Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: A Dinner Date of Deception

Blog Entries

Authentic Forum Dice-rollPerception - ( 1d20) (6) [6]

You do your best to search the library, but it is a large room with an almost overwhelming number of shelves. You only manage to find one thin book, closer to a leaflet, really, about Gripplis. It was written in the 1600s by an Edwarde Von Tarpe and it warns of the dangers of imbibing in "The Foul Temptress Commonly Referred To As 'Sacred Gland Juice' But Considered By More Learned Folks To Be An Insidious Poison That Causes Much Pain And Humiliation". According to the pamphlet, it causes hallucinations and behavior unbecoming of gentlefolk. You find no information about anything pertaining to Grippli culture, etiquette, dining habits, etc.
    Last edited by RealWittyAlias; 02-12-2019 at 01:48 PM.

Blog Entries

The samsaran sighs. "I should order plain water, just in case..." She decides, unaware of her rising paranoid anxiety.

The hours pass at a snail's pace, but eventually it's time to leave for your double date with Crokoglup and his sister. You leave the school -Mr. Popov at the gate wishes you a nice time and reminds you to be back by curfew- and head into town. The rain has died down by now, but the path to Red River Valley is a bit muddy and puddles dot the cobblestone streets.

You reach The Riverside Cafe at 5:50pm. It's a large brick building that, despite its name, is nowhere near a river. It's a few blocks away from the town square, in between Rashad's Rare Books and Bakshi & Bakshi Law Firm. Stained glass windows leave colorful spots of light shimmering on the street in front of the building, and you can hear lively sitar music and chatter inside. Crokoglup is waiting for you out front. He's dressed in a tailored orange suit, a matching top hat with a glittering dragonfly pin atop his head. As you approach he shifts anxiously on his feet and holds out a bouquet of violets.

"F-for you," he stammers. "I'm told it's, um, traditional to... to... for humanoids on dates to give each other flowers, and as you're a humanoid, I... did. Get the flowers, I mean. Anyways. You, um, look lovely."
    Last edited by RealWittyAlias; 02-14-2019 at 07:03 PM.

Blog Entries

Galaga looks charming and mysterious, in an unhinged, barely-clinging-to-reason way. The long wait and her meandering thoughts around the Sacred Gland took their toll. "They are perfect flowers, Crokoglup. You look dashing. But listless. Stop. Fidgeting. We are in total control of this social situation. Repeat after me: 'We are in total control of this social situation'. Say it."

Crokoglup lets out a nervous croak but stops fidgeting and stands ramrod straight.

"We... are in complete control of the situation," he says doubtfully. "Yes. We are in complete control of this social situation. We are in complete control of this social situation. We are in complete control of this social situation. We are in complete control of this social situation."

He slaps his face with a webbed hand and takes a deep, calming breath.

"I apologize for the hysterics; I just worry that my sister might prove to be better than me in every matter, both personal and professional. But it's alright, I think I've got a hold of myself now."

Just then you spot two grippli approaching you from the end of the street. One is green, like Crokoglup, and the other is bright blue. Both are wearing long, loose tunics belted at the waist. The two grippli come to a stop about a foot away from you. The green one raises a hand in greeting, and Crokoglup follows suit.

"Hello, Crokoglup," the green arrival says. "I see you got all... dressed up. I hope your suit isn't too drying?"

"The fabric breathes well," Crokoglup says curtly.

"Oh, good. Well, let me introduce you to my fiance. This is Riiiiiibirii. Riiiiiiibirii, this is my brother, Crokoglup."

Crokoglup and Riiiiiiibirii nod at each other while the green grippli turns her attentions to you. She opens her mouth in what looks like as close as a grippli can get to a human smile.

"And you must be my brother's mate. I'm afraid Crokoglup didn't mention your name when he told me about you...? I'm Ogwopocrooooak."

Blog Entries

She opens her mouth in what looks like as close as Galaga can get to a human smile. "I am Galaga, and to be perfectly candid, never have I ever heard anyone speak so much and with such terms of his own sister. Crockglup idolises you, Ogwopocrooooak, so I have been naturally dying to meet you. Riiiiiibirii," she nods.

Ogwopocroooooak raises her brow, clearly surprised.

"Well, that's very sweet," she says. "I'm glad to meet you too. Shall we head inside? Riiiiiiibrii reserved a cozy booth for us in the back of the restaurant. We'll all be able to get to know each other there."

Inside the restaurant an elven waitress leads you through the dining room, past tables full of extravagantly dressed humanoids and catfolk diners. She stops at a booth in the back, right beside the kitchen. The music from the sitar players up front is nearly drowned out by clanging pots and shouting only slightly muffled by the kitchen doors. You can see other grippli seated at nearby booths and tables, clad in billowy clothing, as well as a few kobolds and a table in the corner crammed with goblins in business suits.

Before you've had a chance to sit down your waitress sets four menus on the table, tells you she'll be with you in a moment, and glides away to attend to an elven couple waving at her from the other side of the room. Ogwopocroooooak slides into the booth with her back to the kitchen, and Riiiiiiibrii sits across from her. Crokoglup steps back and silently motions for you to choose a seat before he takes whichever one is left.

Blog Entries

The wizard narrows her eyes as she analises the general table layout and sits. When Crokoglup takes a sit, she makes a daring display of public affection by sliding her little finger towards her boyfriend's hand. "This is decidedly fancier that what I am used to. Please, do not descend to my level manners-wise, everyone. Act naturally -oxymoronic as it sounds - and I shall ape you to the best of my ability. The second most unusual meal I've ever had is, in fact, my first day at Laghara's! Crockoglup tells me you are an alumnus."

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast