Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: A Dinner Date of Deception

1. Default

Lialda will examine the floor for that cigarette butt, and look for any other clues as well.

(I believe Galaga picked up the cigarette butt, in case she could find somebody to cast a scrying spell on it. As far as other clues go, please make a Perception check.)

Blog Entries

Galaga snaps her fingers repeatedly to catch the grippli's attention. "Crockoglup, Crockoglup, Crocko, Boyfriend of mine, listen. Can you draw the kidnapper's face? You could describe it in extremely painstaking detail and I may make an attempt. Oooo! I could cast minor illusion and make a human head and then you dictate the changes!" She claps excitedly, albeit with her usual reservation and thoughtful rhythm.

"I only saw him as well as Irfan and Lialda did, but I can try..." Crokoglup says, his voice tinged with doubt. "Hold on a moment, please."

He reaches into the backpack he managed to grab before Galaga dragged him into the city and retrieves a journal and a fountain pen. He flips through pages of notes and sketches of various flora and fauna before landing on an empty page. He sets to drawing and after about ten minutes he produces a fairly good black and white drawing of a young man's slender face. The man has large dark eyes framed with thick eyelashes, a long skinny nose, and narrow lips. He has thick eyebrows and a shiny black ponytail.

Blog Entries

Dorsard gets up on his tiptoes in order to see over the window sill. Seeing the drawing of said kidnapper, he suggests an idea.
    "Could we not ask people if they've seen 'im? Say he's a friend we're worried about or somethin'. Otherwise our window is closin' fast, I think."

“Defend the weak, protect both young and old, never desert your friends. Give justice to all, be fearless in battle and always ready to defend the right."

—The law of Badger Lords”
    Brian Jacques, Lord Brocktree

Blog Entries

Galaga massages her temples. "Right, right, right. We have a face. Great work, my boyfriend. Now how do we ask people without alerting anyone? I'd be quite paranoid if I had just kidnapped a person and suddenly a 'friend' wants to see me or I just allegedly come into inheritance money. Should we impersonate him? Should we... Hmm. What to do? What to do? We need to scry on him. I do not see any other way to find him and Riibiiiirii."

Despite her feverish thinking, she does look out of her element.

(We have one person wanting to show the picture around, and one person who wants to try to scry the kidnappers. Any votes for either option, or any other ideas, or anybody who wants to try both?)

8. Default

(Both is good!) Authentic Forum Dice-rollperception for other clues - (d20+5) (12) [17]

Blog Entries

(Both!)

Lialda
    Something catches your eye over by the towel rack. It's full of fluffy white hand-towels, with a small (and currently empty) laundry basket beside it. It seems normal enough... but you spot a corner of white paper sticking out from under the basket. Upon pulling it out and examining it, you find a crumpled sign reading "Kindly place your soiled towels in the basket for cleaning. Thank you." Somebody seems to have shoved it under the hamper for some reason. You notice a little red smudge on it -perhaps a partial fingerprint, but a very blurry one- that smells faintly of... clothing dye?

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast