Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: OoTa OOC Chatter: Chapter 5

Quote Originally Posted by Matthan View Post
    Okay, I hope that I'm not offending folks here, but I tried looking over sheets to see where the armor would be best used.

Mal's sheet is still from when skyvalker was playing him, but he has a level of barbarian for unarmored defense. His AC with no armor is 19 (10+4 dex +5 con). The leather armor would actually be a downgrade for him. He also has some kind of boon that gives him +1 to AC and saves (20). He's an incredible tank.

I think the biggest net gain for the armor would be either Shuushar or Jimjar.

Jimjar's AC is 15 (leather armor +4 dex). Putting on the armor would put him up to AC 18. That's a pretty big jump, but Jimjar does focus on range.

Shuushar is in a similar boat with a 13 AC (leather +2 dex). The armor would boost him to 16. He's ranged, but he's also our main healer. I quite like being selfish and hoarding magic items, but it might be best put to use in keeping our healer alive.

The +2 shortsword is no good for Mal since he uses Great Weapon Master. Jimjar has Crossbow Expert so he uses his crossbow no matter what. I think Eldeth or Nyx would probably be the best home for that.
    Thanks for reminding me to update the Campaign Log with PC sheets. That has been done. I'm woefully behind on updating it in general, though it's not intended to all be on me. You're all free to add things to it that you encounter and learn about to keep as a reference.

Come join us on Discord!

I won't turn it down...but I can't vote for Shuushar to get the rod and the best armor. He generally stands way back, so why don't we give him the rod and let Jimjar or a melee fighter get that AC boost?

Default OoTa OOC Chatter: Chapter 5

Which rod? The tentacle rod or the rod of the pact keeper?

Come join us on Discord!

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-thalun View Post
    Wow. That is, indeed, a very, very full life! I'd hate to see you go - I do so love a good cowardly PC, as they're a rarity in DnD - but I would understand if you had to.
    Yeah... I'm just glad we've had a campaign that forces him to be active, cowardly is typically far from heroic.

Also, Theander is good for items. He's not really proficient with any of the weapons/armor unfortunately (and his spells are better for him anyways).

That seems fair. Shuushar gets the rod of the pact keeper, Jimjar gets the armor, Theander gets the spell scrolls, Nyx gets either the shortsword or the tentacle rod (whenever we figure out what it does), we rock-paper-scissors for who holds the bag. Mal needs some love, but we need to find something that will benefit him. He needs a big magical weapon. Maybe we can pool our resources and get something in the next city.

Does that work for everyone?

You'll figure it out through short rest identification soon enough. Here's the stats on the tentacle rod.

Made by the drow, this rod is a magic weapon that ends in three rubbery tentacles. While holding the rod, you can use an action to direct each tentacle to attack a creature you can see within 15 feet of you. Each tentacle makes a melee attack roll with a +9 bonus. On a hit, the tentacle deals 1d6 bludgeoning damage. If you hit a target with all three tentacles, it must make a DC 15 Constitution saving throw. On a failure, the creature's speed is halved, it has disadvantage on Dexterity saving throws, and it can't use reactions for 1 minute. Moreover, on each of its turns, it can take either an action or a bonus action, but not both. At the end of each of its turns, it can repeat the saving throw, ending the effect on itself on a success.

The rod does require attunement, but that shouldn't be an issue yet.
    Last edited by Rellott; 08-07-2018 at 12:11 PM.

Come join us on Discord!

Apologies: I was out of broadcast depth over the weekend. I thought I had posted a message saying I'd be away.

Also, I've got a +1 greataxe, so unless we find something better, he's good on big weapons. It's weird that he doesn't carry a backup of any sort, but that can be fixed in the future.

That tentacle rod is nice. 3 attacks with a +9 to hit. Potential 3d6 damage at 15' range. I have two thoughts for that. First, that's not a bad option for Theander. It allows him to keep some distance and has a higher attack bonus and damage potential than a cantrip. It could be a good back up for him. However, 15' might still be closer than Theander prefers. Second option would be Eldeth. I don't know her stats, but there's a chance that the tentacle rod would be an overall boost to her.

No one has jumped for the bag of holding so I'll have Jimjar hold onto that as party supplies. It might come in handy if I'm sneaking ahead and need to bring something back.

So the distribution at the moment is:
    Nyx - +2 shortsword
    Theander - scroll of remove curse, scroll of spider climb
    Shuushar - rod of the pact keeper +1
    Jimjar - +2 studded leather armor and bag of holding
    (Tentacle rod - Eldeth or Theander if he wants it)

Jimjar is bringing back some money, but he also had some from earlier.
    400 gp 320 sp. Dividing it evenly.
    Without including Eldeth - 80 gp and 64 sp for each person
    If including Eldeth - 66 gp and 60 sp for each person (gold doesn't split evenly so 4 gold downgraded to 40 silver to help distribution)
    If including Eldeth and Derendil (does a polymorphed elven prince need money?) - 57 gp and 47 silver (gold doesn't split evenly so 1 gold downgraded to silver; 1 silver goes in a party fund)

I'm personally a fan of the first distribution, but it's up to the group.

Rellott, is it okay for me to have Jimjar make it back safely so we can start handing out all this stuff or should I wait for you to make a post with the devil telling Nyx it's done?

Ok, I'm adding the rod of the pact keeper +1 to my sheet and adding in that +1 to spell attack and save DC totals. Pretty sweet little deal for my warlock.

Oh, I'd add the option of Malbacco getting the tentacle rod, only because it'd give him a ranged option, even if that range is only 15 feet. Just a thought.

Default OoTa OOC Chatter: Chapter 5

There was never an official stipulation that the devil would come back. Someone mentioned it, but it was not in Nyxís stated agreement, and that is word for word what the devil will go by. He said wait an hour then do whatever you want. Heís not coming back, so you can go ahead and post your return.
    Last edited by Rellott; 08-08-2018 at 03:19 AM.

Come join us on Discord!

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast