Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: A Dinner Date of Deception

1. Default

"It's very nice to make your acquaintances" longish pause "I've had some time to theory craft about the no robbery robbery. I know what my folks would have said about it. You see, you can't put elves to sleep but none of them were hurt and I heard they didn't have much helpful to say so they were allin on it"

Irfan
    The bathroom seems to have been cleaned since the events of last night. It's immaculate. You don't find any traces of anything you could link back to a kidnapper. You do notice that the window is fairly small; about two by three feet. If anybody entered or exited through it -and you remember Galaga mentioning something about finding footsteps and a cigarette under the window, as though somebody had been waiting outside of it- they would have had to have been either very small or very dextrous.

Ches soon returns from his little walk and hops back through the window to rejoin you.

(EDIT: I made a mistake and said in an earlier post that the alley in between the cafe and the law firm was brick paved. It was not. It's packed dirt.)

Everybody Else
    As you discuss the train theft, a glowing blue cat that everybody except Huxley recognizes as Ches, Irfan's eidolon, comes slinking around the side of the building. He meows at you all insistently and then turns around to return where he came from, looking back every once in a while to make sure you're following him.

Anybody who follows the cat is led down the dirt alleyway between the cafe and Bakshi & Bakshi Law Firm. Ches hops through a small window into a restroom, where you can see Irfan searching for clues.

4. Default

A black cat with a white belly jumps out of one of Huxley's bags and darts behind Ches. "Cat?" Huxley tries to follow quickly but he's weighed down by a back pack and two duffel bags slung in an x across his body. The result is a funny looking waddle.

Blog Entries

Dorsard looks at the cat for a moment before turning to Huxley.
    "How's tha cats sense of smell? Maybe we could use it tah track down the kidnappers when they show?" He thinks for a moment. "Or tha cat could follow them after tha negotiation is done? Hmmmm. "

“Defend the weak, protect both young and old, never desert your friends. Give justice to all, be fearless in battle and always ready to defend the right."

—The law of Badger Lords”
    Brian Jacques, Lord Brocktree

6. Default

Lialda immediately follows the eidolon. She catches sight of Irfan and whispers, "Psst! What's going on?"

Irfan's face brightens up when he sees Lialda, then diminishes when he has to admit failure to her. "Convincing the staff to let me in was easy. However, looking for clues.... I've tried my best but I don't see anything. So I sent Ches for you." He gives a half smile to the enchantress.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by GhoulRising View Post
    Dorsard looks at the cat for a moment before turning to Huxley.
    "How's tha cats sense of smell? Maybe we could use it tah track down the kidnappers when they show?" He thinks for a moment. "Or tha cat could follow them after tha negotiation is done? Hmmmm. "

"Um, I don't really know. As good as any other cat I suppose. You'll have to ask her for yourself, I owe her enough favors already. Her name is Cat and she understands Common very well. Um, kidnappers, huh? Is that normal everyday magic school kinda stuff or are you all terrified as well?"
    Last edited by BabatheHutt; 07-19-2019 at 01:37 AM.

9. Default

Lialda will attempt to follow Ches through the small window into the building. "Maybe we're early?" She turns towards the window. "Galaga!" she hisses. "What time is the kidnapping supposed to happen?"

Remembering his watch, Irfan pulls out the magical item. "Plus there is this. Down side is we only get one use per day, as the magic within need to build up again. Better to have everyone here for it's use." When everyone helping Galaga is present, and ready, Irfan starts winds the watch.

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast