Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2533343536 LastLast
Results 341 to 350 of 352

Thread: Campaign - High Stakes

  1. #341

    Default

    Again, Akuma intentionally leaves himself open, still learning just as much about his new opponent as she is learning about him. Her attacks hit hard, but each one only manages to move him about a foot in any direction, only pulling the slightest grunt out of him in response. She strikes at vulnerable points on the body, but it's like striking stone. Some slight bruising can be seen, her only proof at the moment that this guy isn’t immortal. After taking a few hits, he has all he needs and his guard goes up again. After that it becomes much, much harder to get anything through. After several blocked strikes, Akuma lets out an animal-like growl and stomps the ground hard with one foot. A blast of invisible energy radiates outward from him, pushing Shinoko far back before it is weak enough for her to push through. Akuma settles into a semi-crouched pose while an excess of visible, red-colored energy seeps out of him in an upward direction, licking into the air like small flames before eventually dissipating.

    From this crouched position, he launches at Shinoko, leading in with a powerful elbow followed by a shoryuken. That purple energy radiates from his fist, and it cuts a deadly arc upward as he attacks. Shinoko is knocked into the air, and Akuma’s own momentum carries him right up in line with her. From this position, he seamlessly transitions into a senpukyaku that hits her three times before she’s knocked far enough away. As she goes crashing back down again, she sees that Akuma spun at least two more times before stopping and even readied one of his downward-aimed hadoukens but then changed his mind and chose to just land on his feet and wait.

    He’s still testing her.

    Dark Hadou 4
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollAttack - (3d6) (1, 5, 4) [10] (You suffer no damage.)
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDefense - (3d6) (3, 1, 4) [8] (He takes no damage. Threat remains 10.)

  2. #342

    Default

    The blast makes her skid, the elbow is caught, but the rising fist slams her up as she spins. Each kick hits hard, and she lands roughly, putting her arms up as she feels his charge - but he stops. What? She stands slowly, clutching her midriff a moment and letting out a huff of breath. A brief flicker of white flame washes, showing something emaciated underneath - her current guise an illusion of energy, as all she's doing is operating on what's borrowed. It's the only thing keeping the darkness at bay, keeping her standing, keeping her fighting.

    She's not able to hurt him. Shinoko is hitting with everything she can, but even when he's letting her hit him, she can't make an impact. It's like... fighting her master, all over again. Neither are immortal, but they'll far outlive anyone around here by a long shot, carried through generations by massive power and perfection of body. Yet the acknowledgement doesn't deter her. If he wanted, he would destroy this whole city with a single punch, but he's more interested in what she can do. She's not even vocal anymore - she's just moving, keeping on it.

    This time, she has to focus on power, since light hits aren't cutting it. One arm about herself, facing him from the side with her knees bent, she's swiping and hitting as Oro. Palm-strikes, a swipe, a sweep at his legs, followed by a harsh spinning with a swirl of her energy, entire body driving upward at him. Only now does she truly realize how much his techniques resemble those of the Ansatsuken - at the top of it all, everything is alike. Kicking down repeatedly like a bird, she propels off of him, pulling two fingers from her forehead and launching a spiraled ball of force, the Yagyou Dama. The rotation, the control... things she could never pull off before, but in the heat of this moment, she needs every technique she can pull off.

    Senkagamijutsu 4
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollAttack 3 - (3d6) (6, 5, 1) [12]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDefense 3 - (3d6) (1, 6, 3) [10]
    "A good speech should be like a woman's skirt: Long enough to cover the subject but short enough to keep people interested." -Winston Churchill

    The very Prettiest Orc avatar done by the talented Letty Wilson.








  3. #343

    Default

    Akuma puts up another intentionally lazy defense and ends up paying for it this time. Shinoko blasts through his guard and brings the pain with a technique of a level he was not expecting after their first few exchanges. He is almost crumpled when all is said and done, and he staggers back to regain his composure. But through the whole thing it almost looks like he wants to start smiling.

    “Good,” he says. Just that one word. And then he slowly assumes fighting stance once more. In that time, while settling into stance again, Shinoko watches as his red hair changes color slightly until it’s almost orange, and his brown skin appears to go a few shades darker. His eyes take on a subtle red glow. She’s heard about this. He’s ready to fight at full power. She’s facing Shin Akuma now.

    [Threat reduced to 6.]

    With a quiet cough, Bravve wakes up, having rested enough to regain 2 Chi.

  4. #344

    Default

    Her own hair flashes with gold, aura flaring up once more. A mixture of the three colors, whites and blacks and gold. She's found her balance.

    Deep within Darkness, there is Me.
    Inside of Me, deep, there is Light.
    Where Light shines, Darkness is behind.
    My Balance is within all, and none.
    In the middle, is Me. Casting Darkness and Light.

    I am at Peace with Myself.


    Burning brighter, or at least appearing to, she continues her assault. Seamlessly once more, her speed only increases as she chains the unlikeliest of moves. A spinning arm reminiscent of Zangief becomes a flip and an upside-down set of kicks favored by Chun-Li. Legs wrap around as she flips back face-to-face, blasting with two large balls of spiraled energy like Viper wielding the sheer power of Oro. Which sends her back just a bit, but she only needs a single step to create a familiar Shoryuken, grabbing his Gi along the way and flipping him over her head in a show of strength like Guile.

    And the final burst has her launching a pair of Hadouken Blasts, one for the ground where he's landing and one for where he'll bounce. A trick she's stolen from him now.

    Senkagamijutsu 4
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll4 Attack - (4d6) (3, 6, 2, 4) [15]
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll2 Defense - (2d6) (4, 6) [10]
    "A good speech should be like a woman's skirt: Long enough to cover the subject but short enough to keep people interested." -Winston Churchill

    The very Prettiest Orc avatar done by the talented Letty Wilson.








  5. #345
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Around the 4th moon
    Posts
    1,203
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Bravve gets back on one knee and looks around.. With a big grin he sees the new opponent fighting against Shinoko. With a quick stretch he start rampaging forward.. His skin still red as the blood is still boiling threw him.. The beast still had control over him.. Inside his mind his still caged behind the bars that protected him when things got to the point of fear of losing someone again.

    After the first hadouken lands the beast saw the second building up and where it would land.. He grins even more and as he charge forward and with a wild roar put all his strength into his right arm and it start to grow as the already pumped blod veins stretch to its limit and deals the blow at the same time Shinokos second hadouken connects to Akuma doing a surprising combo.

    Wild capoeira 4
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollattack - (6d6) (3, 5, 5, 3, 3, 3) [22]

  6. #346

    Default

    Akuma readies himself to grab Shinoko before she can even pull off her first move, but a sudden red blur moving toward him in his peripheral vision causes him to hesitate just long enough for Shinoko to successfully pull off the first move that then lets her chain her combo. When Shinoko's second hadouken connects at the same time as Bravve's mega-punch, Akuma is sent tumbling backward. He tumbles and flips a couple of times before using his own momentum to push himself off the ground and high into the air, where with a roar he explodes with power. It's like being in the presence of a lightning strike - a flash of light and a loud bang - and then Akuma is suddenly suspended in the air. The top half of his gi is gone, destroyed. His skin has now gone totally black, his hair is stark white, and the subtle red glow his eyes had before is now very strong. Akuma isn't even here anymore. They're fighting Oni now. Oni opens with two huge hadouken blasts aimed at both Shinoko and Bravve.

    Demon-Fu 4
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollAttack vs Shinoko - (2d6) (6, 1) [7] (Your 1 defense is enough to parry this 1 attack.)
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollAttack vs Bravve - (2d6) (2, 1) [3] (2 attacks. No defenses so spent 2 Chi or be defeated.)
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDefense - (2d6) (1, 2) [3] (7 attacks, defended down to 5. Threat reduced to 1.)

  7. #347

    Default

    Hrk! Arms up, Shinoko goes skidding back from the energy wave. She's relatively unharmed, but... no, Bravve! Leaping back, she props the faltering ape up from behind, hefting against him. "... no time to quit, buddy... just one last good shot!" She's pouring energy into him, energizing him. Letting him recover, and power up. And her voice is quiet against him.

    "Find yourself, Bravve. Let go of your anger, your fear, and all of your emotion. Forget the animal. Just be a person, a fighter, in this one moment. Be a good guy..."

    "... and finish it!!"


    With a blast, three columns of light, she's launched him straight at the floating Oni. "Bravveduken!!"

    Senkagamijutsu 4
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll4 Attack - (4d6) (4, 4, 3, 1) [12]
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll2 Defense - (2d6) (4, 6) [10]
    "A good speech should be like a woman's skirt: Long enough to cover the subject but short enough to keep people interested." -Winston Churchill

    The very Prettiest Orc avatar done by the talented Letty Wilson.








