Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Toilet Water (Elementals?)

"Sorry to interrupt, Professor," Owl says politely, "but we found a couple of water elementals in the girls' restroom - the one by the music room - that want to be sent home."

------------
    Usually online 8 a.m. - midnight CST

Owl
    "I guess I'll need to dismiss them, then," Ainsley sighs. "No, that has too high a failure risk. Banishment it is, then. I'll need to gather some things for our best chance of success. Do you think you can keep the elementals in one place until I get there? Are you sure there are only two?"

Iorwerth takes a couple cautious steps backwards, down the hall.

"Not so fast, you," Ainsley says. "You can come help me gather things. We'll consider it part of your punishment for nearly setting a classroom on fire."

"One of my classmates can talk to them," Owl replies. "She said two. I'll tell her that you're on the way."

Owl trots back to tell Galaga that Professor Ainsley is coming.

------------

Owl makes it back to the restroom with the other girls. Feilim, who's been waiting outside the door, follows her in with his hands covering his eyes.

"What's happening?" he asks. "Where are the water elementals? Are they attacking? Do you need my muscles?"

"No, but thank you for the offer," Owl responds with a small smile. "They are inside one of the toilets, and they just want to be sent home." She turns to Galaga. "Professor Ainsley will be here shortly."

------------

Blog Entries

"Brilliant!" She answers and resumes her conversation with the water elementals.

"<So, is there any book you'd recommend?>"

Authentic Forum Dice-rollLingustics - (1d20+13) (8) [21]

Girls' Bathroom
    The water elementals make confused noises at Galaga's question. Feilim spins in their direction, hands still covering his eyes.

"I know you said they just want to go home, but I've got my ears on them," he whispers.

After about ten minutes in which the water elementals gurgle away in the toilet -as far as Galaga can tell before her Comprehend Languages spell wears off, they seem to be chattering about how anxious they are to get home again- and Feilim listens on suspiciously, the room to the bathroom opens again. Professor Ainsley marches into the facilities, followed by a large smelly sack being carried by Iorwerth.

"Right," Ainsley says. "Everybody against the walls, please. This should be an easy enough spell, but you never know when something could go wrong. Besides, those elementals could be up to something. Maybe they're trying to lull us into a false sense of security. So just maintain a safe distance from the center of the room."

Gwippigwappa immediately presses herself flat against the wall. Feilim stumbles after her.

"Bowl," Ainsley commands, holding out a hand. Iorwerth pulls a large mixing bowl from his bag and gives it to Ainsley.

"Water." Iorwerth fumbles around with a flask on his hip. He finally gets it unattached from his belt and places it in Ainsley's other hand.

"Door." Iorwerth opens the door to the bathroom stall and Ainsley marches in. The professor takes a long a long swig of water from the flask and, instead of swallowing it, begins swishing it loudly. The toilet sloshes at him. He gargles. After a bit more of this back and forth, the toilet lid flies up and a wave of water splashes into Ainsley's bowl.

Meanwhile, Iorwerth has been setting up a ring of rubbish in the center of the room. A dirty glass bottle. A very smelly sock. A dried clump of what one can only hope is animal dung. A vial of thick brownish green liquid. Etc. He sets it all up in circle the size of a large serving platter, then steps back against the wall with the rest of you. Ainsley emerges from the stall with his now full mixing bowl and sets it into the center of the circle. A clear tendril of water pokes out of the bowl, examines the filth ring on the floor, and immediately retreats back into the bowl.

Professor Ainsley stands just outside the circle. He chants a chant. His hands make a very complicated pattern over the bowl. He reaches into his pockets, pulls out some white powder, and tosses it into the air.

The water elementals vanish.

Boys' Bathroom (Irfan)
    It's been about fifteen minutes since Feilim left you. The shiny object is still sitting in the toilet, just out of your line of sight. It doesn't appear to be moving.
    Last edited by RealWittyAlias; 07-12-2018 at 05:22 PM.

8. Default

Lialda gives a cheer.

Girls' Bathroom
    Ainsley waves a hand dismissively at Lialda's cheer, although he does grin a little.

"That was easier than I thought it would be. I suppose they really did just want to go home. If there's nothing else you all need me for, I'm going back to my office. Iorwerth, clean up that garbage circle."

"And I'm going out to the pond," Gwippigwappa says. "I want to soak in some water that doesn't talk."

The professor and the grippli head for the door, and Feilim asks, "Does this mean nobody wants to see the shiny thing?"

Blog Entries

"I do, Feilim!" Galaga pipes, her hungry brain still in need of stimuli.

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast