Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 45

Thread: Captured!

  1. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Theprettiestorc View Post
    Bad idea or no, she's not about to leave everyone here. She looks aside, pointing Pine and Hyberion to use the crowbar on the Strongman's cage just south of them. If they're going to start freeing everyone, better start getting the ones out who can hold in a fight - she'll get to unbinding him once she's done with this one.

    And she subsequently offers the pair her bow and daggers, if they can use them. "Keep lookout - let Thoja handle anyone coming. Much stronger in pitched fight."
    They nod. Paura, who takes the bow, asks her, "Can you find our ringleader? He's a wizard, and though he's had his spellbook taken away from him, he's the best planner among us. If anyone knows how to get us out, he would."

    Pine takes the crowbar and tries to use it, but he seems too small to generate the force needed to bust the lock. It seems they picked one of the heaviest cages to hold the strongman in, bars and bolt included. He looks to Hyberion. Hyberion may make an attempt at a DC 20 Strength (Athletics) check to break the lock, at advantage due to the crowbar. Every attempt will take a full round.

    Updates: Cage 7 opened. Freed captives placed in purple mini-squares.
    Last edited by DarkisnotEvil; 07-21-2018 at 06:09 AM.

    Sadiyah
    :
    Investigator 3- Athelos Rising


  2. #12

    Default

    Nodding, putting a finger to her mouth, Thoja'nnom looks to the others. She goes over to Cages 9 and 10, while directing the two newly-freed performers to check cages 1, 2, and 3 for who's inside. Quietly.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollPick Strongman's Lock - (1d20+13) [30] Pick Cage 9's Lock: 30
    Last edited by Theprettiestorc; 07-21-2018 at 07:33 AM.
    "A good speech should be like a woman's skirt: Long enough to cover the subject but short enough to keep people interested." -Winston Churchill

    The very Prettiest Orc avatar done by the talented Letty Wilson.








  3. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    BOSS ANGELES GANG GANG
    Posts
    42

    Default

    Hyberion stares down at Pine, his eyebrows perking up when he motions the druid to try his hand at using the crowbar. He gulps and scratches the back of his head, not adapted to using force. However, whether or not the prisoners were good or bad, he followed the same general principle that Thoj'nnam did: to always try and aid others. Flexing and stretching his fingers, he shyly grasps onto the crowbar and winds it up to the side, and thus attempts to wreak away at the lock.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollStrongman's Cage (Athletics) - (d20+1) [18]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollStrongman's Cage (Athletics) - (d20+1) [21]

  4. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Theprettiestorc View Post
    Nodding, putting a finger to her mouth, Thoja'nnom looks to the others. She goes over to Cages 9 and 10, while directing the two newly-freed performers to check cages 1, 2, and 3 for who's inside. Quietly.

    [roll0] Pick Cage 9's Lock: 30
    Cage 1 is empty.
    Cage 2 has nine common workers in it.
    Cage 3 contains the intelligent lion Sapphire and intelligent tiger Ruby. They are not combat-trained, but perform clever animal acts, and have their natural abilities and instincts.

    The Ling Brothers are happy to be free, and bow to Beetle before searching for their weapons- the twins use ordinary, non-blunted, unaltered ones in their performance for the satisfaction of the crowd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fighter View Post
    Hyberion stares down at Pine, his eyebrows perking up when he motions the druid to try his hand at using the crowbar. He gulps and scratches the back of his head, not adapted to using force. However, whether or not the prisoners were good or bad, he followed the same general principle that Thoj'nnam did: to always try and aid others. Flexing and stretching his fingers, he shyly grasps onto the crowbar and winds it up to the side, and thus attempts to wreak away at the lock.
    The lock bursts via a surge of personal willpower on behalf of the druid. Pine slips inside the cage and frees Boros, who flexes his arms and stretches his muscles. Formerly forced into a position where he could not use his natural leverage to his advantage, he is now able to aid opening the cages. His strength goes far beyond his namesake, and he is able to tear off doors without the use of the crowbar.

    After a short discussion, they confirm that the ringmaster, Barov, was in cage 1, but that he is no longer present. Some fear he has been taken away, while others suggests (quietly) that he has abandoned them. Time is running out before another regular patrol comes through. So many people out of cages will provoke a total lockdown if discovered. You must think quickly. You have the Ling Brothers, Paura and Ro, Boros, and Pine on hand to aid whatever plan you might have.

    (Map Update coming soon)

    Sadiyah
    :
    Investigator 3- Athelos Rising


  5. #15

    Default

    The Tabaxi cracks her knuckles, thinking, before wiggling her fingers and murmuring, explaining quickly as little lights show a rough diagram. "So, patrol from north coming quite shortly - we only have few minutes. Thoja'nnom has enough magic to make someone Invisible. Boros, probably. You be roadblock, between here and here. Thoja carry one light person to hold above doorway. Others hide behind cages here, and here." Indicating between cages 3 and 4 for Boros, and cages 2 and 7 for the others. "Knock out, gag, toss into cages, figure out next move. They will notice patrol does not go south, may only buy fifteen minutes at best."
    "A good speech should be like a woman's skirt: Long enough to cover the subject but short enough to keep people interested." -Winston Churchill

    The very Prettiest Orc avatar done by the talented Letty Wilson.








  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    BOSS ANGELES GANG GANG
    Posts
    42

    Default

    Hyberion raises his eyebrows at the Tabaxi's perspicacity, astounded by her quick thinking. He is thankful to have someone like her, especially on a first encounter and during drastic situations-- especially ones such as this. That being said, he stays within the sidelines, hiding himself between cages 2 and 7 while herding the others to follow after him. He perches himself between the cages, crouching down onto a knee and bringing a palm to his chin. In deep thought, he attempts to figure out why his magical capabilities were continuously impeded during his imprisonment, and if this room in general has a mystical atmosphere that prevents spellcasting regardless.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollArcana Check - (d20+7) (11) [18]

  7. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Theprettiestorc View Post
    The Tabaxi cracks her knuckles, thinking, before wiggling her fingers and murmuring, explaining quickly as little lights show a rough diagram. "So, patrol from north coming quite shortly - we only have few minutes. Thoja'nnom has enough magic to make someone Invisible. Boros, probably. You be roadblock, between here and here. Thoja carry one light person to hold above doorway. Others hide behind cages here, and here." Indicating between cages 3 and 4 for Boros, and cages 2 and 7 for the others. "Knock out, gag, toss into cages, figure out next move. They will notice patrol does not go south, may only buy fifteen minutes at best."
    Everyone moves into position. Boros is the red square, and invisible. The spell will dispel if he attacks. All of the others except Pine and Hyberion are purple small squares. The puppet Pine is directly in front of you, being perhaps the only person both light enough and willing to be dropped on a Formorian. Beetle hovers above the north entrance, high enough to be above a Formorian's head but not out of reach.

    Roll initiative, or edit positions. The enemy will be surprised for their first round.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fighter View Post
    Hyberion raises his eyebrows at the Tabaxi's perspicacity, astounded by her quick thinking. He is thankful to have someone like her, especially on a first encounter and during drastic situations-- especially ones such as this. That being said, he stays within the sidelines, hiding himself between cages 2 and 7 while herding the others to follow after him. He perches himself between the cages, crouching down onto a knee and bringing a palm to his chin. In deep thought, he attempts to figure out why his magical capabilities were continuously impeded during his imprisonment, and if this room in general has a mystical atmosphere that prevents spellcasting regardless.
    An anti-magic cage would be difficult, but not impossible- at least for spells not reaching into the upper echelons of power. It would be hard enough to build one, perhaps, so you wonder why this room wouldn't be blanketed. One of the answers that comes to you is how the Formorians themselves have magical powers that would be useless if the whole room were warded. Furthermore, each cage would need to be dispelled individually, not all at once. The third answer is an alarm spell. A 15-by-15 door could be covered by a conventional magical alarm.
    Last edited by DarkisnotEvil; 07-26-2018 at 08:23 AM.

    Sadiyah
    :
    Investigator 3- Athelos Rising


  8. #18

    Default

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollInitiative - (1d20+5) [21]

    The Tabaxi hovers with Pine, who's presumably got her crowbar after all of that - she wouldn't take him along without a weapon. This has to be fast and clean, her rapier at the ready for the drop.
    "A good speech should be like a woman's skirt: Long enough to cover the subject but short enough to keep people interested." -Winston Churchill

    The very Prettiest Orc avatar done by the talented Letty Wilson.








  9. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    BOSS ANGELES GANG GANG
    Posts
    42

    Default

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollInitiative - (d20+1) [6]

    Hyberion stays put, holding out his arm to the side as to silently indicate for the freed captors to stay hushed and poised. He quietly gulps, though, while his other palm sweats whilst retaining his nature-laden quarterstaff with strict, firm control.

  10. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Theprettiestorc View Post
    The Tabaxi hovers with Pine, who's presumably got her crowbar after all of that - she wouldn't take him along without a weapon. This has to be fast and clean, her rapier at the ready for the drop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fighter View Post
    Hyberion stays put, holding out his arm to the side as to silently indicate for the freed captors to stay hushed and poised. He quietly gulps, though, while his other palm sweats whilst retaining his nature-laden quarterstaff with strict, firm control.
    The second the guard Formorian steps through the door, Boros socks him in the gut twice, providing quite the distraction.
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollAttack - (2d20b1+9) (17, 2) [26]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (2d4+6) (2, 3) [11]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollAttack - (1d20+9) (15) [24]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (2d4+6) (4, 3) [13]

    The Formorian, represented in green, is surprised, and barks a warning in Giant to someone else. Footsteps can be heard from outside as the combat begins. Your new allies also take to the field, following reasonable orders.
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollFormorian Init - (1d20) (10) [10]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollCircus Members Init - (1d20) (15) [15]


    Initiative:
    Beetle 21 (UP)
    Circus Members 15 (Awaiting Orders, UP)
    Hyberion 6 (UP)

    ---
    Formorian 10 (SURPRISED, has taken 24 damage)
    Last edited by DarkisnotEvil; 07-29-2018 at 07:48 AM.

    Sadiyah
    :
    Investigator 3- Athelos Rising


Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •