Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Thread: A Dinner Date of Deception

Blog Entries

Dorsard gives the group a quick backward glance as he grabs a full plate of hearty potatoes, bacon and other solid foods. He would need a lot of calories in the coming hours if he had heard right.
    Grabbing a place to sit he quickly begins to go through his options of possible scryers as he scans the dining hall for any students from the multiple divination classes. They usually had something that distinguished them from other students- like a textbook on techniques or a glazed look in their eye from too long on the crystal balls...

Perception-Authentic Forum Dice-roll( d20+6 ) [17]

“Defend the weak, protect both young and old, never desert your friends. Give justice to all, be fearless in battle and always ready to defend the right."

—The law of Badger Lords”
    Brian Jacques, Lord Brocktree

2. Default

At the mention of food, Cat runs from room. Huxley chases her straight to the cafeteria. Having never been confronted with a boo-fay before Huxley takes way too much food, sits near Dosard and starts feeding Cat

The long wooden tables in the main hall are holding a spread of hot breakfast foods -from fragrant porridge to fluffy rice cakes to savory tomato omelettes-, along with a variety of fresh fruits, pots of tea and coffee, and pitchers of orange juice and pomegranate juice. There's also plenty of smoked and pickled fish that a cat might like. The benches are crowded with students enjoying an early breakfast before their classes, but your small group manages to find seats together.

As Dorsard scans the room he sees students chatting, laughing, studying, making last minute addittions to essays, etc. It's hard to tell just from looking at anybody what types of magic they might study. However, he eventually overhears a the tail end of a potentially illuminating conversation between two girls a few tables away.

"-and he said I'd have good luck in the duel and then I did, remember?" a short, blonde girl says earnestly to the brunette beside her.

"Yeah, yeah, I remember," her companion says. "I just don't particularly see how it's relevant to my situation."

"He's a first class diviner, Matilda! First class!"

"But I don't need a first class diviner. All I'm doing is trying to decide if I want to buy a ceru or not."

"Well, Farhad can tell you if it's a good idea!"

"I don't need to consult Farhad about every decision I make."

"I'm not talking every decision. Just big financial decisions."

"I can handle my own finances, Prudence."

"But it wouldn't hurt to get advice from a first class di-"

"I don't care if he's a first class diviiiiiiiner! I don't need any divining!"

"Well, fine. But you should think about it."

"I'm not going to."

"But-!"

"Drop it, Pru."

"Fine. But you should think about it."

Blog Entries

Authentic Forum Dice-rollPerception - (1d20) (17) [17]

OOC:
    Roll to see if Galaga gets to hear some of that hilarious dialogue.
    EDIT: Yay?
    Last edited by Alcazar QZR; 10-06-2019 at 09:42 PM.

Galaga also overhears the conversation about Farhad The First Class Diviner Who You Can Safely Assume Knows Some Divination Spells.

Blog Entries

She coughs to draw attention to herself.
    "Excuse me, I could not help but overhear that, that there's a Farhad that is a First Class Diviner. And I will apologise again while I make my intention of meeting them known, for I need divining for a matter of some urgency. Very legal. Very safe. Manners! Sorry! My name is Galaga." She drinks juice.

Prudence sets down her fork and says, "Oh! You want to see Farhad? He should be in the library. I told him Matilda here would meet him there after breakfast, but as she apparently too smart to need his services-"

Matilda looks like she wants to say something sarcastic in response, but as her mouth is full of omelette she settles for an exaggerated eye roll which her friend ignores.

"I'm sure you can convince him to help you with your urgent, legal, safe matters instead," Prudence continues. "Oh, and my name is Prudence. And this is Matilda."

Blog Entries

"Prudence. Matilda." She bows in her alert, non-committal manner. "My thanks!" She makes eye contact with her classmates and adventure-friends, nods emphatically and walks towards the library with resolute enthusiasm.

Blog Entries

Dorsard follows Galaga and mutters to himself as he walks.
    "Ah wonder if anyone knows anythin' about this Farhad. If we know about him, it'll be easier tah offer him somethin' he wants. Anyone know anythin' like that?"
    He asks.

“Defend the weak, protect both young and old, never desert your friends. Give justice to all, be fearless in battle and always ready to defend the right."

—The law of Badger Lords”
    Brian Jacques, Lord Brocktree

Quote Originally Posted by GhoulRising View Post
    Dorsard follows Galaga and mutters to himself as he walks.
    "Ah wonder if anyone knows anythin' about this Farhad. If we know about him, it'll be easier tah offer him somethin' he wants. Anyone know anythin' like that?"
    He asks.
    (Anybody who wants to can make a Knowledge: Local check to see if you do know anything about Farhad.)

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast