Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Toilet Water (Elementals?)

Lialda, Irfan
    The general consensus amongst the townsfolk is that Deol's on Bright Street is the fanciest and priciest jewelry store around. Only the richest of the rich buy their jewelry from there.

Down on Bright Street you pass a bank, a bridal boutique, and a restaurant that Lialda recalls hosting a pair of mischievous monkeys just yesterday. If one were to glance through its windows now, one would see that the dining room has been cleaned up nicely since then. Then, at the end of the street, you see Deol's. It's a gleaming white stone building, two stories tall. A large window display on the first floor holds a variety of jewelry; from gold chains as thin as a strand of hair to a set of earrings made from egg sized rubies.

By now the rain clouds have reached Red River Valley, and it begins drizzling just as you reach Deol's.

Galaga
    You and your sketches find Professor Mukhopadhyaya stalking out of Professor Idowu's office, dragging a large sack behind him. The gnome looks slightly grumpier than usual.

Owl
    The sky outside slowly grows darker and darker as you and Galaga sit at your desks and study. After an hour Galaga leaves, and the clouds choose that moment to open up and send down a drizzling rain. Some of it begins dripping through the open window and onto the floor.

2. Default

Lialda holds a hand up futilely to try to stop the rain from falling on her head, and rushes into the awning of Deol's, leading Irfan by the hand.
    Last edited by eightninetenor; 08-20-2018 at 10:39 PM.

Blog Entries

"Professor Mukhopadhyaya! Professor Mukhopadhyaya!" She runs towards the teacher waving her drafts. Rurik, perched on her shoulder, has somehow an embarrassed face "What a fine and dandy stumbling-upon-each-other this is. What do you think on the possibility of re-programming apian magico-mechanical creatures? It happens the I have a wardrobe guarded by them, but not enough possessions that I need protected. So, if I could create a small coffer, (or even pouch!) containing them so that I can release them at my attackers..." She goes on, pointing at her schematics. The attackers' panicky faces, drawn in an expressionist Eastern style, are quite goofy-looking.
    Last edited by Alcazar QZR; 08-21-2018 at 12:27 AM.

Owl sighs and closes up the window, then cleans up the water that has invaded her quarters. Needing a break from her books, she then goes looking for her roommate.

------------
    Usually online 8 a.m. - midnight CST

Walking through the wealthy neighbourhood made Irfan feel out of place. His eyes moved from one unfamiliar, extravagant scene to another. A small group of men in well tailored suits shaking hands and then heading into the bank. Three young women gawking at lavish bridal gowns and giggling. His nose notices the perfume shop even before his eyes. Inside a expensive restaurant a couple whom seem to have just finishing their meals, now holding hands and sipping on their nearly empty wine glasses.

The first drops of rain rouse him from his tourist daydream. Then he feels a warmth when Lialda takes him by the hand to usher them to shelter. Instinctly, the young man grasps the edge of his new cloak. Flicking his wrist the cloak hardens into a shield which he can use to keep the raindrops from the young woman's head.

Lialda, Irfan
    You find shelter from the rain in Deol's, followed by Feilim. The second you walk into the door and onto the white marble floor, three golden silk fans flutter over and begin wafting a cool breeze in your faces to dispel the muggy heat pervading the town.

The walls are lined with glass cases full of jewelry. Rings, earrings, nose rings, belly button rings, belly chains, pocket watch chains, bracelets, necklaces. The gems and precious metals glint and gleam under the light of the chandelier in the middle of the ceiling, and send rainbow dots throughout the large room.

In the center of the room, about thirty feet away, is a ring-shaped marble counter. A young human woman with pointy elbows and a pointier nose is standing in the center. She raises a white-gloved hand.

"Welcome to Deol's," she says. "I am Aanika. How may I help you today?"

Galaga, Owl
    Owl finds Galaga showing some papers to Professor Mukhopadhyaya outside Professor Idowu's office. His brow furrows in concentration as he examines the drawings and notes. He lets go of the sack he was dragging along, and it falls on its side with a soft 'thump'.

"Hm. Hmmmm. One would have to be quite skilled in mechanical and magical crafting... reprogram the bees to see the new container as their 'home', as it were... Yes, I'm sure this could work just fine."

Blog Entries

"Hm. Hmmmm. One would have to be quite skilled in mechanical and magical crafting... reprogram the bees to see the new container as their 'home', as it were... Yes, I'm sure this could work just fine."
    "And is there anything I could do to achieve -or help achieve- such a feat beyond my current capabilities!? There surely must be!" her eyes are both pleading and ecstatic. One gets a sense that thunderclap, lightning and maniacal cackle are missing. Her grip on the papers crumples the corners.

8. Default

"Hello, Aanika!" Lialda says cheerily. "Any idea who purchased this?" She gestures for whoever has the locket to hold it up.

Irfan moves his hand to retrieve the locket and realizes he's still holding Lialda's hand. His face goes red. Releasing her hand, he fishes for the locket from his pocket.

"Ahem, sorry. This," he repeats. Holding it out for the woman to get a good view.
    Last edited by ArchDruidCrea; 08-23-2018 at 09:38 PM.

Galga, Owl
    "Study," Mukhopadhyaya says. "Practice. Take a crafting class, or at least get some books from the library. As I said, it will take some skill. Not as much skill as it would have taken to craft the bees in the first place, though. The most difficult part has already been done for you."

Irfan, Lialda
    Aanika swings open a chest-height door in the back of the counter and walks over to your group. She takes the locket in her hands and examines it closely.

"Ah. Yes. Yes, I remember this one." She hands it back to Irfan. "I'm afraid I can't tell you who bought it."

"What do you mean you can't tell us? Why can't you tell us?" Feilim demands.

"I'm sorry, but the person who bought it specifically asked me not to tell his identity to anybody. The most I can do is give coy hints if a, and I'm quoting the customer here, 'Gorgeous young woman with fiery locks and flashing emerald eyes' comes asking about it."

Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast