Thread: [IC] Underwater Campaign 3.5, homebrewed world.

Default [IC] Underwater Campaign 3.5, homebrewed world.

Hello!

I haven't used the forums in a long time but throughout the years I've accumulated a large amount of campaign ideas and adventures due to my unbridled creativity; one of my favorite ideas is an underwater campaign where all of the players take the roles of aquatic races in a world where the civilizations and creatures dwarf those on land.

Originally I planned to run a game like this with my group of friends, but because we're all to busy with work I figured it might work best with play by post, especially since combat would be 3D primarily and It's a little harder to gauge that on a mat or on a virtual board (I prefer narrative style anyway).

The campaign in question will stem from my larger homebrew world and is one of many incarnations of this world, and it will feature some homebrew races since there isn't much choice when it comes to aquatic characters.

This game will use the Stormwrack and Book of Nine swords supplements for 3.5 the Binder class from Tome of magic is also allowed; I prefer to use the Crusader, Swordsage, Warblade over the Paladin/Monk/Fighter because my opinion on these classes is they're meant to be a "version 2.0" and I have reasons in game for why they're able to replicate seemingly magical effects with their fantastic fighting ability (but it's something meant to be discovered in game)

When it comes to feats and prestige classes I can be pretty strict since I know things with 3.5 can get out of hand easily so I ask for now that if you're interested in making a character work within the books I've placed here and if things get rolling later on, different classes or feats will become available; and in the case of Prestige classes I actually prefer to make my own and have them more like an event or promotion to that character as a hard earned reward or something like that; Which also means certain character goals of your own will create them.

Encounter wise I like to do interesting and tactical stuff, and I can be pretty lax about interesting ideas parties come up with to overcome the challenge, but I'm not going to be a ghoul and set up unwinnable situations where you get instagib because that is less fun for everyone, however if character death happens that is just how the dice roll.

I hope there are some people out there interested in this idea of mine I think even if I had 3 guys interested that would be enough, in the meantime I'm going to be writing more to this setting. Thank you for reading
    Updated my Journal...Updated my Journal...Updated my Journal...Updated my Journal...Updated my Journal...Updated my Journal Planning a Shadow Run or D&D 2nd edition game in the future [I]

Blog Entries

I'd be interested in a 3.5 campaign, been a while since I've played in one of those. If you run this, I'll sign up.

Very interesting concept - I'll also apply if you run this.

------------
    Usually online 8 a.m. - midnight CST

Glad to hear it! I haven't played or ran a 3.5 game in awhile either, I've mainly stuck to running Fantasy Craft, and was invited to a 5th ed game and the rules were so different from what I was used to it lead me to rereading my old 3rd ed books, and now I'm here preparing a game.

It will be a fun challenge as well to run a game Underwater it's something I've wanted to do for awhile and I feel there is just so much that could be done that has never been explored, there are many aquatic enemies and the only games I've seen that get close are more aligned towards naval adventures, which is fine and that may still be apart of this game in some respect.

Are you sure you don't wanna do this in Pathfinder? Not much of a change, easy to adapt your books to if you wish, and much easier to run about in with all sorts of items and taces tailored.

Just an idea!
    "A good speech should be like a woman's skirt: Long enough to cover the subject but short enough to keep people interested." -Winston Churchill

The very Prettiest Orc avatar done by the talented Letty Wilson.

Quote Originally Posted by Theprettiestorc View Post
    Are you sure you don't wanna do this in Pathfinder? Not much of a change, easy to adapt your books to if you wish, and much easier to run about in with all sorts of items and taces tailored.

Just an idea!
    Yes I am sure, I hate Pathfinder and what it's become if anything I would have adapted this game for Fantasy Craft which is the most customizable and easy to run d20 system I've played with. I find Pathfinders system has become more convoluted than what it's a clone of even with all of 3.5's splats and the problems it had, and I like the idea of separate sensory checks, It's just easier to pick a couple of books for 3.5 and then say "this is what we're playing with" in the case of Pathfinder most people would just look through the SRD which has all published Paizo material and it would consistently be a pain to go through all the stuff they've brought out in the case I felt something might be too powerful.

The Book of Nine Swords classes replacing the traditional martial classes is enough in my opinion, since the biggest gripes I've read/heard concerning 3.5 is that magic users are just more powerful than everyone, and it is true; in Pathfinder this is even more relevant and while I am aware the BoNS classes are adapted to Pathfinder It doesn't matter since basically everyone is a magic user anyway.
    Updated my Journal...Updated my Journal...Updated my Journal...Updated my Journal...Updated my Journal...Updated my Journal Planning a Shadow Run or D&D 2nd edition game in the future [I]

Closing.