Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: A Dinner Date of Deception

Blog Entries

Dorsard watches Irfan and Lialda interact with no small amount of amusement. Being old enough to have fathered both of them, he had experience to recognize what was going on. His perpetual frown lifts into a neutral expression, which for him was equivalent to a wide smile.
    "We could always split up, and send some people tah look at tha cafe, and the others find tha frog. We don't all need tah be together." He suggests.

“Defend the weak, protect both young and old, never desert your friends. Give justice to all, be fearless in battle and always ready to defend the right."

—The law of Badger Lords”
    Brian Jacques, Lord Brocktree

2. Default

Lialda flushes bright red and backs up a little to catch her breath. "What? Um. Oh. Sure. We can split up. Um. I guess I can go with Irfan and Ches. If that's okay with them." She is clearly flustered.

Blog Entries

"Wait, that's not how this spell works." "<Dumb-dumb>" The conjurer gets up and starts her wandering journey through the school in search of his boyfriend, starting with his bedroom. She somehow assumes that at least Rurik will follow her.

Galaga, Dorsard(?)
    6:00pm, Monday, August 14

You make your way down to the second year dormitories on the fourth floor. Two blond half-orc boys playing a game of chess in the common room look up from their board briefly. One rolls his eyes and mutters something under his breath about all the first years trampling through here lately, but neither of them address you directly or make any attempt to stop you from heading to the hallway to the left that contains the boys' bedrooms.

Galaga recalls from one of her conversations with Crokoglup that he resides in Room 3. Just as you're about to knock on the door, it opens seemingly by itself. Then you look down and realize it was opened by the bright green grippli Galaga recognizes as her boyfriend.

"Oh, hello," Crokoglup says, rubbing his eyes and shutting the door quietly behind him as he steps into the hall. "I was about to come look for you."

He lets out a shuddering and incredibly loud yawn.

"My apologies. How are you this morning?"

Irfan, Lialda
    6:00pm, Monday, August 14

The two of you make your way out the gates, where Mr. Popov reminds you to be back for your first classes at eight, and head into the city. By 6:30 you've reached The Riverside Cafe. It's a large brick cafe that's located in between a book shop and a law firm, and nowhere near a river. Stained glass windows in the front portray lively boat parties and river-side picnics. The vivid colors probably look brilliant when illuminated, but the cafe's lights are off at the moment. A sign on the front door informs you that their hours are 12-2pm for lunch and 6pm-12am for dinner.
    Last edited by RealWittyAlias; 06-30-2019 at 07:00 AM. Reason: Fixed the two-lunch issue. This isn't a Hobbit cafe.

"Of course, my Popov."

The usually lethargic Ches keeps pace with Irfan and Lialda.

Irfan tries to be subtle about his sigh of relief find The Riverside Cafe isn't actually near water. He is a little less subtle about his sigh when he notices the sign. "Maybe would could say our friend lost something sentimental last night? Ask if we could look in the restroom for a moment?"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Crockoglup
    "My apologies. How are you this morning?"
    "Excited!" She is not lying! "I know someone that might help us track the captors! I recommend samosas to eat on the way to the café before lessons start! Time is of the essence! Let us go!" She takes him by the hand and trots towards the samosas and then outside, past Popov and into the city.

Galaga, Crokoglup, and Dorsard catch up with Lialda and Irfan within minutes of their arrival at the Cafe. Crokoglup has nibbled a bit of a shrimp samosa and is now standing by Galaga with his damp hand in hers, eyes half closed, desperately trying not to nod off right here in the street.

9. Default

"This would be a nice spot for a date," Lialda muses out loud. "Hmm? Oh! Yes, that's worth a try. Let's do that. Who wants to play the victim?"

Blog Entries

Dorsard looks totally lost for a moment before deciding to ask.
    "Not myself, Ah don' think. Ah can't act worth a darn, but if the people you're lookin' for recognize you, then Ah guess Ah can do it. Only as a last resort though." He quickly adds.

“Defend the weak, protect both young and old, never desert your friends. Give justice to all, be fearless in battle and always ready to defend the right."

—The law of Badger Lords”
    Brian Jacques, Lord Brocktree

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast