Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 45

Thread: Captured!

  1. #1

    Default Captured!

    Seized by Formorians! Is there a worse fate?
    "Take them away," said the commanding giant in the stone-grey, form-and-face-concealing long cowl, to his fellow Formorian scum of servants. You were dragged like livestock to cages, where you were separated from your equipment and left to rot in areas just large enough to pace about in and plan an escape with the nothing but common clothes you had. Attempts at magic failed- they thought of everything. Without sunlight to tell day from night, it was maddening. Your captors taunted you by putting your belongings in a chest that reeked of their awful odor JUST outside of your reach. Only meticulous personal measurements of time would reveal that you had been held for a week before something changed.

    ---

    A slight rap on the bars of your cages awakes you. It is a little eladrin boy- or an animated doll that looks like one. What on earth is it doing here?
    "You may call me Pine, for that is the wood I was made of: I am looking for my sister, Ashe, a puppet just like me, but tall and made of pale ash wood, as befits her name. If you tell me where she is, I will free you."

    You may roll any check you wish to try and remember this strange pale woman who you're sure you would have seen, or otherwise convince Pine that you should be freed. He is within arm's reach, if you intend to grab or threaten him. You cannot use magic at this time, and you have been thoroughly searched for tricks and weapons- the Formorians have no sense of privacy towards you.
    Last edited by DarkisnotEvil; 07-13-2018 at 10:00 AM.

    Sadiyah
    :
    Investigator 3- Athelos Rising


  2. #2

    Default

    Grumbling, hands to her head, the bedraggled Tabaxi opens an eye. She's sore from sitting around... and for attempting to climb the bars, all sorts of daring feats which have just left her tired and feeling helpless. She doesn't wear much save her tawny fur, for her armor was always her outfit, and she can't contact her familiar, because of this null of magic. The whole place is simply awful.

    Dragging and pulling at her ears, Thoja'nnom is painfully-aware of exactly how long she's been here. It's almost a curse, now, but when the puppet boy starts inquiring of his sister, she looks up with glimmering yellow orbs. She has almost a perfect memory to a point... surely she would have seen this Ashe.
    "A good speech should be like a woman's skirt: Long enough to cover the subject but short enough to keep people interested." -Winston Churchill

    The very Prettiest Orc avatar done by the talented Letty Wilson.








  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    BOSS ANGELES GANG GANG
    Posts
    83

    Default

    Hyberion slumped back against the bars with a light grunt, having exhausted his options to no avail.

    Well, it was not as though he had many options in the first place: his spells were effectively warded away, even the ones that required no mystical conduit or focus. Every futile attempt to reach for his equipment stirred dour frustration and helplessness in his mind. He glanced over at the Tabaxi, and gave a wry smile that quickly faltered. The man was comforted by the serendipitous company, yet at the same time, he cursed their unluckiness. Backed up against the cage, he slouched gloomily, devising potential solutions of escape mentally. It was the only way to retain hope in such a dreary situation, and he desperately wanted out. To put his feelings simply, Hyberion missed his home.

    He lifted up his chin in alarm when he heard a sudden knock on the cage bars.

    "A child?! You must escape, this is no place for--! ...Oh, erm..." Hyberion paused, struck with the realization that a doll speaking to them. He rose up from the floor and approached Pine, examining the puppet's wondrous miracle of liveliness briefly. Once Hyberion's innate fascination with the puppet subsides, though, he attempts to recollect any prior sightings or knowledge concerning "pale ash wood".

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollRecalling Pale Ash Wood (Assumed Nature Roll) - (d20+7) [20]

  4. #4

    Default

    She speaks up, voice scratchy and low. "She was put in box. Taken away, somewhere. Could help look - all troupe is here." She gestures around, standing. She's not seen much of this one, but she knows of him, and Ashe, and Barov's "boy" Jack. "Just get things from trunk there, and Thoja'nnom will take care of locks." Pointing at where her things should be.
    "A good speech should be like a woman's skirt: Long enough to cover the subject but short enough to keep people interested." -Winston Churchill

    The very Prettiest Orc avatar done by the talented Letty Wilson.








  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    BOSS ANGELES GANG GANG
    Posts
    83

    Default

    Hyberion nodded in agreement with Thoja'nnom as he glanced over at her, before fixating his eyes on Pine. He gulped and took a deep breath. This was an opportunity for freedom, if not the only potential opportunity.

    "R.. Right, I can somewhat recall that she was taken into another room, so she can't be far." He grasped onto the bars lightly, gazing at Pine with sympathy and sadness. "I know it must be difficult to... um, be separated from your family. I-If you could free us, we can gather our equipment and... we can find her, and free her, too." Hyberion stuttered and paused slightly, unsure of how to comfort... mourning puppet children...? He shook his head slightly, reassuming a serious countenance. His charcoal eyes shone with hopefulness to the small puppet.

    "I hope you can let us help you."

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Theprettiestorc View Post
    She speaks up, voice scratchy and low. "She was put in box. Taken away, somewhere. Could help look - all troupe is here." She gestures around, standing. She's not seen much of this one, but she knows of him, and Ashe, and Barov's "boy" Jack. "Just get things from trunk there, and Thoja'nnom will take care of locks." Pointing at where her things should be.
    When he hears this, he perks up and moves over to the chest. It is unlocked, because the lid is heavy and nobody else has access to it. It takes the tiny puppet a few tries to finally heave it open enough to gain access to the contents, which he pitches out onto the floor and slowly brings it over to you. If you want to pick the lock, your thieves' tools are returned to you. Right now, you have as much time as you need to try and retry, and the locks are mass-produced, so Beetle may leave when she likes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fighter View Post
    Hyberion nodded in agreement with Thoja'nnom as he glanced over at her, before fixating his eyes on Pine. He gulped and took a deep breath. This was an opportunity for freedom, if not the only potential opportunity.

    "R.. Right, I can somewhat recall that she was taken into another room, so she can't be far." He grasped onto the bars lightly, gazing at Pine with sympathy and sadness. "I know it must be difficult to... um, be separated from your family. I-If you could free us, we can gather our equipment and... we can find her, and free her, too." Hyberion stuttered and paused slightly, unsure of how to comfort... mourning puppet children...? He shook his head slightly, reassuming a serious countenance. His charcoal eyes shone with hopefulness to the small puppet.

    "I hope you can let us help you."
    The child is too busy working on helping you escape to mourn- it seems assured that you'll be able to get its 'sister' back in one piece. You see that one of its arm sockets is not working correctly. The puppet must have pulled its own arm off at one point to enable some sort of extra reach during its escape. Trying to figure out how to get you out, Pine looks around for a key ring. He does not find one, but uses Beetle's crowbar to slowly but surely pop the lock and let you out.

    Beetle remembers that the prison blocks are separated in the following pattern, and that the people she's seen are arranged as so.


    The cages were lowered in through the ceiling, which is too high to reach. If you wish to dash out of here, I need a Stealth check.
    Last edited by DarkisnotEvil; 07-16-2018 at 07:00 AM.

    Sadiyah
    :
    Investigator 3- Athelos Rising


  7. #7

    Default

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollPick Lock - (1d20+13) [16] vs. DC 15 (assumedly)

    With almost no trouble at all, she gets out, bowing and thanking the young puppet. Young? Old? Doesn't matter. She's working on getting her things on, weapons strapped and hair pulled back as her armor forms into a jaunty outfit. She feels much better now, and she slinks around her cage toward Paura and Ro. What's going on?
    "A good speech should be like a woman's skirt: Long enough to cover the subject but short enough to keep people interested." -Winston Churchill

    The very Prettiest Orc avatar done by the talented Letty Wilson.








  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    BOSS ANGELES GANG GANG
    Posts
    83

    Default

    Hyberion nods appreciatively at Pine, exhaling a breath of relief when the cage's bounds are pried open. He cautiously steps out in a modest attempt in being silent. Once he refit his cloak comfortably about his shoulders, the druid quietly follows after Thoja'nnom, but not before offering his hand to Pine. A part of him felt a profound kinship towards his liberator. Hyberion felt apprehensive about the surrounding environment and its unfortunate inhabitants, but he came to realize that they must have also been unfairly imprisoned.

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Theprettiestorc View Post
    [roll0] vs. DC 15 (assumedly)

    With almost no trouble at all, she gets out, bowing and thanking the young puppet. Young? Old? Doesn't matter. She's working on getting her things on, weapons strapped and hair pulled back as her armor forms into a jaunty outfit. She feels much better now, and she slinks around her cage toward Paura and Ro. What's going on?
    The acrobat and jester are happy to see you. Paura, a pretty human woman, quietly motions in pleading to have the cages opened, and the wood elven Ro nods silently. This is a standard DC 15 lock, easy enough for an expert like Beetle to open- unless she thinks it might be a bad idea. After all, it's easier to hide two missing captives than four.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fighter View Post
    Hyberion nods appreciatively at Pine, exhaling a breath of relief when the cage's bounds are pried open. He cautiously steps out in a modest attempt in being silent. Once he refit his cloak comfortably about his shoulders, the druid quietly follows after Thoja'nnom, but not before offering his hand to Pine. A part of him felt a profound kinship towards his liberator. Hyberion felt apprehensive about the surrounding environment and its unfortunate inhabitants, but he came to realize that they must have also been unfairly imprisoned.
    Pine takes Hyberion's hand without hesitation and follows the druid and rogue as a child would his guardian. He doesn't seem afraid of anything here, an attribute probably due to his naivety and lack of experience. He looks to Beetle to free Paura and Ro, or otherwise justify a decision to the contrary.



    Sadiyah
    :
    Investigator 3- Athelos Rising


  10. #10

    Default

    Bad idea or no, she's not about to leave everyone here. She looks aside, pointing Pine and Hyberion to use the crowbar on the Strongman's cage just south of them. If they're going to start freeing everyone, better start getting the ones out who can hold in a fight - she'll get to unbinding him once she's done with this one.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollLockpicking - (1d20+13) [30]

    And she subsequently offers the pair her bow and daggers, if they can use them. "Keep lookout - let Thoja handle anyone coming. Much stronger in pitched fight."
    "A good speech should be like a woman's skirt: Long enough to cover the subject but short enough to keep people interested." -Winston Churchill

    The very Prettiest Orc avatar done by the talented Letty Wilson.








Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •