Page 31 of 37 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 310 of 362

Thread: Chapter 2: Busybodies, Idle Hands

  1. #301
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    5,879

    Default

    Veta huffs and falls to the back, keeping her sword extended and close to their captive's back.



    Come join us on Discord!

  2. #302

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rellott View Post
    Veta doesn't acknowledge this last remark, but does reply: "But he does have the ability to harm us. If we take him prisoner and he finds an opportunity to flee or alarm his superiors, we are harmed. As he admits, most of the courts would kill him or inflict punishments worse than death. We are executing swift justice rather than making him suffer through the waiting and not knowing exactly what will happen, as well as protecting ourselves."
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcazar QZR View Post
    As Til explores ahead, he notices the event taking place outside the portal and whistles for the rest of the party to come and see.
    The young woman backs up a bit, raising her arms defensively and blinking in surprise. "Goodness gracious." She's confused by your garb- to her, you're a set of misfits rather than a moderately cooperative team. "I-I am Mirwen. Who... Who are you?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthan View Post
    "You could turn on us in a sec..." Solen's response stops short at the sound of the whistle. "That's Til. He's calling us. We can finish this debate later. Let him to his feet."

    "Follow us, stay quiet, and listen to instruction," Solen says to Garven. "If you try to run, we will cut you down without hesitation. Consider this a temporary reprieve."

    Turning to Broghar, he says, "Keep him in front of you and don't let him out of your sight. I know that you don't want to burn a man alive with one of your spells after how long it took to get rid of the smell from the last one, but we all serve at our lady's need." He gives the dwarven mage a slight wink to encourage him to go along with the intimidation and then sets off after Til's whistle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Berenion View Post
    "Aye. Got it. I much prefer freezing them to death, prettier and no smell. Unfortunately I haven't prepaired that one today."
    Broghar replies going along with the plan.
    Garven falls silent and stands up. Complying with your instructions, you can tell his attitude has shifted considerably towards cooperation now that he knows he has a chance to live (or at least stick around a while longer) if he listens to your commands.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rellott View Post
    Veta huffs and falls to the back, keeping her sword extended and close to their captive's back.
    The thug does not resist, and keeps a comfortable distance between himself and you- just far enough so that you can maneuver without him being out of range. He also keeps his hands behind his head.

    When the girl sees your group more clearly, Garven does not speak to her, and remains at Veta's swordpoint.

    "I've been having such a strange dream- it must be a dream, musn't it?" The girl muses out loud, rubbing her hands together rapidly to try and soothe her nerves. "I don't think there's any other explanation for all the strange things that have been going on. I'm too ordinary for anything exciting to happen to me." In appearance, she is utterly ordinary. Her dress is suited for wearing in the evening, rather than bedclothes. She smooths out the folds of her dress as she looks over each of you individually.

    Last edited by DarkisnotEvil; 05-22-2019 at 08:43 AM.

    Sadiyah
    :
    Investigator 3- Athelos Rising


  3. #303
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Bariloche, Argentina
    Posts
    1,661
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollInsight Check - (1d20+9) (1) [10]


  4. #304
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    5,879

    Default Chapter 2: Busybodies, Idle Hands

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollinsight - (1d20+2) [16]



    Come join us on Discord!

  5. #305
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Budapest Hungary
    Posts
    1,499
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollInsight - (1d20+1) (19) [20]

    Broghar points a finger at Vetta, and then at Solen, whispering something under his beard.

    OOC: Casting Message to relay information, Please see the insight check spoiler.
    Last edited by Berenion; 05-23-2019 at 02:33 AM.

  6. #306

    Default

    Purity uses her Eldritch Sight to see just how normal this girl is

  7. #307

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arcanegeek View Post
    Purity uses her Eldritch Sight to see just how normal this girl is
    This girl is completely normal. There's some fairy dust on her dress, but it's mostly inert and she doesn't know how to use it. This whole area is enchanted, essentially making her a dead spot in the sea of magic plants and animals, not to mention the scrying sensor hanging next to Thoja's head.

    Sadiyah
    :
    Investigator 3- Athelos Rising


  8. #308

    Default

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollInsight - (1d20+7) [9]
    Last edited by Theprettiestorc; 05-24-2019 at 06:53 PM.
    "A good speech should be like a woman's skirt: Long enough to cover the subject but short enough to keep people interested." -Winston Churchill

    The very Prettiest Orc avatar done by the talented Letty Wilson.








  9. #309
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    5,879

    Default

    "What have you been dreaming of lately, little dreaming girl?" Veta asks. She looks around. "A fairy boy, by any chance?"



    Come join us on Discord!

  10. #310

    Default

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollInsight - (1d20+2) (14) [16]

Page 31 of 37 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •