring the sweet release of death, he dutifully follows the capricious archfey as she dazzles her way through the crowds. The parade has passed, but she remains mingling among the crowds of the city and Shandria has insisted you be present. You may choose to be absent, but must describe what personal business keeps you in that case. for his own sake, Camriel's room here in Astrazalian has been robbed blind, and Osorin has attempted to assist him in finding the thief. Shandria, obviously not used to the wild discussion Titania is constantly producing, has a hard time keeping up with her aunt.

Barov, the ringmaster of the circus that the Queen hired, waits for an opportunity to plead his case to the archfey, but she seems very chatter-happy, especially with regards to your most recent accomplishments. "Ah, how wonderful! You've dealt that foolish monster quite a devastating blow, I wager. Collected up a bunch of useful trinkets I'm sure someone can give you something you want for. In fact, I'd enjoy having the teddy bear, if you don't mind. I hope this Balor and his ilk go back to crawling in the caves and stop attacking this city. It's so pretty, and it'd be even prettier if it had a natural background. Wouldn't you agree, Andrew?" The poor bard can only nod, not even speaking. "Hm? Not even so much as a 'yes'? But you were so lively this morning. So many songs of the 'common' world."

"Beg pardon, my lady, but my vocal cords are quite spent," he mumbles in a barely audible tone.

"But I've restored your voice a few times just today, haven't I? Ah, well... the restrictions of being mortal, I suppose. I had him sing every song he knows, you know. And a few more than once. He's such a good singer, you should really hear him. Perhaps I should restore his voice again, so you can hear that." She asks you all, "Would you like that, or would you prefer to handle business? I'm sure you're just dying to get away from me to sell all of those bits and baubles you've picked up."

Given that this is a bit of a party, there's also food and wine here, and a man trying to stealthily stuff his face while reading poetry. If you want to scan the crowd for anyone in particular, you may.

Sadiyah
    :
    Investigator 3- Athelos Rising

Having to choose her words carefully, well and experienced here, Thoja'nnom chooses an opportunity to speak up. "A pleasure once and again to see the Queen today. Do believe Thoja would prefer a bath after experiences with imprisonment, but your presence is beautiful sight to eyes left in darkness for week." Bowing with a dramatic flourish. "... do believe companions here need to talk to war advisors, if your Highness grants?"
    Last edited by Theprettiestorc; 09-16-2018 at 01:01 PM.
    "A good speech should be like a woman's skirt: Long enough to cover the subject but short enough to keep people interested." -Winston Churchill

The very Prettiest Orc avatar done by the talented Letty Wilson.

Default Chapter 2: Busybodies, Idle Hands

Veta bows. ďIf your majesty wishes some background music, that is her prerogative. But if she wills it, we would like to speak of next steps against these fomorians.Ē

Come join us on Discord!

Solen bows deeply before his queen and produces the teddy bear for her. "My queen, please take this with our deepest appreciation for allowing us to serve you."

Quote Originally Posted by Theprettiestorc View Post
    Having to choose her words carefully, well and experienced here, Thoja'nnom chooses an opportunity to speak up. "A pleasure once and again to see the Queen today. Do believe Thoja would prefer a bath after experiences with imprisonment, but your presence is beautiful sight to eyes left in darkness for week." Bowing with a dramatic flourish. "... do believe companions here need to talk to war advisors, if your Highness grants?"
    "War advisors? Hm, I suppose it would be that serious. He has been sending giants to kill our people, and the capture of the circus is an annoyance. We keep bringing them back, of course, but it's such a pain having to do that regularly."

Barov seems to be offended but holding his tongue that the capture of the circus ranks as an annoyance. He and Andrew share a short gaze where they sympathize with each other, before they try to fade into the background.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rellott View Post
    Veta bows. “If your majesty wishes some background music, that is her prerogative. But if she wills it, we would like to speak of next steps against these fomorians.”
    "Quite. We can celebrate once we have set the field." However, she is temporarily distracted by Solen's gift.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthan View Post
    Solen bows deeply before his queen and produces the teddy bear for her. "My queen, please take this with our deepest appreciation for allowing us to serve you."
    The fey queen is, of course, overjoyed. "How thoughtful!" She takes it with both hands, squeezes it, sets it aside, and enthusiastically thanks Solen. "I was merely suggesting out of folly. Indeed, I should give you a gift in return. Hm..." She ponders for a second before walking over to a rose bush. "Here, take this." She plucks a small white rose and hands it to you. You are able to cast Friends with the rose as a spell focus once, after which it becomes nonmagical. "But for now, business." Titania takes an imperative tone more appropriate to the depth of time from which she has emerged.

She channels her powers by clasping her hands together, humming shortly with an outline of white light before returning to her previous state and speaking. "My mystic insight tells me 'King Balor' is, as he claims, a son of Annam All-Father of the giants. However, he is a young demigod, limited by his inexperience and arrogance. From what I understand, Annam sent him out for the purposes of reclaiming the Formorian people as his own, and will come at a later time to judge the boy's actions by his own account. He has a piece of his father's all-seeing power, but, of course, wields it for evil. Perhaps he does not understand the gravity of his actions... After all, it is not uncommon for the inhabitants of the Feywild to return after a time. However, this does not excuse the empyrean's actions. He must be halted, and hopefully, if luck allows it, returned to his father prematurely."

Titania asks Veta, "Your connections will be useful to us. Can you make contact with your Queen to help confirm details? If you wish to go to Busy Bee Island, I will make the appropriate funding for ordinary amenities, but once there, you must spend your own money. I have been there before myself: It is quite delightful. But stay here for a while- you are tired and doubtless have personal business to attend to, as do I," she pulls Andrew by his arm towards her with a giggle. "But I ramble. Not all of you are mine to command, so it would be best to leave you to plan amongst yourselves, unless I am to address any of your other questions."
    Last edited by DarkisnotEvil; 09-20-2018 at 06:09 AM.

Sadiyah
    :

Veta bows again. "I can, indeed, your majesty. Do you wish me simply to report what we have already found, or do you have further information for me to share with Queen Tik-Tik?"

Come join us on Discord!

Solen knows his place and merely bows to show his agreement.

Hyberion fidgets slightly, a bit nervous about the situation. "A demi-god..." He wondered to himself. The situation made him all the more anxious, but he took happiness in the mirthful environment. He had only met the Fey Queen for the first time, but Hyberion was mystified with her personality and appearance. To him, any sort of regal figure came off as vain or domineering, but Titania had varied greatly from this stereotype. He didn't appear to have any questions-- of course, he was a bit shy to speak up in front of his peers. Noting the other members bowing, Hyberion raises his eyebrows and gives the same gesture, albeit hurriedly.

Blog Entries

Til cannot fail to notice the ostensible disregard the Summer Queen has for her subjects, and the little concern she makes a show of regarding retaliatory military action against Balor. He observes the court etiquette to the letter, just enough so that nothing can be held against him or those he represents. And he comes Andrew, strumming along, an embarrassment to behold. The hunter just stands there, unable to figure out how to kick this puppy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rellott View Post
    Veta bows again. "I can, indeed, your majesty. Do you wish me simply to report what we have already found, or do you have further information for me to share with Queen Tik-Tik?"
    Titania warns you, "Her son will be back, this time with his compound eye restored. It is well within Balor's means to restore Berai's injury- he would be the Formorian's ideal choice for a regional deputy. Furthermore, she needs to look out for any unguarded teleportation sigils- if the circus is indeed going to be used at Busy Bee Island, they will likely be teleported in. The only spells able to do this with any significant number of people are Gate, Transport Via Plants, Teleport, Plane Shift, and Teleportation Circle, the last being most likely by far. I, for my part, will monitor diamond purchases in this city and nearby, so no attempts are made to recreate the first."
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthan View Post
    Solen knows his place and merely bows to show his agreement.
    Seeing Solen's concern, the Summer Queen attempts to comfort him with a soft smile and gentle reassurance. "Do not fear for the circus yet- It would be a fool's course to attempt to attack his lair again with his guard renewed by your most recent intrusion. We would suffer great losses against the Formorians in their tunnels, and they would likely kill their captives as retribution. The best thing we can do now is to wait for King Balor to make a move and capitalize on a mistake he or one of his subordinates makes."
    Quote Originally Posted by Fighter View Post
    Hyberion fidgets slightly, a bit nervous about the situation. "A demi-god..." He wondered to himself. The situation made him all the more anxious, but he took happiness in the mirthful environment. He had only met the Fey Queen for the first time, but Hyberion was mystified with her personality and appearance. To him, any sort of regal figure came off as vain or domineering, but Titania had varied greatly from this stereotype. He didn't appear to have any questions-- of course, he was a bit shy to speak up in front of his peers. Noting the other members bowing, Hyberion raises his eyebrows and gives the same gesture, albeit hurriedly.
    Titania is not offended by this- whether it is that others do this so much that she has come to accept gaffes, that it's not an error at all, or that she simply doesn't register your bowing as important is not clear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcazar QZR View Post
    Til cannot fail to notice the ostensible disregard the Summer Queen has for her subjects, and the little concern she makes a show of regarding retaliatory military action against Balor. He observes the court etiquette to the letter, just enough so that nothing can be held against him or those he represents. And he comes Andrew, strumming along, an embarrassment to behold. The hunter just stands there, unable to figure out how to kick this puppy.
    His eyes glazed over and his sense of rhythm shot, Andrew pines for the sweet release of death. Perhaps he happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, or he accidentally bit off more than he could chew trying to impress the Summer Queen. Distracted, he doesn't realize you're studying him, but Titania does, and she gives you a mildly warning gaze to keep your focus off of him.
    Last edited by DarkisnotEvil; 09-23-2018 at 05:23 AM.

Sadiyah
    :

Page 1 of 40 12311 ... LastLast