  8. #348
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Around the 4th moon
    Posts
    1,203
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    (chi point used.)
    Inside the cage a young boy is crying.. The blood on his hands won't go away..but then He hears a voice in the distance.. It calls for him.. It's warm.. Gentle.. The beast outside seem nervous and a light appears forcing the beast back.. The cage open.. And the young boy walks out and the beast in.. He opens his eye and sees a black figure in front of him.. But his basic instincts tells him to attack and defend.. .he ready himself for some pain and bend himself in the air and aim a pair of feet straight into the Oni.
    Wild capoeira
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollattack - (4d6) (5, 6, 1, 5) [17]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rolldefend - (2d6) (3, 5) [8]
    Last edited by Krivak; 04-02-2019 at 08:52 PM.

  9. #349

    Default

    The Shinoko-powered Bravve kick to the face is the most unpredictable, unavoidable attack that Oni/Akuma has ever encountered in his life. He is knocked out of the air and he hits the ground hard. All of the gathered power and focus is knocked out of him and he instantly reverts back to regular Akuma. He gets up and dusts himself off.

    "Mm," he grunts, sounding neither pleased nor disappointed. "Another time, then." He turns and begins to walk away at his own leisurely pace, confident that no one will attempt to pursue. And he's right. If he got what he was looking for and is satisfied for the time being, no one wants to provoke him any further.

    By now the local law enforcement has received backup from Interpol reinforcements and the Shadaloo blockade has been crushed. Most of this area of the Strip has been evacuated and protected paramedics are even seeing to many of the fallen World Warriors. With all the commotion fighting Akuma, neither of you noticed the progress that was happening right behind you.

    The police attempt to detain you but a newly-revived Chun-Li vouches for you and you are only kept for a short debriefing before you are released with heartfelt thanks for your invaluable efforts. Shadaloo took a major, major gamble on the op they tried to pull today. Everything hinged on it being a success. The fact that it was a cataclysmic failure has crippled the criminal organization to a degree that it may never recover from. For all intents and purposes, Shadaloo was taken down today.

    (You may write your own epilogues.)

  10. #350

    Default

    Out of eyeshot of all the authorities, after realizing everything's just... okay, Shinoko is letting herself falter, the illusion draw back. She's patting Bravve in thanks, tells him to get her things from her room, because she's about to have an extended stay in the hospital.

    And all the energy, all the bravado, is drained from her. She brings herself to a gurney, and lets herself sleep. Her muscles are atrophied beyond what should be possible to be moving, her form is gaunt, and she almost seems to be a corpse. Multiple bones broken, fractured, organs having issues, but life support is enough to keep her going when it shouldn't be.

    In fact, many things seem impossible about her. She only wakes to eat over the next three weeks, and then returns to her rest and meditations. Those from her company send gifts and flowers, and it's the latter which seem to brighten in her presence. The drive was easily found among her things, not that it matters too entirely much, but the fact that her body has seen recovery on a dramatic scale as she rests is a miracle in and of itself. The fourth week is spent doing fitness in her room, despite what anyone tells her, and at the end of the month, Shinoko's fit to move around in full, as if she'd never been so close to death as she'd been.

    There's been a lot to think about. She still feels... something, even if her memory of all the events is hazy, at best. She's told she held up against Akuma, that she continued where others didn't. It's all a fever-dream, and she'll be damned if she can remember what happened during all that time. As it is, there's a company to get back to.

    ...

    And in herself, deep inside, she can still feel it. Scars. She can feel a faint energy, a remembrance of M. Bison inside her. Of the darkness, and the light, in her core. That all of it is there, and she needs to be able to control it without a catastrophic event such as that again. More than that, though, she can feel the tether, the tie, to the enigmatic villain. He's out there somewhere, and he wants her.

    Stepping out of the hospital, a large stuffed bear under one arm and her suitcase in her other hand. Most of the get-well things were distributed around in the cover of night, especially the plants - she is, after all, still Kunoichi. But she likes this bear. It came from someone special. There's a taxi ready, an airport ride ahead of her. A plane back to her life, to leave Vegas behind.

    Things will never be the same for her again.
    "A good speech should be like a woman's skirt: Long enough to cover the subject but short enough to keep people interested." -Winston Churchill

    The very Prettiest Orc avatar done by the talented Letty Wilson.








Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2533343536 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •