Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 352

Thread: Campaign - High Stakes

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Default Campaign - High Stakes

    The last couple of weeks have been calm and uneventful. You're wherever you are, doing whatever you're doing, when a letter arrives for you in some way or another. It contains an invitation to a tournament being held in Las Vegas on Balrog's personal stage. It is taking place in two weeks.

  2. #2

    Default

    Working security, and frowning as she straightens in her seat, Shinoko goes over the letter a second time. Las Vegas? Another public tournament? Not to mention... Balrog. Her eyes narrow. Straightening her glasses, she cracks her knuckles, starting to type on her keyboard at a rapid pace. Shooting emails to her Security Chief, to a contact, and to a few others in the company who know boxing and the fighting scene. The first thing is to find out all she can on this, and get permission for a "Leave Of Absence" if necessary, to attend. If she was specifically targeted... it would be rude not to show, and Vegas is incredibly public.

    It's another world stage. She may have some training to do.
    "A good speech should be like a woman's skirt: Long enough to cover the subject but short enough to keep people interested." -Winston Churchill

    The very Prettiest Orc avatar done by the talented Letty Wilson.








  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Around the 4th moon
    Posts
    1,203
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Walking out from a empty bunker in the jungle of Brazil, Bravve lets out a *sigh* sound as he brush of some of the dust on his cloth, no luck with the clues this time either as rumors had it this bunker used to be a secret laboratory for Bison experiments. Stretching his arms and looking up in the sky a small parachute comes falling down threw the tree's.. a little in shock he grabs its and a small box is attached to it. Opening it proves to shock him more as a letter with a big opportunity to gather information again arise. Hopefully this time it would prove results. Gathering up his backpack he starts running threw jungle, jumping from tree to tree like in a movie. With a big and excited smile on his face he head for the Airport to get on the first flight to Vegas.

  4. #4

    Default

    "Vegas, huh?" Carl asks Decardi, speaking over the thump of club music. He holds the letter the bartender passed on up to the light. Rick himself been given it by a rookie Street Fighter too inexperienced to know the gravity of the request.

    The bartender nods, preparing another drink. "Seems so. I figured you had a score to settle with Balrog. You always give off the biggest reactions whenever he's involved."

    "You know me too well," Valdez laughs bitterly, before placing a fifty-dollar bill in exchange for his caipirinha and the letter. "Take care of yourself." Looking over the thrum of the dance floor, Valdez coolly polishes off the drink before wandering through the crowd. He attracts a few stares from those coherent enough to pay attention to their surroundings, but his imposing presence and the dangerous nature of the club leaves him unmolested by druggies or thugs.

    He takes a back entrance out into the night, closes his coat against the softly pouring rain, and heads towards his old coupe. Someone is already there when he arrives. Thankfully, it's a petty thief attempting to steal his wheels. Unfortunately for him, Carl is having none of that and picks the would-be cinderblocker up by the scruff of his neck. The horrified robber drops his torque wrench and struggles to turn around. Carl tosses him so he lands on the sidewalk, picks up the metal bar, and brings it inches away from the ne'er-do-well's face. "Put them back," he says coldly.

    ---

    After the last rim is properly secured, Carl growls at the thief to "Beat it." He then drives off without so much as another word. The light tapping of rain the car roof and metronome of the windshield wipers gives him a beat to think by as he drives his way onto an interstate highway.

    Balrog... Despite his undeniable power, he's too stupid to be the main man behind this. Shadaloo is sure to be involved, given the last World Warrior tournament. I need to be ready for the worst. Time to consider the facts.
    Last edited by DarkisnotEvil; 09-17-2018 at 06:31 PM.

    Sadiyah
    :
    Investigator 3- Athelos Rising


  5. #5

    Default

    With two weeks to play with, some of you have already begun to travel toward your destination. The rest of you are also preparing in your own ways. But you all have one thing in common, you know you're going to need money. Even if you try not to spend a dime, that place is designed to wring it out of you, and some hard cash might also go along way toward your individual goals.

    So whether you wait until you arrive, you begin right away, or you handle it along the journey, how can you make some quick cash?

  6. #6

    Default

    It seems like there's an easy way to go about this: and one she might be able to take advantage of. Shinoko, in the course of bureaucratic navigation, she puts out an idea of representing EDGE as a sponsored fighter. This will be highly-public, and given their business of technological development, plus her suit already... it'd be good advertising, especially if she wins, no?

    Been able to fly and stay in Vegas on the company's bill wouldn't be bad at all. If that fails, she can wrangle up some of her co-workers in security with her, do a bit of sparring and practice for cash bets. Two birds, one stone.
    Last edited by Theprettiestorc; 09-17-2018 at 10:08 PM.
    "A good speech should be like a woman's skirt: Long enough to cover the subject but short enough to keep people interested." -Winston Churchill

    The very Prettiest Orc avatar done by the talented Letty Wilson.








  7. #7

    Default Story 1 - High Stakes

    "I'll see what I can do..." Carl suggests, having considered speaking to Guile but changing plans due to the presence of the man in danger. He steps up and addresses the closest suit as he assesses their skills- as well as Weaselly's. No need to get caught off guard by fake pleading.
    "Not very neighborly of you, is it? What's so important about this small fry that you need to take him away? He's not cheating, is he?"

    Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk

    Sadiyah
    :
    Investigator 3- Athelos Rising


  8. #8

    Default

    "Don't worry about it," one of them says.
    "None of ya damn business," says another.
    "You best stay out if it," a third one threatens.
    The fourth one only glares.


    The little fellow talks you all into escorting him out of the casino and to his diner, but you notice that, as you move toward the exit, the men in suits move in time with you, keeping about fifteen feet between the two groups at all times. They don't notice when, after they've passed by him, Guile gets up and begins to follow as well.

    You exit through the wrong set of double doors and end up walking up the ramp toward the stage that's still being built. The men in suits follow menacingly. The employees cleaning the stage scatter. They can tell something's about to go down. The crowd of people doesn't shrink at all, however. In fact, it grows a little bit. People think that this is part of the entertainment.

    Once you're all on the stage and the suited men are, too, the little guy takes cover behind you all and the men in suits unbutton their coats. They still don't see Guile coming up behind them, cracking his knuckles. It's time to fight.

    Round 1 Initiatives
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollCarl - (1d6) [3]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollShinoko - (1d6) [3] (plus 5 makes 8)
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollBravve - (1d6) [3] (plus 5 makes 8)
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollSuits - (1d6) [4]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollGuile - (1d6) [4]

  9. #9

    Default

    One breath in, one breath out... her shoes are already off, pushed just behind her in ritual. And then she's moved like a flash, a flying kick - followed by another from her back foot! And flips back, landing with arms out, boa spread across them.

    "A good speech should be like a woman's skirt: Long enough to cover the subject but short enough to keep people interested." -Winston Churchill

    The very Prettiest Orc avatar done by the talented Letty Wilson.








  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Around the 4th moon
    Posts
    1,203
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Bravve shrugs his shoulders and as he see the flying beuati he desire to join the fight with a right punch
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollpunch - (2d6) (4, 3) [7]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •