Thread: Crusade for Miriba D&D 5E

Blog Entries

Default Crusade for Miriba D&D 5E

I bring forth another running of my own campaign. the campaign is completely homebrew. While I do have a running on PbP, I am choosing to make this more of a IRL game which will take place via discord as voice/webcam gaming. This is more to get a better vibe from folks in role playing and to have a quicker paced game. I will have room for 4 people to join in. I will make the decision on which 4 apps are accepted. This will be a high lvl game so expect your characters to hit max lvl..... if you survive! (insert evil laugh).

Gameplay: via discord or other similar platform that others are comfortable with.
    # of players: 4
    Game version: D&D 5e
    When: Game will either be a monday or wednesday. time will be worked out with the group, but to start will be in afternoon and then will shift to morning time. All time is in PST.
    Stats: 4d6rb3
    Health: Max for lvl 1
    Gold: Starting max
    Story:
    Prologue

There is a King who has ruthlessly seized power in the kingdom of Miriba. The former King of Miriba, Haldrek Thesius, was a beloved ruler by his people, as well as the world. However, Baelron Kalidor, his closest advisor, plotted to over throw the beloved king and rule with an iron fist across the lands. Kalidor plotted behind the Kings back and turned all of his allies against him with the promises of riches if they bowed to him as the true King of the land. During the Solstice celebration in Miriba, King Thesius began making a joyous announcement of the birth of a son. Before he could announce the birth, Kalidor ran him through with a sword through his back. With the crowd in shock Kalidor threw the lifeless body of the beloved King from the castle and into the streets. The people cried and screamed for the guard to arrest Kalidor for his treason. With the guard in his pocket they instead drew their weapons on the people and threatened their lives if they resisted. Kalidor then took the crown and placed it on his head and addressed the people as the new King of Miriba. During the madness of the events of the Solstice, Queen Variel, escaped away to the catacombs with her son and a small group of truly loyal knights. The knights vowed an oath to the Queen that they would keep her and the Prince safe from harm. The group made their escape and fled the city in the chaos. Kalidor declared the Queen and those who aided her fugitives of Miriba, and placed a bounty of one million gold for their heads. In the following months after the Solstice Festival massacre, Kalidor turned his sights to the neighboring kingdoms and invaded them with the full strength of Miriba. The once peaceful nation had now become a juggernaut of destruction as they took over the land. Killing all kings and installing loyal stewards to Kalidor in their stead. With Kalidor's rule expanding, the Queen and her Knights took refuge in the great forest of Alsterad. Many people refuse to enter the forest believing it to be a cursed land. Traveling deep into the forest the group discovered a drastic change in the seasons. As they entered a glade the grass went from green to white. They glade they had entered was in a permanent winter. Instead of finding death, the Queen found life as this glade was the home of Tolrand Richt, King of the Winterhaven Elves. The group was met by a small contingent of Winterhaven Elves. They lead the group into the great hall. Seated on the throne was a man who stood up and greeted the group. Queen Variel moved towards King Richt.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen Variel
    Father!
    Quote Originally Posted by King Tolrand
    My daughter. It has been far too long.
    The Knights look at each other confused at the news that has been brought to light. Suddenly a bright light flashes in the room and the Queens appearance has changed. Her ears now pointed as she revealed her true form as an Elf.

You are just as beautiful as the day you left with Thesius. He was a good man and will surely be missed by all in the realm.
    King Tolrand turns towards the Knights.

I believe an explanation is owed. Years ago, during his travels, King Haldrek entered our woods with the purpose of finding the fabled Blade of Alsterad. Whilst in the woods Haldrek and his men were attacked. A patrol unit found him wounded in the woods and brought him back to the castle where he was treated for his wounds. During his time here, I could tell that he was unlike any man I have met before. He spoke of peace and prosperity throughout the land. He desired to forge a peace with us. We Winterhaven Elves have remained in solitude for centuries within the forest. Due to the lore and rumors of the forest being cursed it became the perfect hiding place for my kin as our enemies would desire nothing else than to have us erased from this land. Haldrek swore to me that if there was peace in this land he would never allow our enemies to succeed in eliminating my kin. Thus we forged a peace. The kingdom however was still far too dangerous for us to reveal our existence. Haldrek understood this and promised that he would not reveal our location to anyone. To honor our truce and to seal our kingdoms as one, I offered Haldrek my only daughters hand in marriage. We used magic to disguise her heritage so that none would ever attempt to use her to find us. Words can not express how grateful I am that you have brought her home and rescued her from the horrors that occurred in Miriba. As a thank you, I offer you sanctuary in Winterhaven. You are free to stay as long as you wish.
    The knights thank King Tolrand for his offer, but respectfully decline. They explain that they have sworn an oath to King Haldrek to protect the Kingdom and must honor that oath. They further explain that they will be setting forth on a journey to exact revenge on Kalidor for his treason and bring peace back to the land.

This is the prologue. Do you have what it takes to save all of Estaria?
    Last edited by Sleepius; 07-25-2018 at 01:21 AM.

Hey Sleepius! This looks and sounds pretty fantastic, I must admit. Unfortunately for me, I can't swing RL/time sensitive games; that's why PbP works so well for me. So good luck with recruitment here, but if you end up needing an extra body in your PbP game, shoot me a PM and I'd be happy to hop in and help with whatever role is needed

Blog Entries

Closing.