Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A Midseason's Court: Additional Recruitment

Exclamation A Midseason's Court: Additional Recruitment

A Midseason's Court
    Additional Recruitment

Seized by Formorians! Is there a worse fate?

Perhaps so- you could be on the menu. But right now, your focus is on escaping. Despite the conflict between the four courts native to the Feywild, the Formorians seem to be trying to undermine all of them or their own means. There is a dark creature in charge of them that is perhaps taller and more powerful than any of the others, who conceals his presumably hideous form from all viewers with a slate-grey cloak.

More than that, he has captured a band of seemingly ordinary entertainers and invited many malicious guests- hags from despicable covens, secret traitors of all courts, a special guest upon which he intends to bestow weapons of great power to enact his will. He cannot be allowed to do this, not the least because you're probably going to end up dead if they aren't stopped!

But you're not planning to stick around to die. You were captured due to your great skills and knowledge about inner workings of the Feywild, whether it is the rough-and-tumble Wildlands, the bitterly cold Winter Court, the buzzing Fields, or the lush Summer Court. Such knowledge and skills are more than enough to get you out of this particular pickle, and ensure that you manage to make a great escape. How better to accompany a circus troupe?

Initial Information:
    A Midseason Court is a Play By Post 5th Edition Dungeons and Dragons 5th Edition game. Despite the politically-charged name, this will primarily focus on dungeon crawling, questing, and general adventuring, interspersed with short periods of intrigue and/or interpersonal roleplaying. This game is set in the Feywild, but the qualities of the plane differ wildly from D&D/Wizards of the Coasts material. More details can be found here.
    As the group has existing roles filled, we are primarily looking for two types of applicants, one of which is a 'skill monkey' such as a Rogue, and the other being some sort of healing role, like a Cleric. I will tend to favor representatives from the Winter Court, as it lacks a formal representative in the group.

Posting Expectations:
    I expect players to post 2-3 times a week or more. After two weeks of no posting, I will contact you via PM. If you do not respond or respond and fail to provide a sufficient explanation for your lack of posting, I will give you two more weeks to rejoin the merry band before writing your character out of the game. If I need to remind you several times of your commitment for no good reason, I will give you a final warning before dropping your character from play if your patterns do not change. HOWEVER, that said, I completely understand how real-life issues such as deaths, power outages, personal illness or crisis can occur at the worst of times. Real life is always more important than the game. If you need to take some time to settle affairs or problems, I will gladly put your character on hold until the situation is resolved.

Source Material and Character Creation:
    I will try to be open to any non-Player's Handbook material, but I will tell you if I don't wish to include the options- I find some of the spells and items in Xanathar's not to my liking, for example, but most of the archetypes I find fine. If you intend to apply with the Unearthed Arcana version of a character class, archetype, race, or feature, you must indicate which Unearthed Arcana you're referencing. The Lore Mastery Arcane Tradition (Feb 13 2017) will not be considered for play.
    If you intend to use homebrew material, races, or features, you must indicate so in your application and include a source from which I can see all of the features it includes. Failure to do so will be grounds for refusal. Basically, if I can't find it or I can't read it (it's behind a paywall, for example), I can't in good conscience allow it.
    Characters will be level 9, with their first level at maximum HP and every level afterwards given over to the HP rules given below. Mythweavers character sheets are preferred but not required for play.
    • For new characters, each stat will be generated by 4d6r1b3: 4d6, rerolling any ones and then taking the best three.
      • Extremely low scores will be considered for rerolling.
      • I will allow previously-created characters if they fit all other requirements, but their ability scores, equipment, HP, and magic items should be re-generated here. Exceptions may be made for this. Do not count on them.

• You may possess one magic weapon, which has a +1 enhancement bonus, and two magic items I approve, neither of which may have a higher rarity than Rare.
      • If you somehow manage to convince me to allow such a high-rarity item anyways due to compelling story reasons, it will be your only such item, and you will get no +1 magic weapon.

• Evil characters will be allowed, as it's partly to be expected given a court swarming with actual devils, but alignment and priorities should be conductive to play. Chaotic Evil madmen who don't take care to cover up their atrocities will be quietly swept away.
    • If your character originates from the Feywild, I will tell you what they know beyond the rest of the party based on their personal experiences. I have included a non-WOTC PC race native to the setting, Wildmen, which you may choose your character to be part of.
    • I will accept Discord rolls from the TTW server if they can be verified.
    • PCs will be starting off in restraints suitable for their role, but you will be given an opportunity to reclaim your gear. List it on your sheet as if you had it.

• Due to your abilities, you have the favor of one of the courts of the Feywild, or are otherwise notable. Describe an adventure or accomplishment that made you notable or otherwise qualified you for VIP capture instead of dinner by Formorians. It has to be something someone else is willing to vouch for- no keeping secret murders here. This is not a required part of the application, but it may make or break my choice.

House Rules:
    • We will be using Milestone experience, and the group will level up together. Boons and other rewards will take the place of individual experience.
    • When you gain a level, you may determine your HP increase by taking the higher of either your hit die roll or the average, and then adding your Constitution modifier.
    • Lifestyle alternate rules will be used in place of listed GP, described in the spoiler of the same name.

• I will add relevant homerules or personal errata as needed in play. In the same vein, I will attempt to accommodate for player-favored house rules, but I am not promising any guarantees.

On request, I will list the current party composition for easier reference.
    Current Party:
    Berenion- Broghar of Silverbeard: NG Mountain Dwarf Warmage Wizard
    Matthan- Solen Meadowborn: NG Protector Aasimar Oath of the Ancients Paladin
    Rellott- Veta Wixsidv: LE Feral Tiefling Noble (3rd party class)
    Alcazar QZR- Hunter Til: TN Wildman Ranger (Revised)

Applicants In Consideration:
    daraghkeelty- Alain Hopebearer: LN Gold Dragonborn Oath of the Crown Paladin
    Theprettiestorc- Thoja'nnom "Beetle" Anatieri: CG Tabaxi Arcane Trickster Rogue
    Arcanegeek- Purity: LE Mephistophelean Tiefling Celestial Warlock
    Fighter- Hyberion Frost-Oath: LG Wildman Circle of Dreams Druid
    Last edited by DarkisnotEvil; 07-10-2018 at 06:09 AM. Reason: Accidentally mislinked one of the labels
    Sadiyah: Investigator 3- Athelos Rising

Blog Entries

Well, time to learn 5e properly. Here goes nothing.

Authentic Forum Dice-roll(4d6r1b3) (3, 5, 3, 4) [12]
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(4d6r1b3) (2, 4, 6, 3) [13]
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(4d6r1b3) (3, 6, 2, 6) [15]
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(4d6r1b3) (1, 5, 2, 4, 6) [15]
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(4d6r1b3) (6, 3, 1, 6, 3) [15]
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(4d6r1b3) (6, 6, 6, 5) [18]

EDIT: Oh, wow, nice rolls.
    Last edited by BMR; 06-26-2018 at 12:05 PM.

Blog Entries

HP rolls

• Level 01: 8 + 1 = 9
    • Authentic Forum Dice-rollLevel 02 - (1d8+1) (4) [5]
    • Authentic Forum Dice-rollLevel 03 - (1d8+1) (1) [2]
    • Authentic Forum Dice-rollLevel 04 - (1d8+1) (8) [9]
    • Authentic Forum Dice-rollLevel 05 - (1d8+1) (8) [9]
    • Authentic Forum Dice-rollLevel 06 - (1d8+1) (7) [8]
    • Authentic Forum Dice-rollLevel 07 - (1d8+1) (5) [6]
    • Authentic Forum Dice-rollLevel 08 - (1d8+1) (4) [5]
    • Authentic Forum Dice-rollLevel 09 - (1d8+1) (1) [2]

4d6r1b3
    4d6r1b3
    4d6r1b3
    4d6r1b3
    4d6r1b3
    4d6r1b3

Oh that's not how that works at all
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(4d6r1b3) (6, 1, 6, 6, 3) [18]
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(4d6r1b3) (1, 1, 5, 2, 6, 2) [13]
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(4d6r1b3) (2, 3, 6, 6) [15]
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(4d6r1b3) (6, 1, 3, 6, 5) [17]
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(4d6r1b3) (3, 4, 6, 6) [16]
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(4d6r1b3) (3, 6, 4, 1, 5) [15]

Default A Midseason's Court: Additional Recruitment

Aww yiss, time for the return of Alain.

Authentic Forum Dice-rollStats - (4d6rb3) [13]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollStats - (4d6rb3) [11]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollStats - (4d6rb3) [11]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollStats - (4d6rb3) [16]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollStats - (4d6rb3) [14]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollStats - (4d6rb3) [15]

Current sheet, just gotta type backstory bits, but she's gonna be a representative of the Summer Court: https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1624362
    "A good speech should be like a woman's skirt: Long enough to cover the subject but short enough to keep people interested." -Winston Churchill

The very Prettiest Orc avatar done by the talented Letty Wilson.

Y'know what, I'll try to get into this game again

Authentic Forum Dice-roll(4d6r1b3) (3, 3, 4, 2) [10]
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(4d6r1b3) (4, 6, 5, 1, 2) [15]
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(4d6r1b3) (2, 6, 4, 5) [15]
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(4d6r1b3) (2, 5, 1, 1, 1, 6, 5) [16]
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(4d6r1b3) (3, 4, 2, 1, 6) [13]
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(4d6r1b3) (5, 6, 3, 5) [16]

Hp rolls
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(8d8) (5, 1, 1, 6, 3, 3, 7, 7) [33]

Authentic Forum Dice-rollHP rolls - (8d10) (5, 9, 8, 7, 4, 9, 9, 5) [56]
    Using the law rule of hp, three of those become 6.

6, 9, 8, 7, 6, 9, 9, 6=60+10=70+CON mods (9)= 79 total hp.
    Last edited by daraghkeelty; 06-27-2018 at 06:17 AM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast