Page 38 of 40 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 LastLast
Results 371 to 380 of 391

Thread: Chapter 2: Busybodies, Idle Hands

  1. #371

    Default

    (Bite misses Solen, but the tail connects. Current hp 54)

  2. #372

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkisnotEvil View Post
    "...Cyclops?" he seems confused. "I don't know any cyclops. There have been a few donkeys coming through here, but I don't know where they go." When you point at Klinka's crocodile form, he purses his lips, a bit offended that you think of it as a monster. "That crocodile saved me from being cut in half by a man with a red coat. He keeps coming back, though."
    "She must have subjects to have power. If you and boys believe in her, she thrives. We killed Little Man on way through, that turned children to donkeys at her behest - perhaps she eats said donkeys as food. But above all else, look - your friends are dying." She points down. "Now is time to make Adult Decision. I pretended to be little girl to try to save friends, but those with me? No worries about killing. If you convince boys to stand down, they may live. If you do not, you, and all of them, will die. My companions do not know mercy. They are adults."

    She looks aside. "... Thoja'nnom had no parents for as long as can remember. Was raised by circus people, that taught her to live. Loved her. Sh- I, will do my best to try to give you and boys good, safe life. Better than death here. But if not, you and I keep fighting... and then you fight more, and more, always fighting. That is no life for children."
    "A good speech should be like a woman's skirt: Long enough to cover the subject but short enough to keep people interested." -Winston Churchill

    The very Prettiest Orc avatar done by the talented Letty Wilson.








  3. #373
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Budapest Hungary
    Posts
    1,511
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Broghar points at the far side of the monster and says: "Let's see how you burn!" A fireball explodes.

    Casting fireball at lvl4
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollFireball - (9d6) (3, 3, 5, 4, 1, 2, 2, 1, 5) [26] DC 16 dex save for half.
    5 additional force damage from power surge.

  4. #374
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Bariloche, Argentina
    Posts
    1,699
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Til finds the right sniping point and lets the arrows whistle, going for the creature's mouth.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollLongbow I - (1d20+12) (19) [31]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollLongbow II - (1d20+12) (4) [16]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage I - (1d8+6) (6) [12]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage II - (1d8+6) (4) [10]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollHunter's Mark - (1d6) (6) [6]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollColossus Slayer - (1d8) (2) [2]


  5. #375

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Theprettiestorc View Post
    "She must have subjects to have power. If you and boys believe in her, she thrives. We killed Little Man on way through, that turned children to donkeys at her behest - perhaps she eats said donkeys as food. But above all else, look - your friends are dying." She points down. "Now is time to make Adult Decision. I pretended to be little girl to try to save friends, but those with me? No worries about killing. If you convince boys to stand down, they may live. If you do not, you, and all of them, will die. My companions do not know mercy. They are adults."

    She looks aside. "... Thoja'nnom had no parents for as long as can remember. Was raised by circus people, that taught her to live. Loved her. Sh- I, will do my best to try to give you and boys good, safe life. Better than death here. But if not, you and I keep fighting... and then you fight more, and more, always fighting. That is no life for children."
    "No life for children?" he chokes, slashing at you with reckless abandon, losing any of his whimsical swordplay.
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollAttack - (2d20w1+7) (15, 16) [22] Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d6+7) (3) [10]
    "It's always like this with adults: You always want to shove your responsibilities onto us!"
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollAttack - (2d20w1+7) (7, 17) [14] Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d6+7) (6) [13]
    "You always want to make us grow up! Being a child is supposed to mean I'm free of worries, right? I can just live from day to day!"
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollAttack - (2d20w1+7) (1, 8) [8] Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d6+7) (6) [13]
    "It's not my job to keep the other Boys safe! It's Klinka's! She's..."
    The innocence dies in his eyes when he realizes you made him point out something crucially wrong with this situation.
    "...She's an adult."
    That seems to be enough reason for him to stop flying. His flight ceases and he will begin to fall next turn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Berenion View Post
    Broghar points at the far side of the monster and says: "Let's see how you burn!" A fireball explodes.

    Casting fireball at lvl4
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollAttack - (2d20w1+7) (15, 16) [22] DC 16 dex save for half.
    5 additional force damage from power surge.
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDex Save - (2d20b1-1) (11, 4) [10] The explosion covers most of her far side in flame, igniting part of the jungle as it does. Thankfully, the flames have not yet begun to spread, given the lack of pressure behind the fireball. (Burning another Legendary Resistance charge to save.) Her skin is hardened, however, by countless years of hunting and not a few combats. It will take more than that to crack her open.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcazar QZR View Post
    Til finds the right sniping point and lets the arrows whistle, going for the creature's mouth.
    Only the first one hits, but it strikes deep into her tongue, filling the magical creature's mouth with blood. She spits out the arrow, but she's beyond furious at this point, reduced to howling in guttural, animalistic rage. Her scales are covered with slashes and burns, and she will eat one of you alive or die trying.

    Initiative
    Broghar [27] (Gone)
    Til [26] (Gone)
    Fairy Boy [22] (Gone)
    Solen [21] (UP, HASTED)
    Purity [20] (UP)

    Boys [17] (3 remain)
    Thoja [13] (Waiting)
    Veta [11] (Waiting)
    Klinkadile? [7] (Waiting, taken 135 damage, Bloodied)
    Last edited by DarkisnotEvil; 07-08-2019 at 07:45 AM.

    Sadiyah
    :
    Investigator 3- Athelos Rising


  6. #376

    Default

    "You maggots don't want to grow up?" Purity bellows and points at the dead boy she roasted. "I can make certain you never do!" And certainly they may be free of cares once dead but Purity chooses not to belabor the point.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollIntimidate - (1d20+9) [21]

  7. #377

    Default

    Solen braces against the lashing tail and digs his heels in to stand his ground. His wings flap to give him an extra push as he goes low and tries to push the beast off balance before striking.

    (Bonus: Shield Master shove to prone - athletics contest vs athletics/acrobatics. Action: Attack twice (rolled w/adv assuming prone, if not take first roll). Hasted action: Attack again. No movement. Due to Radiant Soul, first attack that hits adds 10 damage)

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollAthletics Shove - (1d20+9) (7) [16]

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollAttack 1 - (2d20b1+10) (6, 5) [16]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage 1 - (1d8+8) (7) [15]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollAttack 2 - (2d20b1+10) (12, 7) [22]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage 2 - (1d8+8) (4) [12]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollAttack 3 - (2d20b1+10) (12, 6) [22]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage 3 - (1d8+8) (2) [10]
    +10 damage to first hit from radiant soul.
    Smites will be determined if any hit.

  8. #378

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arcanegeek View Post
    "You maggots don't want to grow up?" Purity bellows and points at the dead boy she roasted. "I can make certain you never do!" And certainly they may be free of cares once dead but Purity chooses not to belabor the point.
    The remaining boys scatter into the jungle like frightened mice, afraid of death. Purity and Veta have extinguished their will to fight. It's likely they can survive on their own here, but they won't be fighting anyone any time soon. If Veta wishes to negotiate with or capture any of them, this would be the time to do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthan View Post
    Solen braces against the lashing tail and digs his heels in to stand his ground. His wings flap to give him an extra push as he goes low and tries to push the beast off balance before striking.

    (Bonus: Shield Master shove to prone - athletics contest vs athletics/acrobatics. Action: Attack twice (rolled w/adv assuming prone, if not take first roll). Hasted action: Attack again. No movement. Due to Radiant Soul, first attack that hits adds 10 damage)

    +10 damage to first hit from radiant soul.
    Smites will be determined if any hit.
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollSave - (1d20+6) (5) [11]
    (Klinka burns her final Resistance charge to remain on her feet)
    Two powerful strikes later and the magical beast is on the verge of unraveling. Openings wedged by Til's arrows and blistered by Broghar's magical fire are further burst open by Solen's sword. Still, she fights on, fueled by rage.
    The following contingency is for if Klinka's turn wouldn't interfere with Thoja or Veta's plans.


    Initiative
    Broghar [27] (UP if Klinka has gone)
    Til [26] (UP
    if Klinka has gone)
    Fairy Boy [22] (Gone)
    Solen [21] (Gone)
    Purity [20] (Gone)
    Boys [17] (Fleeing)
    Thoja [13] (UP)
    Veta [11] (UP)

    Klinkadile? [7] (Gone (unless Thoja or Veta wish to affect the fight with her) taken 167 damage, Bloodied)
    Last edited by DarkisnotEvil; 07-11-2019 at 08:43 AM.

    Sadiyah
    :
    Investigator 3- Athelos Rising


  9. #379

    Default

    Reaction: Uncanny Dodge
    HP: 32/84

    In the flurry, she takes another wound - the way she's covered in them from this boy, a lesser warrior may have been felled by now. Blade at the ready though, she suddenlu moves in, putting an arm around him. "This one has you. And... is truly sorry." Starting to move down with him, Levitating back towards the ground. "Boys! Stand down! Give chance for leader to talk before running off!"

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollPersuasion - (1d20+6) [22]
    "A good speech should be like a woman's skirt: Long enough to cover the subject but short enough to keep people interested." -Winston Churchill

    The very Prettiest Orc avatar done by the talented Letty Wilson.








  10. #380
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    5,905

    Default

    "Your fairy's actions have led you here as lambs to be slaughtered!" Veta booms out via thaumaturgy. "Join the wolves, and you will be the slaughterers. Aid me in ending the fairy, and you will be well fed forever!"



    Come join us on Discord!

Page 38 of 40 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •