Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Best Ingredients

Default The Best Ingredients

Sunday, August 13, 1852. 12:00pm.
    Dorsard
    After eating a sandwich (which was hard to do with the lack of bread on the lunch tables; you had to make do with folded up lettuce), you make your way to Professor Bhatt's office. As you arrive you see that she is leaving, followed by a single file line of six small monkeys. They're chattering quietly, but otherwise seem very well behaved for a pack of monkeys. Except for the one in the back who sticks her tongue out at you.
    "Mr. Hok," Bhatt says. "What brings you here on a Sunday?"
    Last edited by RealWittyAlias; 06-26-2018 at 08:53 PM. Reason: formatting

Blog Entries

Dorsard spares a quick glance at the monkeys but decides not to ask. It might have been part of that task he had heard about earlier.
    "Ah was wonderin' if there were any stores of extra ingredients, Professor." He replies. "Any ones that weren't bein' used that I might experiment with. To change the effect a mah potions an such."
    He glances again at the last monkey but only narrows his eyes.

“Defend the weak, protect both young and old, never desert your friends. Give justice to all, be fearless in battle and always ready to defend the right."

—The law of Badger Lords”
    Brian Jacques, Lord Brocktree

"There are generally extra stores of basic ingredients in the student laboratories," Professor Bhatt tells you. The monkey crosses its eyes at you. "If you want something to really kick up your potions' power, you want Twilight Dagger sap. But you'd have to buy that in town. It's hard to find and it costs a pretty penny... I generally find that the results are worth it, however."
    Last edited by RealWittyAlias; 06-27-2018 at 01:45 AM.

Blog Entries

"Thank you very much, Professor." Dorsard gives a little bow where he glares at the monkey, trying to get it to behave.
    After that he straightens back up and nods to himself."All Ah need tah do now is get the funds." With a final goodbye he sets off to find where this sap would be in town- after all, if he knew how much money he needed to but it, then he could start making an appropriate plan to get the funds.

“Defend the weak, protect both young and old, never desert your friends. Give justice to all, be fearless in battle and always ready to defend the right."

You find an herbalist's shop called Best Herbal Shoppe in the middle of town. It's a very small clay building, with a pale blue roof. Inside are five shelves with vials and bottles filled with various powders and liquids. Behind the counter is a bald and liverspotted old man, and behind him are locked cabinets with more bottles and vials, along with some small paper packages.

"Twilight Dagger sap?" the old man confirms when you tell him what you're after. "That's good stuff, that is. It's fifty gold an ounce. I don't take checks; coin only."

Blog Entries

Dorsard actually feels a little lightheaded at the thought of paying that much for only an ounce of material. That would be enough for one potion, at best.
    "Well, what Ah was really lookin' for was somethin' to increase the affect a my potions. Do you have anythin' else that would have a similar effect?"
    He asks while trying to keep the wince from his face.

"No, nothing else," the old man tells you. "I've got plenty of plants that will increase the effects of your spells, but the Sap is the only thing I've found that boosts your potions' potency."

Blog Entries

"​Would better equipment help? Things to refine the ingredients, heat them up or cool them down, an so on." Dorsard is really stretching here but if the only way to get even a little bit better was to mindlessly grind out potions, then he would have to do it.

"Some specialized tools may help, yes. I have a lab's worth of equipment that I can sell you for two hundred gold. It won't necessarily make your good potions better, but it will make you less likely to make bad potions."

Blog Entries

"That looks very nice but do ye have anythin' more portable? Ah'm lookin' for somethin' Ah can use out in the field. What use is the lab if it's stuck back at home, correct?" Dorsard's frown lightens a few shades but remains in place. He had hoped there was a magical item or something similar but he supposed that he would have to look elsewhere for such a thing.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast