Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: A Dinner Date of Deception

"Ah, yes, scrying!" Crokoglup says, sopping the last bits of his prawn sauce with a piece of naan. "Do you know how to scry? I don't know how to scry."

Blog Entries

"We do not really need to, boyfriend: I imagine that there must be one or more teachers happy to be our creditors at Laghara." She narrows her eyes. "And that is not despite the fact that we are nearly penniless, but because we are. We can only pay such favour with favours of our own. Mind you, we will probably be ripped off, are you ready to clean literal and metaphorical chamber pots for this?"

"I suppose we could try asking the teachers tomorrow..." Crokoglup says. "But for now it's almost curfew. I suggest we get a good night's rest and continue our investigation in the morning."

Galaga and Crokoglup head back to the school and to the dormitory building. Crokoglup walks her up to the fourth-floor stairway landing, stopping just outside your common room door, and wishes her goodnight before he hops down to the third floor to get to bed.

When Galaga makes her way to her own dorm room she finds it quite crowded. It seems that Dorsard, Irfan, Lialda, and Owl (and Joseline Quickhammer) have been waiting for her to return from her date. Feilim would surely have a heart attack if he was witness to this flagrant display of co-ed bedroom mingling. Good thing he doesn't know about it.

Joseline, clad in a plaid nightgown and lounging on her bed, nearly hits her head on the bunk above her in her haste to sit up when she sees Galaga.

"Oh, you're back!" she cries. "Everybody, Galaga's back!"
    Last edited by RealWittyAlias; 05-18-2019 at 07:19 PM.

6. Default

"Hey, girl! How was it? What was his sister like? Did you have a good time? Did he kiss you good night?!"

Blog Entries

Storytime:

"Kiss? I am afraid I forgot to ask for one. Or to deliver one. Does one deliver kisses? As, you know, a fatal blow. Collocations in Common are sometimes daunting.

His sister can easily be one of the nicest people I have met, if it weren't for her... what's the word? Toxic! Toxic relationship with her brother. That might also explain the general dearth of good night kisses. The toxines, I mean, not the niceness. Last time I saw her sister, she was quite distressed, as someone kidnapped her fiance when he went to the toilet. A rather meek individual, if first impressions tell me anything. That explains why I've brought this mostly-consumed cigarette. I believe that one or more of his captors may have interacted with it, so boyfriend and I were considering doing some scrying on it.

I think I very much like dating. The food was terrific."

The deadpan, for-me-it-is-Tuesday delivery is punctuated by a slight head-wobbling.

8. Default

"Wait... I'm sorry, can you say that again a little slower? Someone got kidnapped?"

Blog Entries

"That's correct, Lialda. My boyfriend's sister's fiancÚ. Would you like to join me in my attempt to know his whereabouts? A hefty ransom has been demanded and we have been warned not to tell authorities - and by that I assume they mean the city guard - or he will lose his life at their hands." To Irfan: "I became Crockoglup's girlfriend by answering to an advertisement looking for a humanoid to pass as a wealthy heiress. And as his girlfriend. To impress his sister. I suppose that that somehow would answer your question, Irfan." She explains, her manner somehow resembling those of an oral presentation for a subject. "Crockoglup is my boyfriend's name. Any other questions before I proceed with my evening, perhaps in your company?"

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast