Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: OoTa OOC Chatter: Chapter 5

Does anyone need any equipment? I’ll grab the coins, the rod, and a few of the other items, but is there something specific that Jimjar would know to look for? Armor?

Nyx would gladly take a +1 shortsword and crossbow, as well as any extra ammo to act as a reload.

Shuushar, being the newest PC and with no need for melee stuff, won't worry about any loot unless you all happen to come across a CHA-boosting item for his warlock-y-ness

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-thalun View Post
    Shuushar, being the newest PC and with no need for melee stuff, won't worry about any loot unless you all happen to come across a CHA-boosting item for his warlock-y-ness
    The tentacle rod might be good for him, but the group just found a rod of the pact keeper in Neverlight off of Asha's corpse. Dunno if you've equipped that or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Rellott View Post
    Jimjar finds something of a trove of items. He find's Anka's rod, which she had shared with you all was magical over the course of your trip. (Rod of the Pact Keeper +1)
    He also finds some unnaturally clean studded leather armor (+2... the "unnaturally clean" part is just to show magic ability) and weapon (+2 short sword). Another person seems to have had a Bag of Holding, which contains two spell scrolls: Remove Curse and Spider Climb. Finally, there is a pile of probably-still-good rations (40 days worth) and money (320sp).
    Last edited by Rellott; 08-05-2018 at 08:09 PM.

Come join us on Discord!

Whoa, I completely forgot all of that. We need to divide that up.

Rod goes to Shuushar, of course.

Studded Leather +2? Jimjar wears light armor. Who else?

Bag of Holding? That's party loot really, but who wants to hold onto it?

Scrolls would go to Theander, right?

There are 5 of us, right? Nyx, Mal, Theander, Shu, and Jim? When Jimjar gets back, that'll divide to 80 gp each.

And Eldeth and Derendil. They might be NPCs, but they're party members.

Also, Nyx wears light armor. Malbocco does, too, but I'm not sure if that's by choice or by class feature necessity. There are enough drowcraft studded leathers for everyone to get one in the devil's carnage, but only one +2 studded leather that you found in Neverlight.
    Last edited by Rellott; 08-05-2018 at 09:07 PM.

Come join us on Discord!

Nyx has Mage Armor, but the +2 is indeed an upgrade for her by 1 AC. I'd be willing to toss it at Mal since Nyx is more often fighting at range, though.

Nyx will definitely snag a +1 shortsword and +1 crossbow though, so adding that to my inventory. the +2 shortsword should go to someone more likely to get into melee. The Bag of Holding is pretty much for everyone, so I wouldn't worry about that.

Okay, I hope that I'm not offending folks here, but I tried looking over sheets to see where the armor would be best used.

Mal's sheet is still from when skyvalker was playing him, but he has a level of barbarian for unarmored defense. His AC with no armor is 19 (10+4 dex +5 con). The leather armor would actually be a downgrade for him. He also has some kind of boon that gives him +1 to AC and saves (20). He's an incredible tank.

I think the biggest net gain for the armor would be either Shuushar or Jimjar.

Jimjar's AC is 15 (leather armor +4 dex). Putting on the armor would put him up to AC 18. That's a pretty big jump, but Jimjar does focus on range.

Shuushar is in a similar boat with a 13 AC (leather +2 dex). The armor would boost him to 16. He's ranged, but he's also our main healer. I quite like being selfish and hoarding magic items, but it might be best put to use in keeping our healer alive.

The +2 shortsword is no good for Mal since he uses Great Weapon Master. Jimjar has Crossbow Expert so he uses his crossbow no matter what. I think Eldeth or Nyx would probably be the best home for that.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast