Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Caged Carbuncle

Charles looks down at the crate for a few seconds. He turns his attention back to you. He stares into your eyes and you feel that he feels a desire for freedom...

(Roll a DC11 Will save, please.)

Authentic Forum Dice-rollOwl Will - (1d20+4) [19]

"Come on, Charles. Into the crate. Or am I going to have to pick you up?" Owl waits a few beats, then starts to reach for the carbuncle.
    Last edited by shadowthebard; 09-18-2018 at 02:14 AM.

------------
    Usually online 8 a.m. - midnight CST

Authentic Forum Dice-rollHandle Animal - (1d20) [6]

------------

Charlie gives you what might just be the most surly look a reptile has ever given a person, but he allows you to pick him up. As you pull him from the branch and his body is revealed, you see that he's a small carbuncle, only about a foot and a half long. His lets his tail hang limply behind him as you hold him. He's giving off a disgruntled aura, both with his psychic emissions and his general demeanor.

Owl places Charlie in his crate and secures the door. "I'll work as fast as I can, Charles," she says as she moves the crate outside the enclosure, then gets to work with the cleaning.

------------

The surly carbuncle curls up in the crate, allowing you to get to work. It only takes you about ten minutes to locate all the waste pellets and dispose of them. As you're throwing away the last bits of carbuncle poop, you hear a rasping, choking sound and feel waves of panic emanating from Charlie's crate outside.

Owl quickly opens the enclosure, grabs the crate, brings it into the enclosure, secures the door, then checks on Charles. She doesn't know if he is smart enough to try tricking her, and she hopes that the few extra seconds will not make a difference if he truly is in distress.

------------

Charles continues wheezing and choking. As you bring the crate into the cage you can feel him thrashing around. You open the crate and see him laying on his back, eyes closed. He lets out one last rasping breath, shudders, and falls still... for about two seconds. He opens his eyes and looks up at the ceiling of the cage. He narrows his eyes at you and gives off a wave of disgruntled energy. So disgruntled, in fact, that it may very well be impossible to ever make him gruntled again.

Owl chuckles. "Very well played, Charles." She closes the crate back up and puts it outside the enclosure so she can finish up the cleaning. "I'm almost done with the cleaning, so you'll be out of the crate soon. Next time I'll bring you a treat, if I can."

------------

With Charlie safely in the crate and the waste pellets cleaned up, the only thing left to do is clean and refill the small pond in the cage. Dr. Bianchi's Patent Pending Water Removing Device is still sitting outside the cage. You notice that it has wheels on the bottom, making it mobile. The back has a large circular blue button, a large square green button, and a little red triangular button.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast