Thread: The Ram's Chosen 3.5 PtP

Default The Ram's Chosen 3.5 PtP

Friday nights *pm central Try before you buy! Session 0 will be free for players so they can see if they want to stick around. $5 a session
    Welcome to the world of Io. It is unknown how the planet got its name; some say it was a homage to the Ninefold Dragon, while others say the name was just one out of many chosen when the time came to name the planet. Nobody knows for sure, but it's not a subject that often comes up; it is a name that everyone has gotten used to and grown to love.
    The world consists of six kingdoms in a high fantasy setting, each with their quirks and laws. Your party starts in the Kingdom of Mesarthim, currently under the rule of Edana V. Mesarthim has enjoyed prosperity for 500 years after their war against the Tyranny of Thule. However, the two nations are warring once more and many have felt the outbreak of war. The battle has taken place over the sea or Thule lands, so the majority of the population has not seen any bloodshed.
    The town of Icaria is having their annual Festival of the Land to celebrate their abundance with food and drink. You have been employed by Constable Janice to work undercover and look for any suspicious activity during the Festival. While she believes petty crime is the worst anyone should expect, the constable believes that having eyes everywhere will ensure the Festival is a success. This perhaps isn't the best job you've ever had but that night will mark the day your lives change forever.
    -Payment, scheduling, and what have ye-
    I will create a Discord group specifically for this campaign. It is there that we will (privately) exchange PayPal information, while the public server will be used for voice chat, memes, and a means to stay in touch. I'll send reminders throughout each week to see if anyone can make the next session or not. As for payment, be sure it's made before the next session or else you won't be able to participate. If you need to make arrangements of any sort, I'm here for you. I expect courtesy from my players, just as you would (and should) expect the same from your DM. Just be as sure as you can possibly be that you can make it to the session before you pay up. I can do refunds, no problem, if you miss the session, but I'd rather avoid having to make them if it can be helped.
    Session 0 will have a mixture of everything. We'll use that day to learn about the lore, your characters, Roll20 stuff, and actually playing. Sessions with me tend to last a minimum of 2 hours, 3 hours max. I tend to write down notes, and reveal useful information for you guys to read at your leisure. As for later sessions, if you have to leave before the first hour is up, I'll give you a refund. If I have to leave before the minimum of two hours is up, I'll give the entire group a refund.
    -Pay to Play - Why should I pay you, DM dood?-
    An excellent question, indeed. Who am I? I don't really like giving out my name to people I just meet, though if we bond throughout the course of the campaign I'll be happy to answer most questions about myself. For now, call me Antares. I've been playing D&D since July of 2016 and Pathfinder since January 2017. I've been in the DM game since then, though admittedly I'm a slow learner. I haven't had the chance to experience EVERYTHING the game has to offer; people call out a lot and sometimes the session just can't proceed. The many sessions I have played, however, have helped evolve my DM style. In my early days, I'd be miffed if players didn't do things my way. But now, I realize that this isn't about me. It's about YOU, the players. The story is about you, after all. Will you achieve your goals? Or will you die horribly on the way out of the tavern? The choice isn't yours, sadly; nor mine; it all falls on your skill, cunning, and the almighty d20.
    I've seen the prices for sessions from other DMs so I truly believe $5 from each of you per session is a good deal, given that I'm not as experienced as veteran players and DMs alike but will still try to work with you. I have a Plus subscription so, hey, at least we get Dynamic Lighting.
    -What to expect?-

1. References. There are characters and places I came up on my own, then there are others that came from something. It happens.
    2. "Dat weeb s***". Or how people refer to anime. Some things were inspired by it, and while I will not throw in anything incredibly weird, this also falls under #1. It happens.
    3. A mixture of combat and roleplay and personally I believe both are necessary in any campaign. Want to run for mayor and throw the old one out? Probably takes several sessions of pure roleplay. Want to do bounty hunts? Check your local tavern and have fun. Want to take on the 100 monster challenge? Expect nothing but combat for a while. (Threw that last one as a joke but you know what I mean, eh?)
    4. This campaign can eventually become a sandbox one. If you have no time sensitive quests, you can pretty much do whatever you want. Expand on your backstory, add some drama, or just do something crazy.
    5. Colorful NPCs. Some NPCs are what you typically expect: your average Joe, Dick, or Tom trying their best to live life day in and day out. Others have stories to tell. And some potential allies and enemies, too.
    6. I'm throwing away the Leadership feat and in exchange you can potentially recruit NPC allies to your cause. This is a chance for roleplay and allow you to create another sheet (if you so desire) for something that you have wanted to play. In the case of NPCs, there are quite a handful that would be happy to help you if you have taken some time (and sometimes even risks) to help them. Keep in mind alignment comes into play here, and no good person would happily help you slaughter a village, for example.

-What I need from YOU-
    What I need from you is to have a PayPal account, a Discord account, and some basic information about your style. Do you prefer number crunching and fight nonstop? Do you like detailed roleplay? Or do you prefer a healthy mixture of both?
    Every game I started on Roll20 didn't have a session 0; I simply invited my players to the game, gave them a blank sheet, and sent them on their way. This time, however, players will be invited to the game but will not be given a sheet until game day. Feel free to discuss character concepts, potential builds, background stories, and the like on the Discord text chat. However, the final decision will be made during game time, where we'll discuss this in the voice chat. Session 0 will be used to familiarize ourselves with our play styles and each other, and the major decision to stay or leave without having to pay a cent.
    Characters will start at 1st level. My plan is to advance you all to epic levels, or as close to them as I can.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We just completed session 0. We currently have 2 players and a GM. Looking for 2 to 3 more. Characters are Gesalt and 32 point build. The GM is pretty relaxed all races/classes allowed, no lvl adjustment races. We currently have a Wiz/Monk, Beguiler/Ranger, and a Cleric/Fighter.(I am currently playing 2 characters till enough people join.)
    Last edited by tohem; 08-05-2018 at 06:59 PM.

tohem,

Quote Originally Posted by Recruiting Office Rules View Post
    On Paid Games

A GM advertising on Tangled Web may charge their players for games. However, unless explicitly stated by the thread creator and verified by a Tangled Web Moderator or Administrator, The Tangled Web is in no way affiliated with games that charge their players. In addition, The Tangled Web requires that the GM conducts their transactions using reputable services that have mediation and refund protocols, such as PayPal. If there are complaints that a GM has not run a game nor given out a refund after being paid, The Tangled Web reserves the right to prohibit that particular GM from advertising paid games on The Tangled Web again. It is up to the particular GM how much they charge for their game and it must be stated clearly in the first post of a thread.
    Emphasis mine. It's a little buried toward the end of the gray text.

Drew, I am not sure what you are saying. The post seems to fit all criteria. No statements of affilation, Using Paypal, and the cost is $5. Are you asking me to highlight the cost and paypal? I did tag the thread as Pay to Play.

Yes, just post the cost clearly and upfront and then you're good. Right now it's at the end of the big block of gray and is almost missable in there.

Closing.