Page 107 of 107 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1070

Thread: OOTA Chapter 5: Vorpal Sword in Hand

  1. #1061
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    5,756

    Default

    It's also sealed shut. Malbocco can try to pry it open with the crowbar, or Shuushar can blast it open.



    Come join us on Discord!

  2. #1062

    Default

    Malbocco says, "Let me try first."

    OOC:
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollAthletics with Crowbar - (2d20+9) (14, 15) [38]
    EDIT: Arg... sorry. Both got syntax wrong and my modifier (8, not 9)

    So 23?
    Last edited by LordFluffy; 02-24-2020 at 02:12 PM.

  3. #1063

    Default

    "Let'shh shhee if that doeshh it," the kuo-toa commented as Malbocco strained.



  4. #1064
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    5,756

    Default

    It does indeed work, but you almost immediately regret your success as three undead creatures immediately set upon you. Each one appears more or less humanoid, but has mottled, decaying flesh drawn tight across clearly visible bones. They are mostly hairless, have a carnivore’s sharp teeth and jagged claws, and have eyes that burn like hot coals in their sunken sockets.

    Unless you have a feature or reason to otherwise not be, you are surprised. Roll initiative!

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollghast init - (1d20+3) [13]

    One of them rushes into the gap between the door and Malbocco, exiting into the hall and clawing at Malbocco. Another enters the doorway and claws at Mabocco. The third scrabbles over its allies and tries to tackle Malbocco.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollclaw - (1d20+5) [25] , Authentic Forum Dice-rollslashing - (2d6+3) [7] , and you must succeed on a DC 10 Constitution saving throw or be paralyzed for 1 minute. Additional crit damage rolled below.
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollclaw - (1d20+5) [23] , Authentic Forum Dice-rollslashing - (2d6+3) [12] , and you must succeed on a DC 10 Constitution saving throw or be paralyzed for 1 minute.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollathletics to shove - (1d20+3) [14]

    If you aren't surprised, you can take your turns for the surprise round. Otherwise, you can take your turns for the next round now.
    Last edited by Rellott; 02-24-2020 at 10:48 PM.



    Come join us on Discord!

  5. #1065
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    5,756

    Default

    Additional crit damage: Authentic Forum Dice-roll(2d6) [4]



    Come join us on Discord!

  6. #1066

    Default

    OOC:
    I would argue that we're all on our guard, but I have no other features that would keep me from being surprised.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollInitiative - (1d20+4) (12) [16]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollCon save1 - (1d20+9) (13) [22]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollCon save2 - (1d20+9) (19) [28]
    Strength (Athletics) to avoid shove
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollStr - (1d20+8) (9) [17]

  7. #1067

    Default

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollInitiative - (1d20+2) [22]

    "Hey everyone! Help!" the kuo-toa cries, surprised.

    Once he regains his composure, though, he touches the wounded Malbocco on the shoulder and grants him Protection from Evil (all undead attacks against the big fella are at Disadvantaged for 10 minutes) before backing up away from the fight a full 30 feet.



  8. Default

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollinit - (1d20+6) (1) [7]

    "Get off him!" Jimjar shouts as he starts firing his crossbow.

    (Presuming i beat their init, two sharpshooter shots at one on Mal)

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollattack - (1d20+5) (10) [15]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rolldamage - (1d6+15) (4) [19]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollBonus attack - (1d20+5) (13) [18]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rolldamage - (1d6+15) (2) [17]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollsneak attack - (3d6) (3, 2, 6) [11]

  9. #1069
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    5,756

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ra-thalun View Post
    [roll0]

    "Hey everyone! Help!" the kuo-toa cries, surprised.

    Once he regains his composure, though, he touches the wounded Malbocco on the shoulder and grants him Protection from Evil (all undead attacks against the big fella are at Disadvantaged for 10 minutes) before backing up away from the fight a full 30 feet.

    Getting in that close would provoke an OA as you retreated. You still want to do that?



    Come join us on Discord!

  10. #1070

    Default

    Yeah, Malbocco is going to take the brunt of all the attacks, standing in the doorway as he is and being the meat-shield of the party. My guy will take the OA in order to give Malbocco that protection.



Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •