Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
Results 121 to 129 of 129

Thread: Act 3: Scene 2a- Wrench in the War Machine

  1. #121

    Default

    As the fight continues, a high-speed projectile shrieks through the sky and hits you dead in the chest. However, instead of sending your guts spilling, the object in question clings to you, crawling over your skin and giving it a hardness that exceeds your body armor even as it bursts out of it. It's not a comfortable feeling- far from it. The closest approximation you can make is ice crawling through your veins, freezing them in place. Once you regain your regular heart rate, it feels like part of your body- if your body were granite marbled with silicon.

    Your only context for this strange occurrence is the words "Consider this a gift for an invaded world."

    Sadiyah
    :
    Investigator 3- Athelos Rising


  2. #122
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Arkansas, Central Time
    Posts
    2,620
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Perseus stops in shock as he feels the strange sensation coursing through his body. Not having time to process what just happened he swings wildly at the hardlight creator in order to give himself some time to get back on his feet (mentally).







    Perseus: Miles Rigas
    Plot Points: 4
    Stress: none
    Next Up: Watcher
    Last edited by GhoulRising; 05-30-2019 at 04:05 AM.


    “Defend the weak, protect both young and old, never desert your friends. Give justice to all, be fearless in battle and always ready to defend the right."

    —The law of Badger Lords”
    Brian Jacques, Lord Brocktree

  3. #123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GhoulRising View Post
    Perseus stops in shock as he feels the strange sensation coursing through his body. Not having time to process what just happened he swings wildly at the hardlight creator in order to give himself some time to get back on his feet (mentally).




    Perseus: Miles Rigas
    Plot Points: 4
    Stress: none
    Next Up: Watcher
    The Secuirty Six are distracted by this sudden change of appearance, and the hardlight generator in particular hesitates out of confusion, dropping his craftes for a fraction of a second to get a good look at your new form. "What the hell kind of mutation is that? Is that magic? Are you some kind of wizard?"

    The shot gets him upside the head, scraping his forehead in a bleeding cut and causing him to tilt to the side. His eyes whirl in a hopeless attempt to re-orient before closing. "Okay, definitely wizard..."
    After about fifteen seconds, he looks up, groans, and then decides to stay down.

    The remainder of the Security Six fights on, though they're becoming increasingly outnumbered. That is, until Celsius Conductor gets a message in his ear from some or other higher up. His reaction is one of total disbelief. A quick argument with the comm-linker and he calls on his allies. "Fall back! Fall back! We've... We've lost."

    Doom Pool: 1d6+1d10
    Scene Distinctions: Malfunctioning Majority, Cutting-Edge Facility, Fort City, Security Six, Harpoon Seeks Good Home
    Next Up: Perseus
    Opportunities: 2

    Questions to Answer: The Security Six have lost their leadership. When/if you round them up, where do you intend to take them? At least one is badly injured.
    How do you intend to investigate your new power?
    Last edited by DarkisnotEvil; 06-02-2019 at 06:31 AM.

    Sadiyah
    :
    Investigator 3- Athelos Rising


  4. #124
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Arkansas, Central Time
    Posts
    2,620
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Perseus quickly strides forward, over the hardlight crafter and calls out.
    "Since you know you've lost lay down your arms and you will be dealt with fairly and humanely! Run away and none of that can be promised!"
    He stays on his feet, although still slightly out of it due to the random thing embedding itself in his chest, and looks over to the others.
    "Do we have any contact with the other team? Anything to explain what they mean by 'we've lost?'"


    “Defend the weak, protect both young and old, never desert your friends. Give justice to all, be fearless in battle and always ready to defend the right."

    —The law of Badger Lords”
    Brian Jacques, Lord Brocktree

  5. #125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GhoulRising View Post
    Perseus quickly strides forward, over the hardlight crafter and calls out.
    "Since you know you've lost lay down your arms and you will be dealt with fairly and humanely! Run away and none of that can be promised!"
    He stays on his feet, although still slightly out of it due to the random thing embedding itself in his chest, and looks over to the others.
    "Do we have any contact with the other team? Anything to explain what they mean by 'we've lost?'"
    Security Six's armored ally holds up its hands, and the group's giant takes a knee, angry at his fellows surrendering but realizing he can't disagree. He grabs the retreating and protesting Conductor, puts him on his shoulder, and carefully picks up Guardian for inspection, making sure to cradle her head and ensure the damage isn't related to head or back injuries. "Our allies get medical attention, at the least. We're law enforcement, not mere thugs."

    "I'll make sure of it," Rosebud whispers, quietly bandaging the wound by constructing a living fiber cloth.

    Lady Liberty sends for information over radio immediately. What she learns prompts her to stand up straight and address you firmly. "Supreme Force has vanished in battle. As far as we know, he's gone for good." She is obviously disappointed she wasn't present to see it, but gets over it quickly. "It's an important step, but it's not the end. Lovecraft is still unaccounted for, and if anyone would know how to restore Supreme, he could craft the tool for it. More than that, there will be Regime sympathizers- people who benefited from Supreme's ever-hanging fist. To misuse some metaphors, catching the big fish opened up a whole new can of worms."

    Galiena arrives on the scene soon afterwards, and her embarrassed expression displays conflict on your new status as part-stone. When said stone retracts into concealment and leaves you with the appearance and touch of your original flesh, she seems much more amicable to it. "Um... Would you like to explain?" she asks, eagerly awaiting some kind of answer. "I didn't know your mutation was so extensive."

    Sadiyah
    :
    Investigator 3- Athelos Rising


  6. #126
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Arkansas, Central Time
    Posts
    2,620
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Perseus stares at Lady Liberty and her news before deflating.
    "That's...great! Fantastic! and I did nothing. Great...." He gets a look on his face saying he'll become very acquainted with several bottles of hard liquor that evening.

    The young man looks over at Galiena and her excitement before shrugging.
    "I have as much clue as you do. All I know is that I was fighting, this chest thing" He points to the rock like texture over his heart. "Flew out of no where and impaled me, and I got a voice in my head saying it was a gift for an invaded world. That's all I got." He pokes it a few more times before looking up again.
    "I hope this doesn't affect my mutation. Who knows what would happen then?"


    “Defend the weak, protect both young and old, never desert your friends. Give justice to all, be fearless in battle and always ready to defend the right."

    —The law of Badger Lords”
    Brian Jacques, Lord Brocktree

  7. #127

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GhoulRising View Post
    Perseus stares at Lady Liberty and her news before deflating.
    "That's...great! Fantastic! and I did nothing. Great...." He gets a look on his face saying he'll become very acquainted with several bottles of hard liquor that evening.

    The young man looks over at Galiena and her excitement before shrugging.
    "I have as much clue as you do. All I know is that I was fighting, this chest thing" He points to the rock like texture over his heart. "Flew out of no where and impaled me, and I got a voice in my head saying it was a gift for an invaded world. That's all I got." He pokes it a few more times before looking up again.
    "I hope this doesn't affect my mutation. Who knows what would happen then?"
    "I haven't a clue," she admits. "At least it seems to be stable for now. Maybe you should get one of the magicians to look at it." Galiena attempts to comfort you, putting her hands behind her back and turning away. "I know you personally wanted to stop Supreme. I'm not much good in a fight. By all means, I'm not supposed to be important. But I know I'm still valuable. And I think you're valuable, too." She coughs and straightens out her clothing, adding, "Don't let it go to your head, okay?" She blinks a few of the injured away, one by one.

    "I think that you're soon going to become more important whether you like it or not," Rosebud adds, guarding those Regime members that have surrendered but aren't injured. "Mutants are going to be looked at hard, now that Supreme's out of power. People know what metahumans can do. They may be afraid of us."

    Lady Liberty's heart sinks at the thought. "Yes. The cause of justice is endless. There's always going to be something to fix. Hearts to convince."

    "Then there will always be heroes," Doomsayer says, before grumbling, "Fuck you guys, I can't always be the downer here."

    [End Scene]
    Feel free to head over to the other thread- unless you want to spend a little time with Galiena or one of the other Champions.

    Sadiyah
    :
    Investigator 3- Athelos Rising


  8. #128
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Arkansas, Central Time
    Posts
    2,620
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    (of course i want to spend time with best girl. just a little though, then i'll join the party.)

    Perseus straightens and turns to speak but Galiena is already gone, teleporting away the injured. He stares for a moment before grinning.
    "With a girl like that, how could I not?"

    "But you sure can try to be!" Perseus retorts to Doomsayer. "If the governments try to do something like have us get mutant IDs, I'm out. That's too restrictive. But if they want to know who is and who isn't, then that MIGHT work. After all, you want to know if someone can mind control their neighbor right? Seems like important information to have."

    After speaking to the others the young man waits until they have all been teleported out to safety before talking to Galiena alone.
    "Soooo...now that Supreme's been dealt with, the looming threat of apocalypse is gone, and the chance we might have some free time in the future being a thing, what are your thoughts about grabbing something to eat? Or going on a picnic?" He thinks for a moment. "....bowling?"


    “Defend the weak, protect both young and old, never desert your friends. Give justice to all, be fearless in battle and always ready to defend the right."

    —The law of Badger Lords”
    Brian Jacques, Lord Brocktree

  9. #129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GhoulRising View Post
    (of course i want to spend time with best girl. just a little though, then i'll join the party.)

    Perseus straightens and turns to speak but Galiena is already gone, teleporting away the injured. He stares for a moment before grinning.
    "With a girl like that, how could I not?"

    "But you sure can try to be!" Perseus retorts to Doomsayer. "If the governments try to do something like have us get mutant IDs, I'm out. That's too restrictive. But if they want to know who is and who isn't, then that MIGHT work. After all, you want to know if someone can mind control their neighbor right? Seems like important information to have."

    After speaking to the others the young man waits until they have all been teleported out to safety before talking to Galiena alone.
    "Soooo...now that Supreme's been dealt with, the looming threat of apocalypse is gone, and the chance we might have some free time in the future being a thing, what are your thoughts about grabbing something to eat? Or going on a picnic?" He thinks for a moment. "....bowling?"
    Doomsayer shrugs his shoulders. "It's a topic people are never gonna agree on- and those that don't agree will be powerful. Good luck getting Dynamo to answer to any government."

    "I don't think I've ever been bowling," Galiena admits sheepishly. "It's not something that's ever come up in my family. It would be nice to unwind somewhat." She looks down the road. "It's strange, you know. I've never really known a life outside the Regime's reach. It feels unreal. But I guess bowling is a good start to get in touch with this new reality," the young woman says, turning and prompting you to give a direction. "Do you have a place you like to go? You'll probably have to teach me how to play."

    She offers you a hand and prepares to teleport you both somewhere where you can spend some time simply enjoying life.
    [END SCENE]

    Sadiyah
    :
    Investigator 3- Athelos Rising


Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •