Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The Best Ingredients

"I do have a more portable version," the shopkeep says. "It's only twenty pounds, and only costs seventy five gold. But it won't be as accurate as the other one."

Blog Entries

Once again a twitch threatens to affect the stoic dwarf, but Dorsard suppresses it with effort.
    "Thank you for tha' help, as this was to see what ye offered. I almost have enough and when I do I'll return for the portable lab. It'll serve me better than tha big one."
    The alchemist bids goodbye to the no doubt disappointed shopkeeper, and sets out to discover any other shops. He would've asked the man but asking about your competitors would just have been rude.

“Defend the weak, protect both young and old, never desert your friends. Give justice to all, be fearless in battle and always ready to defend the right."

—The law of Badger Lords”
    Brian Jacques, Lord Brocktree

You ask around the town's four other herbal shops, two potion stores, a greenhouse and nursery, and various other places, but they all give you the same answers as the old man. There doesn't seem to be a way to improve your potions without lots of practice or lots of money.

It's been about an hour since you first started your ingredients' search. You're exiting the latest store that's failed to give you what you need, when you feel a hand tugging at your elbow. The hand seems to belong to the young boy you met yesterday. The one who was trying to steal potions from Mercatus Magicus.

"Heard you're looking for something to boost your potions," he says casually. "I may or may not know where you can get some... but first, have you got my coin pouch?"

Blog Entries

Dorsard looks at the boy in confusion.
    "Why would I have your coin pouch? Did ye lose it? And besides that, do ye know or not where to get something? Not being sure about your information is no way to start negotiatin'."

“Defend the weak, protect both young and old, never desert your friends. Give justice to all, be fearless in battle and always ready to defend the right."

The boy's face turns white for a moment, then he shakes his head and composes himself.

"Oh, I forgot, you wouldn't have it. I tossed it to your friend. The one who summons armies and talks funny? With the pepper grinder? Anyways, she said she would keep it safe before I got arrested. Now I'm not arrested, so I'd rather keep it safe myself. Only I don't know where she lives. If you bring me to her so I can get my pouch back, I'll tell you where you can get..."

The kid looks around for a moment for listeners, then steps a little closer and lowers his voice conspiratorially.

"Twilight Dagger sap. For free. I know where some of the cactus is growing; you'd just have to collect it yourself."

Blog Entries

The dwarf's eyebrows rise up in surprise. This was a stroke of luck indeed!
    "Tha' sounds fair to me. Look, Ah don' think the guards would let ye in the school grounds but Ah'll find her and get the pouch back meself. Then we can go find this cactus your talkin' about an see if it's tha real thing. Deal? "
    This would give him a chance to get more prepared for harvesting the sap, as well as certify the lads story. Dorsard takes a moment to congratulate himself on such a good plan.

"Fine," the boy says with a businesslike nod. "I have some work to do in the meantime, so I'll meet you at the town market. You'll want to bring a weapon of some sort, and maybe a machete."

Blog Entries

Dorsard agrees to the suggestions and quickly makes his way back to the academy, stopping only to see if he can spy Galaga in any of the outside grounds. Once in the building he begins his search, asking any classmates he sees that might have a chance of knowing where she is.

Galaga is nowhere to be found outside. You ask around a little bit and are informed by a grippli girl that "She went to the boys' changing room outside the gym, last I heard."

You make your way to said changing room. The wall to the left of you has a number of lockable cupboards for students to store their belongings in. The back wall has six showers and three toilets, all enclosed in stalls with full length doors. The middle toilet stall is open, and Ches, Feilim, Galaga, Irfan, Lialda, and Owl all gathered around it. You can't see what's inside the stall, what with five people and a cat blocking your view, but you can see a couple dots of shimmery light up on the ceiling above them.

(OOC: Go ahead and join the others here for now.)

Marketplace, 1:00pm
    You head outside with the slightly jingly, mostly empty coin pouch. The young thief is nowhere to be seen. Then you remember that he told you he'd meet you at the town market. You make your way down there and find him loitering in an alleyway behind a melon stall. He's wearing a shabby green cloak with the hood pulled halfway down his face, and wearing a bulky backpack that he most definitely didn't have the last time you saw him. He beckons you over impatiently and, as you draw closer, holds out his hand.

"There you are. You got my pouch?"

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast