Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: A Dinner Date of Deception

1. Default

Authentic Forum Dice-rollKnowledge Local - (d20+4) (12) [16]

The library is fairly quiet this early in the morning. Giuliano Stefano Inferno Esposito seems to be frantically playing catch-up on homework assignments he put off over the weekend, and you can hear soft footsteps and the ocassional raspy sound of turning pages from somewhere deeper into the shelves.

Lialda spots the boy she recognizes as Farhad fairly quickly. He's seated at one of the small tables near the front of the room, likely to make it easier for Matilda and Prudence to find him. A pack of yellowed old playing cards sits in front of him, as well as a set of dice. Farhad himself is deeply engrossed in one of those Copper Dreadfuls that's been gaining popularity lately. This one is called The Madness of Lady Teresa and the cover bears an inked image of a woman in a wedding gown brandishing a bloody dagger.

Blog Entries

Dorssard nudges Galaga and mutters. "MDo ya think that he uses tha die or tha cards? And what if he wants us tah pay somethin' up front? Ah have a decent amount of gold but Ah'd like tah keep it. "

“Defend the weak, protect both young and old, never desert your friends. Give justice to all, be fearless in battle and always ready to defend the right."

—The law of Badger Lords”
    Brian Jacques, Lord Brocktree

5. Default

A funny moment happens as Huxley chases Cat first into, then out of the Library

6. Default

"He likes cute animals and magical creatures," Lialda says. Her gaze falls on Irfan's eidolon and flickers over to Huxley's cat as well.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dorsard
    nudges Galaga and mutters. "Do ya think that he uses tha die or tha cards? And what if he wants us tah pay somethin' up front? Ah have a decent amount of gold but Ah'd like tah keep it. "
    "Dorsard, please. Let us focus on what is important. If he can scry by inspecting the hot, just-spilled entrails of a pigeon, I would be just as pleased as if he used old bones, or read the clouds or tea leaves... Oh, I would love a cuppa now. Money? We shall trade favours. Cute, magical ones." She wraps a samosa in a napkin and pockets it. "Lialda? Would you go ahead and use your womanly ways to engage in normal, legal, safe conversation?" She suggests.
    Last edited by Alcazar QZR; 10-27-2019 at 11:48 PM.

8. Default

"Um... Sure, Galaga," Lialda says, trying to stifle a giggle. She approaches the diviner. "Hi! Farhad, right? I'm Lialda. I hear you love animals!"

Blog Entries

The samsaran wonders where her familiar, Rurik, might be. "Hmm."

Farhad slowly looks up from his book and stares Lialda in the face with a very solemn expression.

"I do enjoy the company of animals, yes," he says. "I find them to be more faithful and less grating than people. They also are cute. Why do you bring the topic up?"

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast