Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Thread: A Dinner Date of Deception

1. Default

"Hey, I found something!" Lialda shows it to everyone. "Maybe we could use this to help in scrying!"

Blog Entries

"Or in normal investigatin'." Dorsard suggests. "We could use that tah look around town, see if anyone matches where it might come from...after scryin' of course."

“Defend the weak, protect both young and old, never desert your friends. Give justice to all, be fearless in battle and always ready to defend the right."

—The law of Badger Lords”
    Brian Jacques, Lord Brocktree

"So we're scrying first?" Crokoglup confirms. "That seems like a good idea. I don't personally know anybody with scrying capabilities... aside from a couple of the professors at the Academy, but I'd really rather not involve them... do you think we should we ask another student, or try to find somebody in town?"

4. Default

"I bet we could find an older student who could do it!" Lialda says. "Plus we should get back to school soon anyway."

Blog Entries

"Another student would be best." Dorsard agrees.
    "Maybe we could convince tha student they could get somethin' out of this? ........like what we find at tha hideout? Ah don't know, Ah'm bad at this hero-in' stuff."

“Defend the weak, protect both young and old, never desert your friends. Give justice to all, be fearless in battle and always ready to defend the right."

—The law of Badger Lords”
    Brian Jacques, Lord Brocktree

Blog Entries

Galaga ponders for a moment. "Hmm. Hard drugs... Maybe if... No, no, no. That would be way too complicated." He shakes her head dismissing the thought and points at the general direction she thinks the Academy is "To the Academy!!"

You all head back towards campus. By seven in the morning you've reached the front gates. You can see the main school building just down the path. Visible behind it are the student dormitory building (to your right), the graduate student dormitory building (further back, to the right), and part of the forest.

A burly orc man -who most of you recognize as the head guard, Mr. Popov, and who introduces himself to Huxley as such- lets Dorsard, Galaga, Irfan, and Lialda in the gates after intense scrutinizing of their medallions. He holds Huxley back for a few minutes.

"You're the late arrival, yes?" he says. "I was told to expect you. Here's your welcome package."

He hands Huxley a Student Handbook and a small white envelope. Inside the evelope is a class schedule and room assignment, along with a coin-sized medallion on a necklace-length red string. The medallion is gold colored and has the initials L.A. engraved on the front.

"That medallion is very important. You need to bring it with you every time you leave the campus, because if you leave and then try to come back without it I won't let you in. Any questions before I let you go join your new friends?"

8. Default

Huxley comes with six different questions to ask but forgets them all while trying to figure out which one to ask first. Long pause. "Can I have extra food for Cat. She won't hunt and she doesn't like it when other people feed her."

Mr. Popov glances down at Cat.

"Meals are served buffet style," he says. "Nobody will object if you take some extra food for your cat. Now, if she for some reason grows to an abnormally size with a correspondingly large appetite, you will be expected to provide for her yourself. We don't need a dire panther jumping onto the breakfast table and gobbbling up all the pickled fish."

He frowns and gets a far away look in his eyes for a moment, as though remembering some past grievance. Then he shakes his head and returns to a neutral expression.

"Anyhow, breakfast is being served right now if your or your Cat are hungry. Meals are served in the Main Hall in the school building."

Blog Entries

The samsaran shows her medallion and gets inside, stomach rumbling, in clueless search of the right person for the job...

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast