Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 45

Thread: Captured!

  1. #21

    Default

    And Beetle drops down, now, along with her puppet friend as she stabs her blade down at the giant's back. With other voices, she's leaving it up to the other members whether they wish to reveal just yet. (Or Hyberion)

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollAttack - (1d20+10) [20]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollSneak Damage - (1d8+6+5d6) (1) (5, 4, 4, 6, 5) [31]
    "A good speech should be like a woman's skirt: Long enough to cover the subject but short enough to keep people interested." -Winston Churchill

    The very Prettiest Orc avatar done by the talented Letty Wilson.








  2. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    BOSS ANGELES GANG GANG
    Posts
    42

    Default

    Hyberion continues to bear his arm against the crowd behind his lead, indicating his freed allies to stand their ground. The druid is certainly alarmed by the Fomorian's presence, but Boros and Beetle's stealthy tactics ameliorates his confidence. Dedicated to providing full support from the sidelines, Hyberion recites a hushed, Sylvan mantra; his eyes flicker with an icy blue, and casts Frostbite with the mystical invocation.

    "Glasieu kel'venall...!"


    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage on-hit + Disadvantage vs. 17 DC Con Save - (2d6) [6]
    Last edited by Fighter; 07-30-2018 at 08:49 AM.

  3. #23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Theprettiestorc View Post
    And Beetle drops down, now, along with her puppet friend as she stabs her blade down at the giant's back. With other voices, she's leaving it up to the other members whether they wish to reveal just yet. (Or Hyberion)
    The Formorian howls in agony as he's stabbed, reaching up to try and grab you. Pine retributes with the crowbar in order to protect you, slapping at the Formorian's thumb.
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollAttack - (1d20+1) [8]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d4+1) [3]
    It's mostly ineffective. Regardless, the jailer's free hand eventually comes down to help protect him from your medium-sized comrades in arms. He is pretty badly outnumbered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fighter View Post
    Hyberion continues to bear his arm against the crowd behind his lead, indicating his freed allies to stand their ground. The druid is certainly alarmed by the Fomorian's presence, but Boros and Beetle's stealthy tactics ameliorates his confidence. Dedicated to providing full support from the sidelines, Hyberion recites a hushed, Sylvan mantra; his eyes flicker with an icy blue, and casts Frostbite with the mystical invocation.

    "Glasieu kel'venall...!"

    The Formorian's tough skin means that the cold isn't as hindering as it could be, covering it with a frost that sloughs off of the giant in a second. Authentic Forum Dice-rollCon Save - (2d20w1+5) (6, 1) [6] It does the job, though, causing the monster to wince and break off the ice painfully.
    A flurry of thrown daggers and arrows comes from the circus performers before Ro steps up to stab the monster. It's not very effective, given the minor relative size, and the Formorian only takes 20 damage. It seems these giants really aren't anything to sneeze at, as all of this has merely bloodied the jailer, and he roars for help. You're sure it will come soon.


    Initiative:
    Beetle 21 (UP)
    Circus Members 15 (Awaiting Orders, UP)
    Formorian 10 (Has taken 81 damage, disadvantage on next attack roll)
    Hyberion 6
    Last edited by DarkisnotEvil; 08-02-2018 at 05:00 AM.

    Sadiyah
    :
    Investigator 3- Athelos Rising


  4. #24

    Default

    Thoja'nnom stabs again - they need to take it down quick. They're not going to be able to handle more than one at a time!

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollAttack - (1d20+10) [27]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollSneak Damage - (1d8+6+5d6) (2) (6, 5, 2, 5, 6) [32]
    "A good speech should be like a woman's skirt: Long enough to cover the subject but short enough to keep people interested." -Winston Churchill

    The very Prettiest Orc avatar done by the talented Letty Wilson.








  5. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    BOSS ANGELES GANG GANG
    Posts
    42

    Default

    Hyberion gives a small smile from his successful spell, albeit the minor frost-curse appeared to have worked by sheer luck. Somewhat jarred by the fomorian's high endurance, though, he looks over at his allies and nods firmly. There was no way that a few dinky spells would take him down, and even Thoja'nnom's powerful sneak attacks didn't seem to make the patrolman falter. Hyberion lifts his quarterstaff forward, beckoning the other party members to advance.

    "Go, we have to help!" The druid raises his voice. His inflection is somewhat shaky, but determined nevertheless. He casts Conjure Animals and, to the left of the fomorian, summons a polar bear (CR 2) to aid in the party's endeavors. The called beast lets out a low growl, its wintry fur a clear contrast against the dreary prison walls.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollPolar Bear Initiative - (d20) [15]

  6. #26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Theprettiestorc View Post
    Thoja'nnom stabs again - they need to take it down quick. They're not going to be able to handle more than one at a time!
    That certainly found somewhere soft. And the Formorian is still too distracted to focus fire on you.

    Your allies deal another 35 damage to the Formorian, including Boros, through a mixture of slugging, stabbing, and fired shots and or thrown weapons. The Formorian is now effectively a walled-in pincushion.
    But he can still fight, and as he does, he concentrates his sinister gaze on Boros. The strongman's eyes roll back in his head and he collapses to the floor, crying out in agony. Satisfied with part of his cruelty, the giant turns a club-swing just above his head, trying to hit Thoja.
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollAttack - (2d20w1+9) [22]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (3d8+6) [13] bludgeoning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fighter View Post
    Hyberion gives a small smile from his successful spell, albeit the minor frost-curse appeared to have worked by sheer luck. Somewhat jarred by the fomorian's high endurance, though, he looks over at his allies and nods firmly. There was no way that a few dinky spells would take him down, and even Thoja'nnom's powerful sneak attacks didn't seem to make the patrolman falter. Hyberion lifts his quarterstaff forward, beckoning the other party members to advance.

    "Go, we have to help!" The druid raises his voice. His inflection is somewhat shaky, but determined nevertheless. He casts Conjure Animals and, to the left of the fomorian, summons a polar bear (CR 2) to aid in the party's endeavors. The called beast lets out a low growl, its wintry fur a clear contrast against the dreary prison walls.
    The bear (white) also appears and chips in, carving up the target's leg. The Formorian growls and prepares to lash out against the summoned beast, but the wounds he has sustained add up.
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollAttack - (1d20+7) [26]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d8+5) [8]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollAttack - (1d20+7) [26]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d8+5) [12]
    Soon, he collapses and does not move, club with him. Pine taps him to make sure he's dead (he is) before preparing to flee.

    Boros and the Formorian have both been incapacitated, and the Formorian has been slain outright. There will not be much time left. Which direction do you leave by, and do you take the time to free anyone else?

    Initiative:
    Beetle 21 (UP)
    Circus Members 15 (UP)
    Polar Bear 15 (UP)
    Formorian 10 (Has taken 150+ damage, Slain)
    Hyberion 6
    Last edited by DarkisnotEvil; 08-05-2018 at 10:03 AM.

    Sadiyah
    :
    Investigator 3- Athelos Rising


  7. #27

    Default

    HP: 52/65

    "Minute or less - get Boros up, or if cannot, go! South exit! Thoja will be just behind!" Reeling a bit from being walloped, the Tabaxi wheels around, moving between cages 4 and 5, checking as she goes along. She can only open two cages or so and whoever's inside will have to start running - she has to choose wisely, unfortunately.
    Last edited by Theprettiestorc; 08-05-2018 at 11:25 AM.
    "A good speech should be like a woman's skirt: Long enough to cover the subject but short enough to keep people interested." -Winston Churchill

    The very Prettiest Orc avatar done by the talented Letty Wilson.








  8. #28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Theprettiestorc View Post
    HP: 52/65

    "Minute or less - get Boros up, or if cannot, go! South exit! Thoja will be just behind!" Reeling a bit from being walloped, the Tabaxi wheels around, moving between cages 4 and 5, checking as she goes along. She can only open two cages or so and whoever's inside will have to start running - she has to choose wisely, unfortunately.
    A few characters in the circus stand out:
    A fishlike man with both lungs and gills, tall and spindly in frame.
    A female swami who promises she can tell fortunes and predict the future at the top of her lungs.
    A brave, if resigned, clown who signals you to pick someone else.
    A cage with four trapezists- a family.

    Sadiyah
    :
    Investigator 3- Athelos Rising


  9. #29
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    BOSS ANGELES GANG GANG
    Posts
    42

    Default

    Hyberion hurries to Boros's side with panic racing in the druid's mind. "No, hang in there!" He places a hand on the strongman's arm, reciting another Sylvan mantra in attempts to bring the man a swift convalescence. He casts healing word (Spell slot 2 for additional healing), invoking blue hieroglyphics and spell-woven tapestries upon Boros's wounds. He commands his bear to stand guard at the north, in hopes to impede the fomorians' progress.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollHealing Word lvl. 2 - (2d4+5) (3, 2) [10]

  10. #30

    Default

    Thoja'nnom has little choice - she goes for the family of trapezists, first, making quick work of the lock.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollLockpicking - (1d20+13) [16]

    "Go, go! South, with others!" And tries to make the time for the swami.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollLockpicking - (1d20+13) [30]
    "A good speech should be like a woman's skirt: Long enough to cover the subject but short enough to keep people interested." -Winston Churchill

    The very Prettiest Orc avatar done by the talented Letty Wilson.








Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •